“Amazing visit of my own town”

Timisoara Tour Guide
Ranked #1 of 7 Food & Drink in Timisoara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hi! My name is Alexandra also known as the "girl with the red umbrella". As a professional tour guide and genealogy researcher, I offer my tailor made tours of Timisoara, Sherlock (ancestry) tours and research, and day trips to the countryside. History, trivia, architecture, tips & tricks, communist heritage, all in a nutshell for you to enjoy during your stay in Timisoara! Extras: I can help out with airport transfers and choosing the right means of transportation to fit your travel arrangements, thus avoiding on-arrival confusion; traditional meals, accommodation and souvenir recommendations, translation & interpretation, pub crawls and guaranteed laughs.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you want to find out more about Timisoara,
I would highly recommend Alexandra as your guide,
together with her red umbrella.

Her passion in the research of the old pieces of town history
offers you a delicious mix between the documented history,
the evolution of the town and the associated gossip from the past.

I didn't felt the time passing by in her pleasant company,
while I have really seeing, for the first time,
the monuments and the buildings
that I have ignored every day.

Thank you for the re-discovery of my own town!

1  Thank Florin B
"informative visit"
"great opportunity"
"lovely city"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although I live in Timisoara for quite some years I realized I do not know the stories behind some buildings, parks or districts so I decided to go on some guided Tours of Timisoara (History tour, Revolution tour , Traian district tour, Church tour). The most memorabil one was on 17th September 2017 on Traian distric tour when the whole group was in front of the main gate to one of the oldest parks in Timisoara, with trees plant 100 years ago and we were listening to our guide when suddenly the sky turned black in few minutes and it was clear that a heavy storm was about to start. Than a quick suggestion from our guide was to find shelter in the restaurant & coffee bar across the street. And there we were in a 100 years old building , with no electricity, around our guide who was continuing the story of Timisoara history with us almost like in a 4 or 5 D movie. Storm outside , thunders, heavy rain, broken trees and branches flying in the air and visible from the windows. Was almost like living the story and getting back 100, 200, 300 years ago . And we were safe in the old building around our guide.
I can not quarranty that they work hand in hand with nature, but for sure know how to handle a group situation to make them feel safe and also make the time spent with them quite valuable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When you hear Alex’s English, you are definitely going to ask if she is a native English speaker or a local ;) she knows a lot about her town and very good in presentation.. strongly recommended as a guide in Timisoara

1  Thank Ziya O
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Alexandra is definitely one of the best guides I have ever met and definitely the best one in Timisoara.

Therefore, should you visit my wonderful city (yes, I am from Timisoara and I went on a tour in Timisoara and despite the fact that I know a lot of things about my city, Alexandra tought me a lot of new things and also managed to make me see certain aspects in a total different and interesting light and that's something!!! ).

She loves what she does and you can see that by the look on her face and the light in her eyes: there's passion everywhere, passion about history, passion about Timisoara and Banat, passion about people and passion about historical education! What's not to love?? You can barely sense the time fly away with all the stories, explanations, jokes, questions, photos and laughter :) She is definitely the most indicated person to present Timisoara to locals and tourist and we are so lucky to have her introduce you to Timisoara. You will not miss a cool story, not miss a hot spot, not miss anything that need to be checked in Timisoara. Come visit us, but only do it with her a guide! :) otherwise, it's almost in vain

1  Thank adinamurgila7