“very good (MUST GO AGAIN)”

Jumbo Tours (Okinawa Hip-Hop Bus)
Ranked #9 of 66 Tours in Naha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Okinawa Hip-Hop Bus offers a variety of one-day bus tours visiting Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium (with admission tickets and 3 hours stay!) and other famous sightseeing sites on Okinawa main island like Cape Manza, Kouri Island at guaranteed low prices. The bus has audio guidance in 8 languages and free WiFi.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

So there's five courses available (A, B1, B2, C and D) and I chose Course A and D. It's an all day event. They pick you up at the hotel you chose beforehand but drop you off at the hotel you choose that day. It normally picks you up around 7-8 am and drop you off at around 5-6 pm .The buses were very clean and comfortable. Overall I think course A was way better than D.

Course A: (Rating: 10/10)
good for families and with friends. (Churaumi Aquarium, shopping and some sight seeing was great) The tour guide was really friendly and helpful. She could speak English really well, and I could understand every bit of it. (i'm from Hong Kong) The audio guide provided at the tour bus was good too. It gave me a lot of information about the course and it's not really long (so you won't sleep!) The audio guide has more than five languages for this course (Japanese, English, Manderin, Cantonese, Korean and more) and it's really nice. I would definitely recommend this. Was a good experience.

Course D: (rating: 8/10)
Is not as good as course A (i'm guessing it's because it's a new route) The tour guide can't speak English nor understand it. So I mainly relied on the audio guide. For this one, the audio guide has only 4 languages (Japanese, English, Manderin, Korean). This course focuses on the history of Okinawa and shopping. Hope they would improve this course.

Reminders:
Remember to book in advance. They require you to book it before 6pm the previous day. Also, do check out the card provided at the seat for more rules and reminders for the tour.

This Hip Hop Bus was great, with an extremely reasonable price. Would try out other courses. :)))))

P.S. the earphones they give you are a souvenir, you get to take it home!)

All reviews
"yen"
"okinawa"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Good experience to go with Jumbo tours. I went to Churaumi aquarium, Busena obsevatory and American village. It's very beautiful sightseeing. Their bus is clean and comfortable. Tour guidance is nice. I like this programme tour.

Hip Hop Bus O, Hip Hop Bus Staff at Jumbo Tours (Okinawa Hip-Hop Bus), responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

DEAR peetij2017

Thank you for using Hip Hop Bus.
We are glad that you are saying that!
We will continue our efforts to better our tour and services.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Jumbo Tours
Hip Hop Bus Team

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Since I didn't rent a car for my stay on Okinawa a bus tour seemed like a good way to get to the Churaumi aquarium and some other places.

The trip is well organized: booking online, pickup and drop-off are very smooth. The bus was nice, clean, and comfortable. The attendant spoke good English and was friendly.

Now for some downsides:

* There's zero non-essential interaction with the attendant. You get provided with an audioguide and supposed to listen to that by yourself. Mine didn't work particularly well at the back of the bus, so I got bored of it and didn't use it for more than 20 minutes or so.

* The time at the various sites feels a bit rushed. Churaumi aquarium is probably the main reason people go on this tour, so 3h including lunch seems a bit too short. The Ocean Expo Park is pretty big, but alas I didn't really have time to explore much of it due to time constraints.

* Place selection: I was very underwhelmed by the Pineapple Park and personally also could have done without the 30 minute shopping stop towards the end of the tour. I'd rather have had an extra hour at the aquarium, but I guess you can't please everyone.

Not a bad way to see some of Okinawa's sites if you don't have your own transport, but personally I found it a bit disappointing.

2  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 5 April 2017

This Hip-Hop Bus tours are excellent value for money. I went on the Course A bus tour. Fortunately my guide Dominic spoke very good English so there was good communication. The audio guide was quite useful as well.

Seeing that it was very convenient for me to board the Hip-hop bus at my hotel, I tried to book Course C but was unable even though I booked about 1-2 weeks in advance.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 January 2017

The booking procedure was easy. The bus was nice, comfortable and well-maintained. And the places we visited were all beautiful.

However, there was always lack of interaction. Almost all descriptions of places and guidance were done by the audio machine. The bus was quiet as everyone was busy with their ear pieces.

Though I had known it when booking,....... sorry.... I never expected that it was like that.

Tradition tour guides would make some kind of jokes or little games, right? I really didn't expect a tour which resembled taking a listening exam.

The whole journey was quite boring, in frank! It was like hiring a car and a driver and visiting the places by yourselves. But with a much cheaper price and a much crowded coach.

3  Thank Web W