“Fantastic Onsen with great views”
Review of Yamato no Yu

Yamato no Yu
Ranked #1 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Narita
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I chose this place because I have tattoos and it's not always easy to find onsens that allow them. Some onsens have signs that say "no tattoos" and will look the other way if you have them, but Yamato no Yu states explicitly that they are welcoming of people with tattoos on their website in both English and Japanese. This is so rare in Japan and gets my respect for doing so. As an onsen, it is top-notch. Clean, relaxing, and three floors of baths both indoors and out for your dipping pleasure. I particularly enjoyed the cold bath that they had. Outside of the baths their is free wi-fi and lots of lounging chairs with great views. I also enjoyed some sushi at the restaurant upstairs. I don't normally write reviews for places, but I was impressed enough with this place to give them a write-up.

Date of experience: May 2016
"directions"
"english"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

成田空港から、成田市内に向かい、イオンモールを過ぎて、しばらく田んぼの続く田舎道をナビ頼りに運転すると、田んぼの外れに建物が現れます。成田山からも遠くない様です。
中はきれいで清潔に管理されていて、予想以上に快適です。
ちゃんとした食事も出来るので、車で成田に来る人にはお勧めします。

When I drove to pick up my son at Narita airport, I looked for the day use hot spring near the airport since I thought my son would like to take some rest before driving home. And this is I found through Google. English page is available in the web site of this SPA.

It is far from anywhere on foot but not too far by car. You will see broad wide view of rice fields around the SPA. Inside of the building is clean and modern. 1000 yen for adults. No kid under school age is admitted. Which is good for me. No loud noise and kids running around.
There is indoor pool and gym available also with additional fees.

There are three stories of bathing area for each men and ladies. Sauna and jacuzzi on the third floor. Roten, open air baths on the second. And the another Roten open air bath with three small bath tubs for individual use.

This place also has a cafe and sushi restaurant. I did not try but looks ok.

Without ride, it is not easy to get there. But if you are driving to Naritayama temple for pray or to airport, it is nice relaxing place to stop by and spend some relaxing time.

There is also free wifi is available at the facility.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank stsukawaki
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Beautiful location, friendly staff, excellent therapists! You can just enjoy the four different hot springs pools-one with salt, two with "tea", a large sauna and a cold pool or book a treatment. I had a shiatsu and the therapist was excellent. Worth the cab ride and price of the spa-less than $10. The Taxi drive from the Narita Rest house was about $28 and split 3 ways with my friends made it very affordable. But I enjoyed this spa so much, I would spend the taxi fare myself next time if I had to!

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank Ammakauai
Reviewed 24 October 2015

It was tough for me to get here. take the narita shuttle bus, head to the train station, drop at the nearest train station and its a real far walk with some upslope at the end. Worth it? yes, but next time, i will try to take a cab from the station.

this is a super sent.modern, clean in the midst or rice padi fields with only the train going past every half hour. they have indoor pools and outdoors which i think the rotenburo is its star. Its situated next to the padi fields and in the distance, the tracks so you still get fresh country air. whenever the train passes by, some users would stand and watch. the sento has different floors, the top floor in the bath area is the sauna. I was surprised to see users with tattoos there only to later realise that this is a tattoo ok hot spring. so guys and gals, what are you waiting for.

i had dinner at the sushi restaurant there and a massage too. massage was okay but it was fun speaking with the chef at the sushi counter. he speaks good english.

Its the design, ambience and environment of this sento that makes it stand out from hana no yu and narita view hotel onsen in my opinion as part of the narita onsens. I know there are others further out like in Choshi but i believe these 3 are accessible enough to the narita travelers.

I sat outside at night waiting for the taxi back to the hotel. it was 3000 over yen. as i sat there with a soft and warm body, the wind blew against the bamboo trees, rustling away. I was transported back in time to ancient japan, wishing i had hot tea, contemplating life, until the bright lights of the taxi brought it to an abrupt end. I wish it wasn't so far but it was great place in a peaceful location.

Date of experience: March 2015