Lowest prices for your stay
US$68
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreamsUS$68
PricelineUS$68
CheapTicketsUS$62
All reviews tower room family style hobbit homes private cabin social atmosphere common kitchen swimming pool and jacuzzi view from the balcony an amazing place to stay spiral staircase new friends own bathroom a great stay other travelers little things min drive incredible views
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020

As soon as were allowed to travel after 7 months COVID lockdown in Panama, we couldn’t wait to visit Boquete. My boyfriend found Bambuda Castle on the Internet and told me that “It has tiny Hobbit rooms for rent”. As we were not sure, we booked for a night but ended up staying for five nights. Not only Ely (Manager?) and Carlos (Bartender?) were so kind and helpful but also our room (superior bungalow) was spotlessly clean. I saw that the cleaning guy wears a head-lamp when he cleans the rooms. We loved the view of the Baru Volcano from the hotel. The only problem for us, was that the Bambuda restaurant was still closed because the COVID Lockdown had just lifted. We made simple meals in the common kitchen though. We didn’t have a chance to use the swimming pool and the Jacuzzi. They looked very nice and clean. We found new friends while staying in Bambuda. We plan to visit again early next year for Volcan Baru hiking, which we were not able to do this time. I highly recommend Bambuda Castle.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 4 April 2020

Great in ever way possible. The best hostel I've ever stayed at.

Some of the best food I've ever had at a hostel. Great pool. The public kitchen is great. The only small thing I'd have to say they could improve is just to sharpen the knives in the kitchen.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2020

This is really an amazing place to stay. It is a combination of a nice hotel and a hostel, with wonderful food and excellent views. The staff is multi-lingual (as are most of the guests) and helpful. Meals are family style with some entree choices that you select a bit in advance. Both meals I ate here were wonderful. Downstairs there is a shared kitchen that was practical for lighter meals, but sometimes a bit crowded. The grounds are well kept and the views are excellent. I stayed in one of the "tower rooms" which were remarkable for their uniqueness--you just need to be willing to deal with a spiral staircase. It's not every day that you cross a moat on the way to your room!

Reviewed 22 February 2020

I had a great stay in this castle while in Boquete, it has great accessories to include a jacuzzi and a pool, it has an amazing view, and great surroundings, I love how friendly and fast the customer service was and I am looking forward to enjoy another stay in the future. Thanks for your hospitality bambuda team. Danilo.

Room tip: Stunning views and great staff
1  Thank Westin23
Reviewed 18 February 2020

Bambuda Castle is both incredibly beautiful and unique. We stayed in the Garden Bungalows which offered a more private experience; however, any and all traditional amenities one looks for in a hostel were available to us if and when we wanted.

The castle offers breathtaking views and close proximity to any and all activities Boquete offers. We toured a coffee farm, hiked and explored the downtown area. The staff if truly willing to meet your personal needs. Whether you simply want a place to stay and privacy or assistance in your daily activities and meals the staff at BC will meet your needs.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple