All reviews fresh noodles ramen top floor great location outdoor onsen train station bath house public bath laundry facilities fantastic onsen hot springs free evening cold night fantastic breakfast bed was comfortable nice hotel few minutes walk
Reviewed 20 October 2018

The special point of this hotel is open-air public bath on the top floor.
If you like the open-air bath, please consider this hotel.

I spent 3 nights in this hotel.

The room is a typical Japanese business hotel.
That is, the room is not wide, and equipments are sufficient for single stay.

The location is also good. It’s about 5 minute-walk from the JR Himeji St.

Himeji castle, one of the world heritages, is also within walk distance.

If you consider a single stay, this hotel is one of the recommended hotels, I think.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2018

This is a Dormy Inn, so you know what to expect. It is centrally located, very clean, with an onsen that has an outdoor bath. I really have no complaints and was an ideal place for an overnight stop in Himeji.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is right near the train station, which is conenient. The room we were assigned had a depressing feel to it. We were given a room right next to the smoking room and we could smell the smoke which I hated but was too tired to argue over. Their mineral bath area was nice but the water was extremely chloronated.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The good points are that it's close to the station and our back rooms were quiet. Just walk. But these were the smallest rooms we've seen in Japan. They were really inconvenient for opening luggage. The English at reception was also quite poor. They couldn't direct us to the Gassai Restaurant which was next door! Also, the cups in the bathroom weren't clean, be careful of that. The bathroom was miniscule. The AC in the single room was just too big and forceful. We needed it on but not at that force.
We checked out the breakfast but chose to eat at MacDonalds instead.
OK for 1 night but extremely basic and will try another place next time.

Room tip: Be prepared for a small room.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This was my first trip to Japan, and although the room was smaller. The staff were so helpful and welcoming. When I emailed with questions, they responded quickly and during my stay even when I asked where to change my money they gave me a map and drew step by step instructions on how to get there. They even helped me exchange my change into bills as I am not used to having so much change in Canada. The outdoor onsen was was amazing experience, and good quality. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to Himeji.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple