“Movie Day!”

UA Kaufman Astoria Stadium 14 & RPX
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I've been in this theater before. This time I came to see Black Panther. The theater seemed quiet. It night have been because of the time and day I was there. I know Black Panther came out 2 months ago. I wanted to see the reactions first. It was a great movie! A lot of visual effects. Wakanda Forever! Ok ok this is not a movie review. Let’s talk about the theater. This is a huge theater with comfortable seats, great sound system, nice pleasant employees, a good concessions stand, great posters, clean bathrooms and all. They maintain it well. Btw I didn't have popcorn or any food, so I can't speak about the snacks. This theater is affiliated with some restaurants across the street from it. You get a discounted ticket if you dine at UNO, Applebee’s or Panera Bread. I went back to see “A quiet place” and it was so quiet that I could hear my chair squeaks every time I got scared from the scary scenes. But “I never freeze!” The Avengers Infinity War is coming to take over the world soon. Hmmm, what to do?

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Get the Regal bonus card to earn points for free popcorn --- all theater purchases go toward points with card --

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Nothing to write home about except great way to escape the heat. Fair popcorn. Seats relatively comfortable. Screen good. Very big theater. During the weekday beware gaggles of kids coming to also escape the summer heat. Much of the kids were from local summer camps.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I saw Marvel's LOGAN in the newly-refurbished RPX theater. The sound was loud and clear as a bell - from the tingle of breaking glass to the rumble of an earthquake the audio tech was impressive.

The theater itself was fairly clean but the customer service among the floor staff (especially security) left much to be desired.

The small indoor kiddie play land is great for little kid parties. (The coin-op FPS games are outdated and often have misaligned or uncalibrated controls.)

An average experience.