“Wonderful, I will visit again”

Sushi-Go-Round Sakana Isshin, Otaru
Ranked #30 of 966 Restaurants in Otaru
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I had sushi the other day which was nice however after I visit this sakana asshin I felt I should come here earlier, sushi quality very nice at very reasonable price. I find many or most people around me was local people which means this place is good, not only for visitors, more trustful. People were very kind and there was English menu and I could order my sushi to chef without any problem. I stayed at grand park otaru so the location was excellent for me as well.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Since both well-known shushi restaurants were closed today, we went to this one for dinner. The worst sushi made ever in a country known for it! The grocery store graded sushi tasted not only stale, but also had too much rice, not tasty, either. The service was not fridendly at all. Being in the mall where a big hotel is located, it should expect visitors from all over the world; however, none of their waiting staff speak decent English.
We finished our dinner quickly and headed out for more food somewhere else. Bad eatery experience!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

4 of us enjoyed sushi at Sakana Isshin. Very reasonably priced considering all of the sushi is hand-made in contrast to many conveyer belt establishments that employ a machine to make the sushi. Located in the Aeon Shopping mall, the week night we visited was well attended by locals from families with little children to young couples and senior couples. We (4 of us) were seated at a table across from one of three sushi chefs. A thoughtful gesture from the hostess who must have recognized we were tourist. You grab plates of sushi as they pass by on a conveyer belt or order from a picture menu. We did both as we all had our favorites and a willingness to try fish we've never seen before. A very easy ordering experience considering only one of us spoke a few words in Japanese. Price per plate ranges from 180-400Yen. We ordered beer & sake and served matcha green tea. An overflowing glass of Daigingo sake was 450Yen. Lots of different kinds of fish offered. Our bill for 4 of us consisting of over 20 plates of sushi, beer, wine & 4 kinds of desserts came to a bit less than 8,000Yen. In summary a great value for the price. I would go back again.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed in Grand Otaru Hotel and stumbled into this restaurant in the shopping arcade as we saw there were some customers waiting outside . The sushi is good. The price is very reasonable. We 18 dishes . The cost was about 4500 yen .

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Reasonably priced and fresh sushi! A good place to eat.
You can eat may plates, and the price is very reasonable.
Simply love this place.