Review Highlights
Great Views of Mount Fuji

On our hike through Shosen Gorge we went up the ropeway. Gondolas leave every 20 minutes. At the... read more

Reviewed 29 March 2017
907mariahg
Edmonton, Canada
via mobile
Beautiful view around

Reviewed 11 December 2016
Virendra-Yadav_2014
Atsugi, Japan

All reviews mt fuji clouds ride ropeway gorge shrine
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

This region is very beautiful for who wants climbing activity... You can also use the dropway to the top of mountain and have sight seeing here...

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 11 December 2016

This ropeway take you to one of the beautiful scenic mountain area in japan. This rope way runs a little faster compare to other ropeway which I board in japan. It takes around 5~10 min to reach to top of mountain. But during this journey we can enjoy autumn colours around the mountain. If are going to Shosen Valley, hope into this ropeway.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 6 August 2016

I was the only person taking the ropeway on one of the last trips up the mountain. It started pouring rain just before we left, and the staff at the top was very friendly, letting me leave my backpack inside and walk around the park with a borrowed umbrella. The view was pretty, despite the clouds and mist, so I'm sure it would be spectacular on a clear day. There are also souvenirs and food available at the top, though everything was closing as I arrived since it was almost 5pm. There are some seats in the cable car for those who need them.
When we got down to the bottom, the staff was closing up. I waited out front for the rain to slow down, but one of the gentlemen saw me and gave me a ride to the bus stop! It was very kind of him.

Roundtrip cost 1,200 JPY. If you do not want to pay for the cable car, it looked like there was a hiking trail that you could take. Check the area by the top of the waterfall.

To get here, follow the signs in Kofu station for the buses. The current bus schedules are available on the official Shosenkyo-kankoukyokai website, as well as in the Bus Information kiosk, which is located on the left side of the bus stop area when you exit the train station. When I went, the bus was at Stop #3. I knew it was the right bus because the name for Shosenkyo Gorge (昇仙峡) has two obvious symbols for mountain (the trident shape). Enter the bus through the rear side door (not the front door), grab a ticket, and find a seat. When you exit the bus, exit through the front door, dropping both the ticket and your fare (900 JPY) into the machine by the driver. Your stop is Shosenkyo Taki Ue. After exiting the bus, cross the river and walk upstream. You'll see the billboard with the cable car on your left.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Isa W
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

seems a close encounter with the mountain. theres a nice view of mt.fuji during good weather.there is also a restaurant when you reach the peak of destination.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Getting to the Shosenkyo ropeway is relatively easy as there are buses running from Kofu. The bus terminals are located just outside of the Kofu train station. There is also a small office to help you with which buses to catch. These local buses have limited seats and it is packed like sardines during peak koyo (autumn fall color) season. We got off at the end of the route which is Shosenkyo Takiue. Then just a short walk to the ropeway where we again were packed like sardines. The top provided unobstructed views of Mt. Fuji. Simply grand and gorgeous. There are eateries at the top. After being in awe of the spectacular sights and pristine air, we descended back down and walked through the many arrays of shops. You will eventually come across a waterfall and then walk through the Shosenkyo Gorge which is again another grand sight. Walking downhill made the hour trek quite comfortable. The trees were all ablaze in reds, oranges, yellows and it was quite a breathtaking sight.

Date of experience: November 2012