“Memory savor”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Berger Bros. Camera
Reviewed 15 March 2016

They did an awesome job restoring a very old photo. I was very happy with the results it was an old Polaroid photo cracked and faded. The work was perfect you'd never know it was a restore. Thank you

Reviewed 19 February 2016

I was given a gift of a camera that was purchased at Berger Brothers in Amityville. I signed up for the class that comes with the purchase of the camera. I take the day and go to the Syosset store and take the class only to find out when I get there that the class was not for my camera. As I am leaving a nice what I thought was a customer says " I think you are in the wrong class" I responded "you think" . I said someone signed me up for the wrong class. The sweet "customer" says to me. Hi, I am Brad Berger the owner. Well, I wanted to put my foot in my mouth. Nevertheless, this man could not have been nicer, sweeter and more sincere. He offered to sign me up for the next class and fix the situation. Of course it was not an issue and I am just posting this story because I had a bad experience however I was lucky to meet not only a lovely man but the owner of Berger Brothers Brad. He gave me his card with all his numbers and well he could not have been nicer. I would so suggest when looking into purchasing a camera you visit Berger Brothers. The service is amazing.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

I brought my Nikon 5300 into Berger Bros with the intent to sell it for credit toward an upgrade purchase. I was greeted by a sales person who was nice enough. He asked if I wasn't happy with the camera, and I explained that the menu system frustrated me and that I was looking to upgrade to a 7100 or 7200 model because it had more dials to control the camera with and less need to get into the menu of the camera for key settings. He told his Manager of my interest in selling and the Manager disappeared to research.

The Manager never said a word to me when he came back to inspect the camera's condition. I don't expect him to talk while he's inspecting the camera, but at some point I would expect him to attempt to ask me why I'm selling the camera, if I'm looking to upgrade and if so, what features I'm interested in. The initial salesperson who greeted me was with another customer by then and one would think the store Manager would ask these questions.

Finally, the Manager offered me a price that I didn't accept, and I'm ok with that. For what he offered me, I told him I'd sooner give the camera to a friend or relative. I need to be clear here in this review that I have no issue with the price I was offered. I made no attempt to haggle, counter offer or complain in any way. Stores can offer whatever they wish, and customers can accept or decline.

What I have a major issue with is that the Manager made no attempt to sell me the camera I wanted to upgrade to. He made no attempt to talk to me, or, as stated above, even find out what I was interested in...And the astonishing thing is, I would have actually bought the upgrade I wanted if the Manager showed any interest in selling me the $1,000 camera I wanted to buy. But he didn't.

The owner of this shop must be a millionaire, because I was the easiest $1,000 sale they could ever get but apparently Berger Bros. neither needs nor wants my money. I already knew exactly what I wanted. I had no questions about the camera at all. All the Manager had to do to make a sale was ask me what I was interested in, give me the price of both the 7100 and 7200, get the camera I wanted off the shelf and ring me up.

Instead, what I got was a store Manager who actually walked away from me the second I turned down his offer for the trade in, after telling me I could sell it for more on eBay. He came back momentarily when he saw a third salesperson say something to me, and told me that the offer for my current camera was what it was because a newer model recently came out and drove the value of my camera down. That's the business, he said. OK, but what about the camera I wanted to buy anyway?

The Manager then walked away and left my camera on the counter, and didn't even have the courtesy to put my camera back in the box I brought it in. He didn't even say thank you for coming in, until I thanked him for his time first, because no matter how I'm treated by a retail establishment, I'm always going to be courteous.

Sadly, I won't return to Berger Bros for any future purchases, or should I say attempted future purposes? I always make an effort to support local businesses and drove 40 minutes to get there. I am often willing to pay a little extra to shop locally, provided I receive at least basic courtesy and interest from the retailer, but that wasn't to be found from the Manager at Berger Bros. and I shouldn't have to beg to spend $1,000 anywhere.

Reviewed 5 January 2015 via mobile

This is a serious camera store. The staff are all very knowledgable and very helpful. You do not get the feeling that the staff is looking down on you when you are asking relevant questions. Great place!