All reviews bangla road expat bar bangla rd rooms are basic western and thai food balcony room nice pool large bed pool area air con night life quiet at night the location is perfect mini bar jungceylon shopping centre patong beach expats
Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

It is very plain. But the rooms are very clean, service is outstanding and the food is also very good. A block off the main drag quiet and the pool is great. I would recommend this hotel and will be back again.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank O7059EArossm
Reviewed 1 November 2015

The room was clean and comfortable, nice balcony next to pool. The pool is maintained well just like the entire property. The staff are friendly and very kind, they anticipated our every need. The food is excellent western & Thai dishes very tasty. Cold beer all the time and great people too. Perfect location, 2 minute walk from Bangla Rd. But set back far enough that the noise doesn't disturb your sleep.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jes-Jon A
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

The Expat Hotel is a home away from home for visitors to Thailand as well as Expats living there. It is close to Bangla Road, the Beach and the general hype of Patong.
The hotel has a pool, restaurant & bar & shows most sporting events on big screens.
Possibly not ideal for families with young children, the hotel is ideal for younger partygoers not wanting to spend a fortune

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 957virginiad
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Great place to stay. Close to Bangla Road but far enough away from noise. Not for families hotel but very friendly staff, good food and sports bar. A lot of aussies stay there. Met some really nice people.

Room tip: Ask for room on bottom level.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bandit076
Reviewed 17 August 2015

I booked a room at the last minute without seeing the room. So I didn't book on-line. I really should have viewed the room first, but I was tired from traveling all day. I dropped off my stuff and went to get a massage, and i decided I didn't want to stay there. When i returned, I asked the front desk if I could get a refund, and she flatly said no.

Here is what you get at the Ex-pat hotel: a very basic room. The TV is an old style CRT, the "balcony" is actually the hallway, and the lights or key enter slot is in a weird place, so I had a fair amount of fumbling around before I could even turn on the lights. This might have been a great hotel 25 years ago. Now the only thing it really has going for it is a pool. Honestly, I've seen billeting barracks in better shape. The condoms were a nice touch. Maybe the hotel should be called the "Sex-pat" hotel. And maybe they were even free. When I checked out, after my two-hour stay, I had a bottle of water from the refrigerator. AND THEY CHARGED ME FOR IT! Who charges for water? A bottle of water is 7 baht at family mart, and they wanted to charge me? Wow, that's all I can say.
So they kept my 1500 baht. I got a better room with nicer people for half the price just up the street.

Stay at the ex-pat if you need a pool and you are on a budget and you intend on having sex with random women.

Date of stay: August 2015