See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2016

The staff were fabulous - amazingly friendly & helpful and most of them could communicate really well in English.
The rooms were lovely with a view of the pool.
The bathrooms were dated. Our aircon also leaked terribly...

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 30 September 2014 via mobile

We didn't realise how far out of places this hotel was, but that was probably our own lack of research. It was lovely accommodation and the lady on reception was extremely helpful in the local area and where we should visit. Also educating us on some traditions of the Thai people. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't review the food.
The only negative was there was a really funky smell in the pool area, it almost made me dizzy. A real chemical smell in the pool itself.

Traditional Thai huts with a luxury vibe though, we loved it :)

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This is a newer property but is a bit hard to find. Our driver had to stop four times to seek directions. It took him over an hour to find it (but our cab cost was just 300 baht). Once there, the property is very nice a clean. The room had a nice veranda to sit on. Pretty grounds. I agree with a prior review that the buffet place down the street is a great place to eat and cheaper than the hotel. The staff was nice and professional. The breakfast is okay, but we had better meals on the dive boat we were on earlier in our trip.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stay in At Panta 4 nights last month, I have to say it's a horrible hotel.

I don't understanding why the hotel charge us twin bed room fee but only one key to us? On the first night, I come back hotel earlier than my friend. I disappotingly find that I can not come back my room since the hotel don't have backup key. When I complan to thier manager and got rediculous reply, he said this is not only my question , many other clients have same question as mine. So I have to overcome it by myself. I am comfusing why they don't deal with this problem when the first client complan it and allowed it happend again and again? At last, I wait in the lobby for 2 hours until my friend come back.

It is an nightmare on second night, when I come back, I find tens of thousands of twatermite in the corridor.When I open the door, at least 100 termite in my room. I have to take a shower in the dark, beacause many termite into my room through crak if they find any light. My other 2 friends find there is a big frog in their room.

My room's aircondition goes wrong. I head "di da di da" on first night,So I go to the recepition to ask repairt it. However, it become more seriours after that, finally it becomes wartfall on last 2 nights. I don't want to complan again, sicne no body care me. I sleep with my friend in one single bed, becuase another bed is too close to "waterfall".

The location of the hotel is also terriable. I feel very happy when check out becuase I know I will never come back.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
7  Thank Jenny Z
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed in a pool villa here for a month so my review is well balanced after seeing guests come and go in the Month of December. I saw the resort full and not so.

Firstly, the resort is not on the beach but then I would not say it is off the beaten track as it is right within walking distance of the Thalang intersection. From here, you can get everywhere in Phuket. The resort also offers a shuttle to the beach and surin beach at that which is the best in the area, lots of restaurants and a great beach club called Catch.

The Resort is well laid out, spacious but intimate in style. The pool villas are wonderful, you really feel like you are in Thailand as opposed to a regular hotel room in the countless of other resorts around. They are luxurious with a huge bed, wonderful architecture with high wooden ceilings and a fine bathroom attached with hot water.

They are serviced to a high standard.

The pool is great, very spacious with a swim up bar complete with a happy hour.

The restaurant is really quite good. It is of course Thai food with a small selection of international food. Breakfast is an adequate fresh buffet.
Room service is also available.

There are 2 computers in the lobby area which are free to use which is very handy. Also there is free wi-fi around the pool so if you check into a pool villa, take your tablet or laptop and you'll be online. Speed is fine.

There is a small bar with a pool table and any day trips you would like to book are easily accomplished from the resort.

There is a small spa on site but to be honest I did not use it as I found it a little expensive compared with what is around and it didn't look too great, it might be though, I just didn't try it.

My advice is that with the money you will save staying at this resort, you could afford to rent a car for your stay, the resort can arrange this for a very acceptable fee. You will then find yourself free to explore and this resort is in exactly the right position on the island to explore. Patong , one way is 45 mins. Phuket Town the other way is around 30 mins, airport is around 20 mins. It is very central compared with other locations.

Driving is fun as long as you drive confidently. In Thailand they drive on the left as in the UK and to fill up your car will cost you around 1,200 baht only. As long as you have first class insurance which most companies include for free your all set. don't worry about the excess as it is nothing. Just rent the car, check it's got 1st class insurance and your away.

So, all in all I had a thoroughly nice stay at At Panta, the staff were really friendly, nothing was too much. It was clean, the villa was really lovely, just steps from the pool. Nothing woke me up in the morning or at night and the location ended up being brilliant with a car.

If you want the real Thai experience in a relaxing ambient setting then this is for you.

Room tip: Pool Villa , Free Wi-Fi
Date of stay: December 2011