2,921 results
All reviews thai restaurant aqua bar la pomme diamond member dolphin watching water sports guest services beach restaurant infinity pool glass bottom boat half board deluxe room our honeymoon every evening water skiing live band main restaurant
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely 10night honeymoon spent at the Hilton! On arrival we were warmly greeted by all the staff at reception with a complimentary cocktail. We booked a honeymoon offer so we also received a complimentary couple massage in the spa and another voucher for cocktails and canapés. We were showed to our room which was beautiful just behind the children’s pool. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious. Housekeeping was always done twice a day with a deep clean every third day I think. The mini bar was always stocked although it is very expensive but that’s like most hotels.
We went half board , breakfast was delicious! Everything you could imagine my husband particularly enjoyed the omelettes made fresh to order. Dinner was also really enjoyable they had different themes each night but had so much to choose from you never got bored! The flavours and sauces were all delicious we were very impressed! we also ate lunch at the restaurant on the beach a couple of times and booked into the ginger Thai one evening which was amazing food!
The boat house was all free water activities which was great! We went on a pedal boat and a canoe was really fun!
The beach and pool area was always tidy and clean and always had empty beds you never had to wait or be disappointed with not finding one.
The children’s pool was actually pretty cold so most children were in the jacuzzi as was much warmer which was abit annoying as they constantly jumped in and one child did slip and hurt him self. But the adults infinitely pool was lovely and warm with a beautiful setting.
We also used the spa quite a few times which is also free to use and is usually open till 8pm we enjoyed our complimentary massage and I also had a leg massage which was wonderful!
We visited the casela zoo where we done zip lining which was a fun day out we booked this through our rep pascal who worked for Coquille Bonheur. We also visited some shopping centres and just got a taxi out the front of the hotel they wait for you and also bring you back.
We also went for lots of walks along the beach front down to Flic En Flac where there are various little shops and cafes etc.
All the staff at the Hilton were brilliant very friendly and always smiley! A warm welcome where ever you went! We made friends with one of the entertainment staff Bryan who came and played pool with us a couple of nights and gave us an insight in to Mauritius living which was very interesting.
All in all a fantastic honeymoon ! Lovely memories made definitely one to remember! Hopefully one day we will get to return!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abi03
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

The staff were so friendly and the free activities offered and the facilities were excellent. Loved the view, service and the food especially the Ginger Thi restaurant it was the best.

I would like to thank them for the support and great experience that I had with them.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We are currently 3 days into a week-long stay at the Hilton and so far I would sum up our experience as “just ok”. The rooms are nice, and the beds very comfy, and the beach is nice and clean. But that is overshadowed by the fact that the pool is too cold to swim in, which my 9yo is very disappointed about - usually we spend all our time in the pool when away, and had we known the pool would be so cold, we would have invested in some wetsuits before coming to keep us warm in the water. (There’s a warmer infinity pool, but apparently this is adults only). My biggest gripe, however, is with the restaurants. We have tried the buffet restaurant twice so far, and neither night had anything child-friendly on offer. I therefore asked the staff if they could perhaps cook my daughter some plain spaghetti, which thankfully they did. But after two nights of plain spaghetti, and no veg, (and chicken nuggets and chips for lunch, which my daughter would never eat at home!), my daughter is already thoroughly bored with mealtimes. Last night the desserts were all either Indian desserts or fancy cakes, neither of which my daughter liked, so she didn’t even have any dessert to sweeten her spaghetti experience!
I mentioned to the chef last night that it’s a shame that they don’t have some “child-friendly” (aka plain!) food in the buffet and he just shrugged. I mentioned it to a couple of waiters too, and they just shrugged too. Having had enough, I asked the girl at the front of the restaurant if there are any nights in the buffet that are more child-friendly, and she said they have a child menu that we can order from! She showed it to me, and the menu looks great - marguerita pizza, fish fingers, burgers, chips, plus lots of familiar child-friendly desserts, such as chocolate cake and ice cream etc. It never occurred to me to ask for a child’s menu at the buffet, but clearly, if you don’t ask, they will never tell you about it, even after you complain that there is nothing in the buffet that your child will eat (to be clear, we would have been happy with some plain grilled chicken or ham, some broccoli and carrot (not grated!), and/or other “deconstructed” offerings). We have yet to try the children’s menu, so can’t comment on quality, but it’s surely got to beat another night of plain spaghetti!
So to sum up, if I was here on my own, my experience would be much more positive. But for a child, it’s mediocre at best, and my daughter has already said she doesn’t think we should come back to this hotel, and should instead stick with our usual Asian destinations, which have pools we can swim in, a decent choice of beach restaurants that offer a mix of healthy Western-style meals for fussy kids, and local fare for parents, and which are generally just more accommodating of children!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank tokyowriter
HiltonMauritius, Manager at Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear tokyowriter,

Greetings from the Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor which allowed us to Make It Right as you were still in house. On behalf of my team, I would like to reiterate my most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you have encountered until your meeting with our Executive Chef and Entertainment Manager.

Based on your constructive comments, we have follow-up on the points you have outlined, our team Make It Right and i am glad to learn that you checked out from the hotel very happy last Monday.

Should your travels bring you back to our part of the world, it would be my privilege to welcome you back again.

Yours sincerely,

Jacques brune

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, almost a full 7 days, and it was wonderful. We are Hilton Diamond's and found it a great use of points.

Grounds: Lovely, with beautiful flowers and fish ponds.

Room: We booked a standard room and were upgraded to an ocean view. Room was nice, but would have been disappointed with the view if I had paid extra for it. I think you need an oceanfront suite to really get a view of the water.

Pool: Two large pools- one for families, and one for adults. The adult one was heated which was wonderful as August is winter and the main pool was chilly. There were always beach and pool chairs available, even though the resort was 97% full apparently.

Beach: Not the greatest beach. Depending on the day, the water was cloudy to passable. The beach is built on top of a reef, so recommend beach shoes, so it is not super deep. It worked for our needs, but wouldn't stay here if the perfect beach is a requirement.

Food: We got breakfast included every morning due to status. Breakfast was incredible- good food, tons of variety from all around the world. We mostly skipped lunch because we were so full from breakfast. We also ate dinner a few nights on property. The food was moderately overpriced as was to be expected, but passable. The Thai place was best. Drinks at the bar were ok, not great. They were better if you stuck to some easy ones the bartenders were use to making. There was a 5pm happy hour at the adult pool with 50% off drinks which we did several times.

Entertainment/ Activities: There was so much included at this resort- we took advantage of: pedal boats, sail boats, kayaks, snorkeling boat tour, glass bottom boat, water skiing (we were both terrible). We also did a few of the resort activities the entertainment staff put on. One night they had a Hilton Honors cocktail party with free drinks and apps. And every night there was a fire ceremony, decent local band who played, and one night they had an Indian Dance Show.

Location: The resort would be a long walk from other food options. We had a car, and it was only 5 minutes from a stripe of decent restaurants. Flic-en-Flac seemed to be an hour to an hour fifteen from everything we'd considered doing on the island.

Staff: Wonderful. I felt like everyone at the resort knew our names- I have no idea how they remember them all. When our car battery died in their parking lot (we left the headlights on overnight) I think we probably had 50% of their maintenance staff in the parking lot working to jump start our car, not once but 2x. The entire staff worked there hardest to make our trip the best possible, and it they succeeded.

Concierge: This is the one place I could see improvement. We went on the dolphin swimming tour they arranged with Dolswim. We were told (it was written down so I know I have it right) 2,300 per person and when we arrived at the site it was 2,400 per person. It's like $3USD difference so not a huge deal, but I would have liked consistent pricing. They also booked us transport, which we were not aware was optional as we would have driven ourselves if we'd been aware was an option. Other than that we drove ourselves around the island which except for a few moments was easy enough.

Overall we had a lovely time and would heartily recommend staying at this resort.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The welcome was superb. All staff really cheerful, willing to help and friendly. Staff really make this hotel.. gardeners, cleaners, managers, waiters, reception staff, entertainment staff.. every single person working at the hotel should be given huge credit and hopefully are valued and acknowledged.!

I cannot fault the facilities at the hotel, spa was superb! Probably only hotel in Mauritius where spa is opened until a bit later and where the jacuzzi n pool can be used till later. Good jacuzzi size but maybe children should not be allowed in the jacuzzi as they jump in n dive n splash water which is irritating! This is not the hotels fault.. parents should maybe be a bit considerate!

I cannot praise the waiters n kitchen staff enough for their hospitality and courtesy, for example, I loved their mud cake and they happily and very quickly made me some and delivered them to my room. I was over the moon!!!

I also phoned and requested that some napolitaines are kept aside for me on Saturday as there was no availability for Saturday night (Mauritian theme), and they did. I was welcomed with the same on Sunday when we checked in. AMAZING!!!!!!

We were a group of 8 and they allowed us to check out later than usual.. so we were able to keep one room.. they are incredibly flexible!

The spa facilities are out of this world!

Now some points to improve on:
1) The heated pool is awesome but could be a bit warmer.
2) we had the seafood dinner and pan Asian. Seafood was very nice but considering it’s Hilton, I was expecting king prawns, at least mussels marinara or octopus/fish curry.. at least a Mauritian touch to the reasonable variety. This is not a negative as such but just my expectation as we have been to trou aux biches before and the selection was huge!!!!!!!
3) pan Asian was awfully, hugely, surprisingly disappointing! I felt awful telling the waiters that there was nothing we could enjoy.. the staff at la pomme d’amour went out of their way though to accommodate and made us fried noodles, chicken tikka and naan and some Peking duck with pancakes.. they showed no irritation or frustration or signs of unhappiness.. I felt extremely sorry to ask them to make something else for us as there was nothing we would enjoy.. I honestly think the menu for this theme bust be revised and improved!!!!!!
4) service at le coquillage was very slow but I guess it’s coz they have to walk a long way to go and get stuff but this meant that our food was pretty much cold when it came, we could not eat together as such as everyone received theirs at different times.. not the fault of the staff but I guess it’s a geographical issue...
5) The rooms could be made again and made to feel like a proper 5 star room.. this one felt a bit basic.. the bed n pillows are amazing but the aesthetics could be looked at.. outrigger n intercontinental as well as Sofitel so are good examples to look at for nice rooms!
6) only got two bottles of water in the room on the first day and no refills throughout the stay which is a bit disappointing!

We really enjoyed our stay at Hilton but the pan Asian dishes were a put off and had that been tried and tested and improved, i would not have had to increase the kitchen staff work load.. hate doing that!!!! I was so apologetic but helpless!

Overall, Good experience and had a very nice time with family and in the company of friendly and helpful staff! They work effortlessly!

Trip type: Travelled with family