4,193 results
All reviews lexington grill peacock alley personal concierge dressing room japanese restaurant azure restaurant luxurious hotel ice lollies walk in closet kids club junior suite amazing hotel sea view special thanks rooms are huge family pool pool staff
Reviewed 17 September 2018

First of all, I'd like to state that in no way was our whole experience of the service an issue. In general, the staff and friendly and quite helpful.My gripe is that I booked the stay for the Friday night before finding out that we had a public holiday on the Thursday. On discovering this, I attempted to book the Thursday as well. I called to ask whether I could be guaranteed the same room if I made a separate booking for the Thursday as we have a baby and it would be too much hassle changing room. I was told by Ali it would be looked into and someone would get back to me. He was true to his word and contacted me to put me through to someone who could book it for me. Unfortunately the system was down so the person told me they would get back to me when it was back up again. They didn't. I called back to find the systems were back up. The person I spoke to said they would look into my request and get back to me. Guess what...they didn't! I eventually decided it was more hassle than it was worth which is a shame as it was my wife's birthday and our anniversary so 2 nights would have been perfect. I received a call the next day with the explanation that the reason they did not get back to me was they were trying to get me the room at the same rate I'd paid for the Friday (which was not what I requested). When I asked what the rate would be I was then told that the room was now booked and that I could have a different room if I wanted. This defeated the whole purpose of my first request which was not having to change room. A bit of a circus! On arriving I was asked by someone by the front desk (maybe a duty manager?) if everything was ok. I began to explain the situation but they didn't seem that interested and just said that the person behind the desk would help me to check-in. I felt as though they were just dismissing my complaint. To say I was very disappointed with the service is an understatement! We stayed at the same time last year as we were going to make it a tradition of staying at the Waldorf every Anniversary/Birthday. We're now rethinking our plans. The room was excellent as were the facilities but a 5 star needs to provide 5 star service as well. Sorry, you didn't make the grade for usParking - I don't understand why I gave a ticket for someone to fetch my car only to see it 50m away from me and then for it to take so long to fetch the care! And being kept out in the sun during the height of summer? Not good!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank Parchmondo
AlanStocker, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Parchmondo,

Thank you very much for sharing your review about your experience with us.

I would like to convey our heartfelt apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay. It is with regret to learn of your disappointment regarding how your room reservation request was handled along with your concern with our valet.

I would like to assure you that we are closely monitoring all of our guest feedback with each department head to ensure that we will not face the same issues again in the future.

I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah and thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

7 star hotel, with luxurious entrance and lobby, nice professional staff great you with warmth and swift service, I stayed there in The Tower Suite, and it was wonderful, very modern furnitures and wide windows to complement the fabulous view of the arabian gulf, the room was quite and the bed really helps with a good sleep at night, great facilities in the hotel. It is located in AL Hamra village so you can enjoy the mall which is about 10 mins walk distance or 2 mins drive .

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Hawe_M

Thank you very much for sharing your detailed review on Trip Advisor about your experience with us.

I was delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah and appreciated hotel, the service provided by our team members, the tower site and accessibility to the mall.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you and your partner back for another memorable stay at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

First stay here for Daughter Fiona and I.
Arrived early Sunday 2 September and were greeted with polite helpful reception staff. It was a great surprise to find our room was ready! We were shown to our on the second floor with a sea view & everything was explained.
Our 10 night stay was wonderful. Dining staff helpful, Ajay from India, Mengha on desk( hope that’s the correct spelling. Cosomo from Nigeria could not do enough!!
Pranab, housekeeping kept us amused with little animals made from towels and rose petals. Kept us supplied with clean towels et al.
We had half board, which was great.
Pools, adult & children’s were nice and relaxing. We went to the adult one, where pool staff helpful bringing towels. Enjoyed a smoothie and ice pop during our sunbathing & lots of cool water provided in ice buckets.
Food was varied and delicious.
The ambience when listening to music in Peacock Alley was so relaxing.
Breakfast on our last morning Ajay presented us with a little cake & on the plate said ‘Happy Journey’. A wonderful touch to end a wonderfully relaxing time.
We would highly recommend The Waldorf Astoria, Ras Al Khaimah and Fiona cannot wait to book again for a return visit!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear JHL1950,

I was delighted to read that you and your family had an amazing stay at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah and appreciated the service provided by our team members, quality of the food and overall ambiance.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you and your family back for another memorable stay at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We have really enjoyed staying here for the second time . Everything is great in here large well appointed rooms amenities, spa , kids club, breakfast , pool, more than anything staffs who go that extra mile to keep us comfortable with a smile . Commendable service , this was our repeat stay and we intend to come back !

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Miandad c,

I was delighted to read that you and your family once again enjoyed your stay at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah and appreciated the hotel amenities, facilities and the service provided by our team members.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We spent the days before the Eid with friends that also had kids and we absolutely loved it!
Rooms are luxurious, views over pool area and sea are something one can definitely remember for some time.
Busy breakfast with many options, staff was very attentive.
We tried many times the restaurant by the pool and it never disappointed. The fish was divine.
Both steakhouse and Japanese restaurant were also delicious and service was again superlative.
The sommelier at the steakhouse recommended a Lebanese wine which proved to be the biggest unexpected surprise of the meal! In a good way of course.

Guest relation Fleur was always checking on us and ensuring our expectations were being met.

We will definitely come back!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Hendrick C,

I was delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah and appreciated room was luxurious with beautiful view, your dining experience was excellent at UMI as well as the service provided by our team members in particular Fleur exceeded your expecations.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again, we would be very happy to welcome you and your friends back for another memorable stay at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah.