All reviews private onsen location is great beppu train station japanese style breakfast the bus sea toilet spacy
Reviewed 1 June 2017

We got a traditional Japanese style room, which was spacey enough. I liked to sleep on futon bed, my wife didn't. It's a little hard, but I think ok. Japanese style breakfast was also ok, as well as private onsen. Only minus in hotel is that almost all the interior needs updating, not in style, but in condition. While we were visiting it they had already started to renovate lady's onsen, so I guess other interiors will be better too...
Location is great, near to everything in Beppu

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

10 minutes walk from beppu train station. our traditional room was very nice and clean. Just a little bit noisy. Sea is 5min by walk but the most beautiful part is quite far, better to take the bus. The hotel is quite far from jingoku meguri but there is some bus too. The onsen were so great! There is some private one, so perfect for people who have tatoos.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Inside the narrow street but near Takegawara Spa, easy to find. They provide free towel to let us to go to Takegawara Spa. Shopping and eating place are near. Big Japanese style room for our family with toilet inside. Free drink near staircase. Reading area at 3/F. JPY 150 is the tax for every adult. Private Spa reservation required when check-in.

Room Tip: Required higher floor with toilet
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We spent 3 night in this ryokan, we enjoyed it very much the japanese style room was very spacious and clean. onze a day you can reserve a private onsen for free and you can use the public onsen as much as you like. The onsen need a good scrub some time but overall good value for money. Location is nice also. Don't expect the staff to speak english though.

Room Tip: Japanese style is much bigger
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We thought that it would be nice to try once a ryokan but I do not ever want to use this ryokan again. First we thought we have own bathroom, we did not. The room we got was so small that there were nothing but the bed and floor 2m x 2m. Toilets were far away from the room, there was only one for 8 rooms and it was dirty and cold. Dwellers came during the night from the city, last ones 3 am. We could not sleep because they talked loudly outside our door for an hour. The breakfast was not the one we were promised. If ryokans are always like this, they are not for me because I want to have a good night sleep to be able to enjoy my vacations. I was disappointed.

Room Tip: No room in this ryokan is good
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple