Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kevin B
Poway, California

Nice hotel, not so great location.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Dec 2022
We stayed here one night in between JFK and LaGuardia flights. Pros: The staff was excellent, very pleasant and professional. They took care of our special request. Breakfast started at 6:30 and had a selection of hot items, cereals and breads. LaGuardia shuttle runs on the half hour and it is 10 minutes away. Cons: Room was ok but could use a few updates, but was clean. Location is not ideal as it is located near a busy road and highway. Heard car horns honking and some road noise, not really a problem for our sleeping, but it may depend where your room is. Food is an issue as there really wasn't much within walking distance and perhaps not being that comfortable with the neighborhood. The staff gave us a recommendation for Italian food which arrived within 30 minutes and was quite good.
Date of stay: December 2022
    • SpringHill Suites
      $350
    3.4 km from Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria
    View more hotels in Astoria
    All reviews front desk complimentary shuttle breakfast sandwich stayed here for one night laguardia driver airport cereal ny flight neighborhood
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 18 December 2022 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and the service is terrible at the front desk in the afternoon and evening. I only continue to stay because it’s for my work. I am about to recommend we all stay elsewhere. The maid service is terrible. They don’t serve breakfast until too late for business travelers and I asked for a plate and/ or bowl and was told by front desk they don’t have any. Lazy and unprofessional staff!

Date of stay: December 2022
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 13 September 2022

We stayed here for one night while attending the US Open Tennis Tournament. They really catered to those guests going to the tournament and I appreciated all those little touches. The best thing they did was offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the site of the tournament every hour. It was a huge help to avoid Uber costs and parking hassles. They also printed out a schedule of matches every morning to help you decide which matches to watch. Aside from the special things they did for the tournament I found the hotel to be the norm for a Fairfield. The breakfast they provided was way above average though with fresh pastries and breakfast sandwiches. The room was comfortable and quiet. I would highly recommend if you're needing to catch a flight to LaGuardia (shuttle provided for this as well) or are attending an event at Flushing Meadows. Great job.

Date of stay: September 2022
    Reviewed 10 August 2022

I booked this hotel based on the rating on the website. When I got to the airport, the driver didn't know where the hotel was, which should have been a big red flag.....

The hotel has a tiny lobby, prison cell size rooms, and it's right on a freeway.

To make it worse, it was the same price as all the others

You can do better!

Room tip: Stay somewhere else. if you are here, stay away from the freeway
    Date of stay: August 2022
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    1  Thank WorldTraveller550
    Christine Chimelis, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2022

Dear WorldTraveller550

I apologize that our hotel did not meet your standards.
    We get such high ratings because most guests love the location, cleanliness, service and staff. It is a small hotel but we do stay very busy being that we are a Airport Hotel. We have never had any complaints about our drivers. Again, I apologize that your experience was not a good one due to the size of the lobby and room.

Reviewed 13 June 2022

First of all, to be fair, the hotel was under no obligation to check us in before the normally scheduled time. However, here's the sequence of events. Before returning our rental car, I thought it would be more convenient to drop off my significant other and our baggage at the hotel. On arrival, the clerk told us the room wasn't quite ready but invited me to check in anyway. She directed me to a machine that didn't take my credit card chip in first, so I slid it and was accepted.
    I even signed when completed. I then left to return the car, take the shuttle to the airport and have the motel shuttle take me back. Almost immediately after leaving, my significant other messaged me that the room was ready. However, the lady clerk was gone and replaced by a guy who informed her that they needed my credit card before she could get the keys. When she told him we had already done that, he continued to insist that the card was needed before a key could be given. What????? In addition to having already done that, I had already used that card to make my reservations. Most hotels simply ask me if I want to keep that card for my final bill. AND in addition to that, I had received an email offer the day before offering to let me check in early. At any rate, that left my significant other guarding the bags in a very warm lobby. When I returned, I asked what went wrong. She had no explanation, so without raising a fuss, I simply went through the process again. Before going up to the room, I asked her about the shuttle to the airport. She told me it leaves every fifteen minutes. However, the next morning, we went down to the lobby before 5:30 hoping we could take that shuttle to the airport (our flight was 7:45). That clerk informed us that the shuttle doesn't begin its service until 6 a.m. and only leaves on the half hour. As we sit there waiting for 6, we hear another family tell a similar story...that the clerk had told them that while breakfast isn't served until 7, there would be something they could grab and go. The morning clerk said he knew nothing about that and...no there was nothing to grab and go.
    Obviously, there is a huge communication breakdown amongst their staff. To add to the aggravation, since we had a lot of time to kill the afternoon before, we asked if we could play cards using one of the tables in the dining area. We were told no, that was off limits. Seriously, a hotel with no gathering space? We had just spent the previous 14 nights in hotels that surpassed our expectations, so this hotel was a major disappointment. Little things can add up to a huge frustration.

Date of stay: June 2022
    Reviewed 19 March 2022

Stayed one night, just 2 hours of sleep. Terrible noise from the street woke me up, Either they have street racing here or something else, police also contributed to the sound with their sounds and hotel has no soundproof whatsoever. It's like sleeping with opened balcony door. Anything positive about hotel is eliminated by this. Odd numbers are on the side of the noise.

Date of stay: March 2022