Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
howniceinhouston22

An Open and Shut Case

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Sept 2022
We stayed here for one night while attending the US Open Tennis Tournament. They really catered to those guests going to the tournament and I appreciated all those little touches. The best thing they did was offer a complimentary shuttle to and from the site of the tournament every hour. It was a huge help to avoid Uber costs and parking hassles. They also printed out a schedule of matches every morning to help you decide which matches to watch. Aside from the special things they did for the tournament I found the hotel to be the norm for a Fairfield. The breakfast they provided was way above average though with fresh pastries and breakfast sandwiches. The room was comfortable and quiet. I would highly recommend if you're needing to catch a flight to LaGuardia (shuttle provided for this as well) or are attending an event at Flushing Meadows. Great job.
Date of stay: September 2022
Exterior
$369
3.4 km from Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria
View more hotels in Astoria
All reviews front desk complimentary shuttle breakfast sandwich stayed here for one night laguardia driver airport cereal ny flight neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2022

I booked this hotel based on the rating on the website. When I got to the airport, the driver didn't know where the hotel was, which should have been a big red flag.....

The hotel has a tiny lobby, prison cell size rooms, and it's right on a freeway.

To make it worse, it was the same price as all the others

You can do better!

Room tip: Stay somewhere else. if you are here, stay away from the freeway
Date of stay: August 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank WorldTraveller550
Christine Chimelis, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2022

Dear WorldTraveller550

I apologize that our hotel did not meet your standards.
We get such high ratings because most guests love the location, cleanliness, service and staff. It is a small hotel but we do stay very busy being that we are a Airport Hotel. We have never had any complaints about our drivers. Again, I apologize that your experience was not a good one due to the size of the lobby and room.

Reviewed 13 June 2022

First of all, to be fair, the hotel was under no obligation to check us in before the normally scheduled time. However, here's the sequence of events. Before returning our rental car, I thought it would be more convenient to drop off my significant other and our baggage at the hotel. On arrival, the clerk told us the room wasn't quite ready but invited me to check in anyway. She directed me to a machine that didn't take my credit card chip in first, so I slid it and was accepted.
I even signed when completed. I then left to return the car, take the shuttle to the airport and have the motel shuttle take me back. Almost immediately after leaving, my significant other messaged me that the room was ready. However, the lady clerk was gone and replaced by a guy who informed her that they needed my credit card before she could get the keys. When she told him we had already done that, he continued to insist that the card was needed before a key could be given. What????? In addition to having already done that, I had already used that card to make my reservations. Most hotels simply ask me if I want to keep that card for my final bill. AND in addition to that, I had received an email offer the day before offering to let me check in early. At any rate, that left my significant other guarding the bags in a very warm lobby. When I returned, I asked what went wrong. She had no explanation, so without raising a fuss, I simply went through the process again. Before going up to the room, I asked her about the shuttle to the airport. She told me it leaves every fifteen minutes. However, the next morning, we went down to the lobby before 5:30 hoping we could take that shuttle to the airport (our flight was 7:45). That clerk informed us that the shuttle doesn't begin its service until 6 a.m. and only leaves on the half hour. As we sit there waiting for 6, we hear another family tell a similar story...that the clerk had told them that while breakfast isn't served until 7, there would be something they could grab and go. The morning clerk said he knew nothing about that and...no there was nothing to grab and go.
Obviously, there is a huge communication breakdown amongst their staff. To add to the aggravation, since we had a lot of time to kill the afternoon before, we asked if we could play cards using one of the tables in the dining area. We were told no, that was off limits. Seriously, a hotel with no gathering space? We had just spent the previous 14 nights in hotels that surpassed our expectations, so this hotel was a major disappointment. Little things can add up to a huge frustration.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 19 March 2022

Stayed one night, just 2 hours of sleep. Terrible noise from the street woke me up, Either they have street racing here or something else, police also contributed to the sound with their sounds and hotel has no soundproof whatsoever. It's like sleeping with opened balcony door. Anything positive about hotel is eliminated by this. Odd numbers are on the side of the noise.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2022

My fiancé and I stayed at this property to avoid a long drive home after attending an engagement party in the area. I see some of the other reviews mention a smaller parking lot which is accurate (but really what do you expect in Queens?) but we had zero issue getting a spot. The moment we stepped into the lobby we noticed that it was warm, welcoming, and even smelled pleasant! The front desk gentleman was kind courteous and professional. The room itself was exactly what I expect from a Marriott- clean, and accommodating! My fiancé was especially impressed with the very sleek and modern shower, which I believe had been updated since the last time we stayed. Overall our stay albeit short was very pleasant. We felt very welcomed and comfortable and slept wonderfully as we always do at a Marriott property. We also happened to meet the General Manager as we were checking out, who was very warm, professional and courteous to us.

Reviewed 6 March 2022 via mobile

This was not a good visit at this MARRIOTT location. I stayed one night using 20000 points plus 3.50 for NY fees. Then, this property held 150.00 incidentals on my card. The lady that checked me in told a lie before knowing that I'm a titanium member with the brand. She later had to retract her lie. It's nowhere in the hotel stating this property holds $150. The next day, I had to catch a plane. I called and let them know I needed the shuttle. The girl at the front desk states the shuttle runs from 600a-1230 and picks back up at 530pm. It's nowhere in the hotel letting customers know what time the shuttle runs. My flight left at 530pm. This place is horrible. MARRIOTT needs to have all properties on one accord. I'm personally tired of dealing with this kind of stuff and poor customer service. I spend too much money a year to deal with this. I will take my business elsewhere. I only stay with the brand for the perks. But I'm at a place where I don't care about the perks; it's not worth it. I will also say the foreign owners and workers are the worst to deal with. I'm just about over doing business with all of the MARRIOTT properties. Titanium and up members need to be treated better. I literally spend 20,000 a year with the brand for the last 9yrs.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Christine Chimelis, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2022

Dear englandviews,

I apologize that you did not have a good experience with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and I am proud to say for the most part we achieve that.
I assure you no one lied to you at the front desk. Our incidental hold is $150. which you do get back once you check out as long as there was no smoking or damages to the room. That goes for all guests, Platinum's, Titanium's & Ambassadors.
As for the shuttle, it was running on a limited service schedule due to the pandemic. It was 6am-1pm then 5pm-11pm. Now that mandates are being lifted we are going back to normal shuttle service which will run from 6am-11pm. I apologize for the inconvenience that caused you.
Due to the pandemic, unfortunately many businesses and companies had to make changes they did not want to make, because of that most of our guests would call us ahead of time to see what changes have been implemented.
We pride ourselves on having a diverse and hard working staff from all different backgrounds.