“Impressively bad”

Mr. Duc's Restaurant
Ranked #553 of 1,122 Restaurants in Da Nang
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

We came to Mr Duc's as it was just around the corner from a lovely spot we were eating a coconut and chatting with the locals at but we needed some proper food.

Choosing Mr Duc's on Lonely Planet's advice we went in and took a seat in an empty restaurant.

The menu was pretty poor, my girlfriend went for steak and fries whilst I went for prawn noodle soup.

The steak came looking like a flattened burger with around 4 fries and my soup looked as if someone had whispered 'prawns' to it but not actually provided any.

The men's bathroom had a huge dead cockroach on the floor and the women's had a bowl to use in lieu of a working flush.

To top everything off my girlfriend had food poisoning around 12 hours later. Everything we'd eaten had been the same apart from that one meal. I'm not saying that she was 100% poisoned by the evil Mr Duc But it seems highly probable.

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Regrettably Mr Duc's was over priced and blatant in under serving. We were charged 403000 vnd and walked away hungry. Although for lunch we found a local place that served copious amounts of delicious and staggeringly fresh food for 209000 vnd! Our family (of 7 including two teen age boys) were full!
Sorry Mr Duc's but we have learned our lesson.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 29 November 2015

I went there with some of my friends for lunch. We all had a great time and enjoyed the service here. The food was good and at reasonable prices. The owner and the staff were affable and hospitable as well. Hope to comback here again.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Good service, relaxed atmosphere, basic but good quality meals. I went there a couple of times and was very happy with my meal both times.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

It was definitely a cheap lunch but taste wise was average.

Was expecting more Vietnamese dishes.

Be aware they will charge you for wet napkins if you use the ones they give you.

Date of visit: July 2015