Review Highlights
Once in a life time

definitely a once in a life time chance to experience everything u can create with bamboo. there... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
keriel12
World
via mobile
so much fun

Went through a workshop with Dan and had a blast. He was helpful and informative. Dan lived his... read more

Reviewed 9 January 2019
Carpinelli123
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Hoi An
from US$45.00
from US$37.50
from US$60.00
More Info
All reviews mr tan we spent hours from scratch all ages craftsmen project art objects techniques skills teaching session bike instructor vietnam souvenirs hoian
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We was in the class of making bambo things, Tan was so nicely and perfect!! We recommend to everyone come and learn and see the Beautiful thins that he makes!!!

Date of experience: February 2018
2  Thank Roni D
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to taboo bamboo workshop, and very enjoyed spending time there.

Tan is a great artist with a lot of patience, experience and good vibes!!

Don’t miss this place if you’re coming to Hoian;)

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank _Y134UN
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We arranged a special building workshop with Mr Tan to learn about traditional building techniques. This was a fantastic session for 14 architecture students, but would also be great to anyone interested in building, making and crafts. The location is superb, and Mr Tan is a patient and engaged instructor. He explained the construction techniques of the various buildings on site, and took us for a tour through the local hamlet to see other buildings under construction. Very interesting.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank hjnorrie
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I came with my 3 children (6,8,10).
They (and me...) had a great time working like adults, doing something new, creating with the hands.
Tan was very patient and really professional- he definitely knows how to work with children.
Besides that - Tan lives in a home which almost everything are made of bamboo.
Really recommend

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank sigalbenglas
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Our family of four visited Mr. Tan’s workshop and greatly enjoyed ourselves. It was so nice to meet a local family and see Mr. Tan’s beautiful bamboo creations. He took us for a ride in his bamboo car which my son loved. Then my husband looked after our 1 year old in the peaceful garden, (complete with bamboo swing set and chickens just down the road) while my 4 yo son and I participated in the workshop. Mr. Tan was very accommodating with my son and did all the cutting and measuring and glueing so my son only needed to sand, fit the pieces together, and draw on his finished product. I made a bamboo sign and enjoyed using the wood burning tool to burn my artwork into the bamboo. You will find a huge range of projects to choose from, everything from very simple 1-2 hr projects like mugs and birdhouses, to very advanced long-term projects like bike frames and furniture! All in a very relaxing setting with tea and a gentle breeze in the garden. Mr Tan is an amazing artist and he and his family were very kind and hospitable.

Date of experience: December 2017