“Great experience ”

Taboo Bamboo Workshop
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tour at Taboo Bamboo Workshop you will be surprised and excited to see all the different household facilities and things that we have created out of bamboo and that we use in our house. Take them home with you as a souvenir and enjoy this long lasting experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

They were very kind and nice people
They helped us make what we wanted even so it was never done before
PERFECT.

"craftsmen"
"bicycles"
"vietnam"

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The class was amazing and joyful. The instructor’s was really nice and professional. We recommend this class very much!

1  Thank נופר ל
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Spent the entire afternoon with Mr Tan building a bird house, a big cup and clothe hanger. The process begins from scratch and it is absolutely amazing what can be done entirely out of bamboo if you have good hands like Mr Tan. Mr Tan and his assistant are doing most of the complex parts but still kids can enjoy the process of designing their chosen work. His bamboo house and car is an attraction for it self.
At the end the kids and adults leave with a hand made souvenirs.
Would very much recommend this. Arrive after lunch or breakfast since it might take 2 to 4 hours.

2  Thank galcameo
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Wow! What an experience!
I originally booked the workshop session as have been trying to find, for years, somewhere where i can buy a decent sized container to hold long Incense sticks, Thought bamboo would be ideal. I scribbled down a rough idea of what i wanted it to look like the day before. Tan said it wouldn't be a problem making it. After a short tour round his bamboo house where he showed me examples of his bamboo crafts - drinking cups, straws, clocks, mobile phone holders etc. If you can make it out of bamboo he can do it. Even had a 1930's style working telephone!
He advised me that it would take approximately 3 hours to make what i wanted, so if you do decide to book a workshop with him make sure you leave enough time in the day.
Being someone who enjoys all kind of craftwork at home i lapped up the experience. He was very friendly and patient and learnt loads of techniques, including how to make a perfectly flat top to my Incense holder (not something i would of thought you can do with the naturally round bamboo!). Also bought while i was there a 8" dragonfly and a cool, fairly large, moving bird wind chime. Together with the sizeable Incense holder i think it came to roughly about £36. Which i thought was very good value considering the 3+ hours of tutoring included.
I took some video of my experience in the workshop which im editing together at the mo and will put it up on YouTube in the next week or so. My username on YouTube is baphometplains

N.b - Booking a taxi from where i was staying in Hoi An through my hotel proved difficult. I emailed Tan (the owner) the morning before and he arranged pick up for me (and made sure i got safely back to Hoi An afterwards, which was handy as someone on the road outside nabbed my booked taxi before i got to the main road. He called another one for me & spoke with the taxi driver so he knew where to drop me off)

1  Thank Phil J