All reviews hotel is located minute walk tokyo station vending machine tokyo disney resort shuttle bus shuttle service mini fridge food court other hotels enjoyed our stay air con front desk staff buffet breakfast tokyo bay narita airport supermarket
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I can't add too much, other than to confirm what others have already said: friendly staff who speak decent enough English; small, comfortable rooms with even smaller bathrooms, though ultimately adequate; breakfast definitely caters to the Asian palate, lacking Western options, but is still good; and the hotel is in close proximity to the Shin-Urayasu Station (use the South exit to get you going in the right direction).

However, what I can provide is the following warning and advice: despite booking for 2 adults and 1 child "with breakfast," (see screenshot) be aware that you'll be charged 1,100 Yen/day for your child to eat breakfast (see receipt as evidence). Additionally, a map of the surrounding area and of the shuttle schedule in English has been provided. Please note that although not stated, the return shuttle at night will not be direct to the hotel; it will make two stops at other hotels before making it back to this one, making the return trip at night about 25 minutes, traffic not withstanding.

Would I stay again: probably so, assuming no other similarly priced accommodations more closely located to Disney were available.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Elliot D
MYSTAYS_shinurayasu, staff at Hotel MyStays Shinurayasu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Elliot D

Thank you for staying with Mystays Shinurayasu on your trip this time.
And thank you for the review of our hotel!
All staff members at our hotel will be working hard to improve the level of our service and try to meet the expectation of our guests.
When you travel to the Tokyo area in the future, we sincerely hope that you will consider our hotel for your stay.

Best Regards,
Mystays Shinurayasu
reception Hiroki Abe

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

2 night stay for Tokyo Disney visit. Small room but clean. Not many hotel facilities but English speaking Front Desk and efficient response Hotel Reservations. Suitable for visitors looking for a shower and a sleep only. Twin beds are 120cm each. Can put together to use as a King. The closest JR station is Shin-Urayasu Station. About 10-15 min walk. Not the best location if you have a lot of luggages or in the rain (Taxi can help for such short distance). The hotel has free shuttle bus to and from Disney. We used the bus to Maihama Station (Disneyland Station) on departure day but JR pass to Disney. Coming back from Disney by JR, we chose to eat at the shopping mall adjacent to Shin-Urayasu Station. It has a big supermarket Aeon and a food court with affordable varieties. We bought our breakfast and topped up dessert supply at the supermarket. Rooms at This hotel feature iPhone, Android phone charges if you forget one. There is a Japanese Onsen place (大江户温泉物语)about 20min walk from the hotel if anyone thinking to have something to do at night. The Onsen also has shuttle bus to and from Shin-Urayasu Station.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilywzKids
MYSTAYS_shinurayasu, Front Desk Clerk at Hotel MyStays Shinurayasu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us.
I'm sorry to hear that you felt inconvenience the way from JR station to our hotel.
There are shopping mall near the JR station.You can enjoy the shopping and easily go to Tokyo Disney Resort for easy.
There are Japanese hot springs for 5 minutes by car. We recommend that place,because you can spend relaxing time.
In the end ,thank you for sharing your review with us.
We are looking forward to see you again.
Thank you.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Great Value
Free Shuttle to Disney
Delightful Staff
Wi-Fi
USA Style Electrical Outlets

This is a perfect and inexpensive hotel for a Disney vacation. My wife and I were traveling with her sisters family which included 2 children. I was seeking a good alternative to staying on the Disney property as I would have to rent 2 rooms and that would get very expensive very fast! This hotel is few miles east of the Disneyland entrance but has a free shuttle in the morning and return service in the evening. This really solved the logistics of getting to and from for us which we were concerned about by staying off Disney property.

Travel from Narita Airport is by the Narita Airport Limousine Bus. This bus does not stop at Mystays but rather the Oriental Hotel Tokyo Bay which is located at the Shin-Urayasu Train Station. We decided to walk from there to Mystays with our luggage and kids. It was only about a 15 minute walk. In retrospect, it would have been easier to just take a cab. We would have needed 2 cabs which are about 1000JPY ($9USD) each for the trip. Nonetheless, it was a pleasant walk on a nice day.

At check in, we were greeted by some of the friendliest employees I've ever encountered at a hotel...more on this later. We were offered the option to prepay for a western and Japanese style breakfast at a discount. We took them up on the offer and it was about $10USD per adult per day that we wanted to eat. Also, their English was excellent which really made communicating easy for us. Every time we walked by the front desk or through the lobby, we were greeted with a very sincere smile and a "hello". You really can tell when staff at hotels are "faking it" and these folks really cared about their guests.

I booked 2 rooms, 1 was a Superior Twin and the other was a Superior Queen. As with most hotels in Japan and particularly Tokyo, the rooms were on the small side. The twin room was the larger of the two but we were there to take the kids to Disney so we were really only sleeping in the rooms after a couple of exhausting days at the parks! The rooms had a mini fridge and a small wall-mounted television. The hotel is located adjacent to Meikai University so the only view is of their athletic fields. A microwave and vending machines (which also vends beer!) is located in a room next to the elevators on each floor. The hotel while not the newest building, was very clean.

Breakfast was good. More Japanese items than western items which was fine and they had small hotdogs for the kids. This certainly helped save money by not eating breakfast at the parks.

We chose to walk to the Shin-Urayasu Station to get dinner. This time the walk was much easier without luggage! There is a large Aeon department store which also has a supermarket and a food court. This is where I had what I would describe as the best Udon (Japanese noodle bowl) of my life! There is also a McDonalds which has a bit different menu than those in America. The area was bustling with people and very safe.

On the second night, my wife wasn't feeling well and I went to find some cold medicine for her...easier said than done! Nyquil is illegal in Japan as well as many other things that we would normally get over the counter. I went to the lobby to seek suggestions. As I just mentioned, finding cold medicine can be a bit of a chore. The front desk staff started calling pharmacies and local stores for me. I was really surprised as all I really wanted was for them to point me in the right direction to walk from the hotel. They didn't want me to be inconvenienced by walking to the wrong store. The area around the hotel is vary safe they explained, they just didn't want me to waste my time. It was literally a level of customer service that is not common even at the bigger chains.

We enjoyed the rest of our stay and when it was time to leave 4 days later, we did take 2 cabs back to the Oriental Hotel to catch the bus to Narita.

If you're hesitant to book a hotel that's not right next to everything, don't be. I was at first too but the cost savings far outweighed the few extra minutes it took to get to Disney. I mean it. It was really worth it! The staff was incredible and made things so much easier for us. My family genuinely appreciated their warmth and hospitality. If I every return to Disney, I absolutely would look at this hotel first. Everything in Japan is expensive but the hotel was very reasonably priced. It's hard to do Tokyo Disney on a budget but this hotel really helps!

TIP: If you buy a round trip Limousine ticket from Narita, go inside the Oriental Hotel upon arrival and make a reservation for the bus you want to take back. Even though you have a ticket, you need to reserve a return seat.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Chris P
MYSTAYS_shinurayasu, Front Desk clerk at Hotel MyStays Shinurayasu, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us, and sharing review with us.
The Management and Staff would like to thank you for the wonderful comments.
How was your stay in Japan? We will very glad if you had plenty of time with us.
Our hotel has a shuttle bus to Tokyo Disney Resort. This shuttle bus got a good reputation. If you are going to go to Tokyo Disney Resort again, please consider this shuttle bus and our hotel.
For breakfast, you can choose your favorite dishes, so many overseas customers have the breakfast. You can add the breakfast plan anytime.
Thank you very much for your compliments regarding the service of front desk clerk.We are very glad to hear this. We would like to strive to make your stay more comfortable.
Then how about your wife's physical condition? We would be pleased if we could help your happening.
Thank you very much for your kind words that you would like to stay at our hotel when you trip Japan again. We recommend you a spring trip. You can see the very beautiful Japanese cherry blossoms around our hotel in the spring.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.We are always waiting for you.
At the end, thank you for your feedback during your busy schedule.

Mystays Shinurayasu Front Desk Clerk Hoshino.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This small hotel is located near the Meikai University. A 10-minute walk from Shin-Urayasu station. The room is perfect for solo travellers. Clean. Although The front desk staff spoke a little English, check-in was quick. They gave me some brochures/information in English. The hotel offered free shuttle service to Maihama Station near Tokyo Disney in the morning. Evenig shuttle service to the hotel from Maihama station. There were 3 washing machines and 3 dryers on the 7th floor. Vending machines in every floor near the elevator. There was a small parking area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
MYSTAYS_shinurayasu, Front Desk Clerk Yamanaka. at Hotel MyStays Shinurayasu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing MYSTAYS shinurayasu.
We appreciate you taking the time to write to us.
Thank you for your comment regarding our hotel.
Your feedback will be instrumental for us to improve our service.
We hope you will consider MYSTAYS shinurayasu for your next trip near us.
Sincerely, Front Desk Clerk Yamanaka.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

First. They have schedule shuttle bus to disney
Second. They're so affordable, although without breakfast (breakfast arround 1100-1600 ¥/person)

The room not to small, but the bed is so small. 1meter width for 2person.

No free mineral water in the room, but theres vending machine n free ice cube in one area in each floor.

Breakfast is quite good. Many selection for that sum of money..

There nothing arround the hotel.
So just enjoy the disney from morning to evening. And just rest..

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DAVE H
MYSTAYS_shinurayasu, Mystays Shinurayasu Front Desk Clerk Hoshino at Hotel MyStays Shinurayasu, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for choosing our Hotel.
We are very glad if your staying with us was satisfied.
You can buy drinks, alcoholic drink, and noodles by bending machine in each floor. The nearest convenience store and restaurant is 8 minutes far from our hotel by your foot. I'm sorry to inconvenience to your staying.
If you consider to our Hotel when you travel for Japan again, we will be glad.
Thank you.