“Bad customer service”
Review of Harushika Brewery

Harushika Brewery
Ranked #13 of 215 things to do in Nara
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I got there at 4.32pm and they refused to do a tasting because I was 1 person only. Extremely bad seeing their website says they are open until 5pm. I ended up not buying any.

1  Thank Sim S
in 24 reviews
"explanation"
"activity"

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Great place to try out some different sakes. Tastings are very reasonably priced at 500 yen and include 5 tastings plus some seasonal tastings. I had never tried sparkling sake before, it was refreshing and lighter on alcohol.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This brewery seems popular with locals and tourists alike. For 500 yen we got to taste 6 different sakes, keep the glass as a souvenir and eat our full of snacks with the 6th sake. I will make a happy effort to stop by whenever I am in Nara.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Quite a distance from the main area in Nara but worth visiting if you have the time. Not really a big place but their sake quality is worth the effort to make a trip down. I prefer their sake as compared to many commercial sake breweries in the market. My favorite sake is the extra dry version.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

5 types of sake and a souvenir glass for 500 Yen is a steal in my book. The service is great and catered to English speakers, the sake was enjoyable, and keeping the glass for free is quite generous considering how much shot glasses go for at street vendors. There is also no pressure to purchase any of the sake items for sale in the store which I appreciated. Definitely swing by here if you are in Nara for a short but worthwhile experience.