All reviews course dinner private onsen shuttle pillows english train ryokan tokyo spring
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We took our family visiting from England to Seizan Yamato for a traditional experience and we got exactly what we wanted and more.

The Ryokan and it's surroundings are very beautiful and well kept, the food was delicious and the view from the Onsen on the room terrace was fantastic.

Fujiko-san and her staff were extremely accommodating, going out of their way to put an extra futon in one room, speak to our family in English and even replacing the Sashimi with grillied fish for one of our party who didn't like raw fish.

I would recommend this Ryokan to anyone, particularly someone who is visiting and doesn't speak Japanese or isn't familiar the Ryokan experience. They are fully equipped to make you feel comfortable but without losing any of the things that make it a Ryokan experience. This is NOT set up for foreigners, they've just gone that extra step to accommodate foreign guests rather than fearing them. 5 stars

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
yamatokan, お客様担当マネージャー at Seizan Yamato, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Joeo -San,
Woooooow!!
Kotomi and I are very happy to see your word of mouth and how much we appreciate
to you.
I must say we are very sorry that we did not know you don't like to eat fresh fish ( Sashimi) .
If the travel agent let us know before check in ,we can sbustitued Sashimi for Meat or what you like . Your family were good impression for us !!
As I told you that here Ito city going to Anjin Festival Ceremony August 10.This is the biggest
commemoration for William Adams who built the first Western style sailing ship in JAPAN.
We are very proud of William Adams!! We Thank you again and again for your visited us.
Hope to see you again. ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU.
All the best wishes, Kotomi & Fujiko

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My family just returned from a two week tour from Japan and stayed a night at Ito, at the beautiful and tranquil Seizan Yamato.

It was indeed an unforgettable stay at this luxurious ryokan. Time seemed to stand still at this place and we were thoroughly rejuvenated and recharged!

Prior to our trip, I emailed Fujiko San who is the hotel manager several times regarding sites to visit at Ito. Fujiko San was very helpful and did not fail to answer any queries and even went beyond her duty to make reservation for our family at a strawberry farm and the Yamaha factory. We were very thrilled to be able to visit these two amazing places. Even till now, our children often mentioned about wanting to return to Seizan!

When we arrived at Ito Station, the shuttle bus driver was already standing with a clear signboard. It was really easy in terms of access.

Upon arrival, we were checked in immediately and taken to a gorgeous and super spacious suite, Japanese style room. We were surprised when Fujiko San came to our room to say hello personally! Speak volume about their impeccable service!

The public baths were amazing and literally took the stress away after a nice long soak. There was a family bath which Fujiko San had reserved for us too. Dinner was a sumptuous spread! The kaiseki ryori was a feast for the eyes and senses! See the pictures. Yumi San who served us was very attentive to our needs and took the time to serve the food. I had two boys who ate very
slowly. Yumi San even took the trouble to find out the English names of the food by calling one of the English speaking staff to check.

Needless to say, after all the scrumptious food like the abalone, sashimi , beef etc, we were stuffed! That night, we had the most restful sleep. All these without lifting a finger or stepping out of our room.

I would definitely return to Seizan and this time stay a few nights at least!

Thank you Fujiko San and Yumi San for the most memorable stay !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JosephineKokNg
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night in
Seizanyamato, wish it was for longer! It was such a lazy and relaxing stay, set in a beautiful room amidst the green hills with ocean view!
At Ito station there was a shuttle bus to take you to the hotel and drive you back. Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the hotel manager, who was so friendly, and women get to choose the pattern of their yukata!
The hotel was really pretty and comfortable, we really enjoyed eating and sleeping on the Tatami mats. We had the kaiseki buffet, which was just so amazingly prepared, and will leave you stuffed like a pig!
We stayed in a room with a private bath which was nice because coupled can bathe together, though next time we probably wont, because the public baths were really beautiful. They had 4 large baths, and also a common area with massage chairs and refreshments.
Pretty much for our whole stay, we didn't want or feel the need to leave the hotel at all!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank TashBeestie
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We used a guide (www.mytokyoguide.com) to set up our lodging because we wanted a unique experience. We were originally going to go to just Kyoto and Tokyo, but they selected this lovely hotel and it was definitely the highlight of our entire trip. We traveled by train to the local train station where a van from the hotel met us.
I loved how you got to choose a kimono style garment as soon as you arrived. They had to find some large enough for the men because my husband and son are both over 6 feet tall. The room was spacious and our hostess charming. We ate meals in our room and enjoyed sleeping on floor mats, which turned out to be the best night of sleep we had! The food was entirely Japanese for dinner and the sushi was fantastic and fresh. The morning breakfast was a mix of breads and Japanese dishes. These people really pay attention to details. My son had a birthday so they made him a card- very thoughtful! There was a note with 3 tiny origami birds on our table when we arrived. If you have room after dinner, go to the lobby for ice cream. It's included in the stay.

We were all a bit intimidated by the whole hot bath/onsen experience, but I strongly urge you to try it. They even offered a private family bath, if we felt uncomfortable with being naked around others. The hot bath outdoors under the stars was amazing and helped me to sleep great. There are also some massage chairs and foot massagers near the baths which you should definitely enjoy. You can see the city lights at night and the sea during the day. We will never forget this special stay and how hospitable everyone was.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara A
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stay there with my wife last week.It was very nice ryokan and very warm welcome .Thanks alot to Horie san hotel manager who taking good care also all of staff.Very good food and nice onsen. I will be back again if I visit Japan.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank sak997
yamatokan, Manager at Seizan Yamato, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Sir,

KONNICHIWA! I am Fujiko Horie,

Thank you sooooo much for your review at our Seizan Yamato.

I am sorry that I did not find your reviw long time therefore , I apologize for late
thanks letter.
We thank you very much again for you and we hope your healthy.
Hope to see you again!! Please take care .
Sayonara until next time.