We were unfortunate enough to be allocated this villa as a replacement after an alleged flooding in a villa we had booked. On appearance Villa al Nuzha looks fabulous and it could be. Unfortunately it was not. It is fair to say it was "all fur coat and no knickers". The following are issues reported (none were rectified):
1. Ground floor bedroom – upon arrival wardrobe was opened, pelmet fell and hit my 15 year old on his head causing a large bump. Wardrobe doors would not move thereafter
2. Ground floor living room – sliding patio doors nearest to kitchen area had loose glazing which deemed the doors unusable
3. Ground floor kitchen – kettle provided had broken lid
4. External Area – 8 sun beds provided but only 4 were usable as no padded mattresses provided
5. External Area – web site stated external dining for 10 but only table for 6 provided
6. External Area – BBQ was a portable gas type but had no relevant coals provided for a gas BBQ
7. External Area – Our final day was ruined because the pool was not cleaned and therefore cloudy. When pool man arrived it was too chemically to use.
8.1st Floor Twin Bedroom – heavy water damage from shower room above with water leaking through light fittings. As you can see from the photos this had not just occurred and had been a problem before we arrived.
9.1st floor double bedroom (with TV) – shower flooded the entire area, including toilet area and drenched the curtains. Towels had to be used to prevent flooding.
10.1st floor double bedroom (without TV) – wardrobe doors stuck meaning my 12 year old constantly caught his fingers between the doors
11.1st floor double bedroom (without TV) – shower flooded the entire area, including toilet area. Towels had to be used to prevent flooding.
12. 2nd floor double bedroom – Damp visible in bedroom causing a constant musty smell
13. 2nd floor double bedroom – Bedroom door would not close – door frame out of alignment
14. 2nd floor double bedroom – No curtain at single door leading onto balcony. We had to put a towel up each night to prevent early morning light
15. 2nd floor en-suite bathroom - Unusable due to water leak into bathroom below
16. 2nd floor en-suite bathroom – Exposed electrical cables above mirror
17. 1st floor balconies – all had no furniture provided which deemed them unusable
18. 2nd floor balconies - no furniture provided which deemed it unusable other than for drying clothes
19. 2nd floor utility room – provided storage for “owner” of property – personal clothing, nappies, pipe, tobacco, rugs, childrens photos
20. All areas – we experienced a power cut during the holiday. We were told it was “normal” in this area to experience such. However a maintenance man appeared and flicked a switch in the pool plant area which restored power to the Villa. We were also told just to do that ourselves in future if it re-occurred.
I would seek assurances from owners that these issues have been resolved. If not, do not book, look elsewhere. There are loads of lovely villas in this area without the defects we had the displeasure to experience. We expected luxury, we got this replacement villa which left us wanting! Very disappointing.
|How helpful were the directions to the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|