See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2018

What a shock, the hallway where we had a room had badly stained carpet. gouges out of the walls and part of the ceiling missing which they had covered with plastic. Rooms and furnishings were old. Breakfast was OK.
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. A couple of eating places near by. Also a McDonalds.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel is old but for this price I have no complain. I visited Himeji in Dec and it was ultra windy so even just 10 mins walk from the JR station is very long. I chose to stay in this hotel because it was the only hotel with twin bed room for my price range. I will make another choice if I were travel alone. I didn't try the onsen though so I couldn't comment about it.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Not far to walk from the station and staff were okay but English was not strong so had a bit of trouble checking in. They looked after our bags as we were too early for check in. The room was very average and in need of a paint, looked nothing like any photos on their website. The pillows supplied well if you wanted one more than 2" high I suggest bring your own. The bathroom had a very bad odour but plenty of hot water. The rooms were not well sound proofed and you could hear the traffic most of the night and our room was on the side of a parking lot so quite noisy. Curtains were very flimsy and had no block out backing on them so room was also quite light in the night. The buffet breakfast was good and had plenty of choices for guests. Perhaps a sign in English on arrival advising guests what is expected as a very grumpy lady not happy with us when we seated ourselves! The hotel had some good points but wouldn't highly reccomend it unless you get a good deal.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I wasn't expecting anything special from this hotel but like everything in Japan at least the rooms are clean but ours had a terrible smoke smell. But the room was quite large for the three of us with free wifi in the room. The hotel is about a 15 min walk from train station. Probably too far to walk from hotel to castle, at best 30 mins.

Date of stay: April 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel offers a great buffet breakfast with lots of choice to do either Japanese style or a mixture. But the rooms are small, even the twin rooms, and the bathroom is hopelessly small. If seated, knees are up against the wall! It is more suited to small Japanese frames. Why they have listed themselves on western web sites, I cannot understand.
The hotel is south of the station which makes for a long walk to the castle and the garden. And no one at the front desk could speak any English. With gestures we got some info but it was hard work. Again, if they want business from westerners, someone has to learn English.here is a Macdonalds Rey close by, if that' your desire.

Room tip: The hotel needs a big renovation and better towels! Rooms facing south or west have a iew and windows do open
Date of stay: April 2012