“Carbonara from heaven”

Ranked #54 of 684 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$7 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: “We are proud of our traditions, and delighted to share what we love with other people”. A few words are enough to include and express “Leo&Mas” Restaurant’s core. A tribute to Italian Style, therefore. A style made of succulent flavors achieved by simple recipes; superior quality presented with sober elegance; but above all, generosity and warmth in offering what is more precious to us. Whether you’re living on Phuket Island, or just spending here some time for vacation or business, this friendly restaurant gives you the chance to spend a good night out savoring the authentic traditional Italian food. Spaghetti, ravioli, gnocchi lasagna, risotto, bruschetta, Italian and Australian meat main courses, and fresh fish main courses. Delicious desserts: tiramisu, pannacotta, Italian ice cream…If you’re looking for a peaceful oasis where enjoying your dinner, only 50 mts from seaside and 10 minutes walk from the evening movida of Patong, “Leo&Mas” is your spot.
Reviewed 3 April 2015 via mobile

Been there three times now and its always superb service from the staff!! Walking around patong for one month now, tasting my favorite of pasta carbonara. And now I know that without question this is the best Italian place in town. Clean and very nice restaurant to eat in.. Iam not that much in to vine but I could see they have a big collection

Reviewed 3 April 2015

I found this place on tripadvisor and due to its great reviews booked a table for me and my wife. Restaurant is easy enough to find as large sign at bottom of road and inside the restaurant it is nicely set up and was warmly greeted.

For starters we ordered bruschetta for my wife and penne bolognese for myself, as normally Italian restaurants will serve antipasta - pasta dishes as a starter before a main course. My wife's bruschetta arrived, and about 10/15 minutes later mine arrived, long after she had finished hers and after me asking where my starter was. Was told the pasta takes longer to prepare, but if this is the case, the other starter should of been made later so both came out together. Similar thing happened with mains but the wait not as long, as my pizza arrived and about 2 minutes later my wife's meal arrived. The dishes appeared to be coming out of different kitchens, one at the front and one at the back, therefore leading to meals coming out a different times, as normally you will recieve your food at the same time so you can eat together. When the bill came, my starter pasta was charged as a main even though requested it as a starter dish. Price for 2 cocktails, 2 starters and 2 mains came to around £30.

No issues with quality of food and drinks as was excellent and without the service issues would give this place 5 star.

Reviewed 1 April 2015

Having visited Thailand many times, and now visiting Patong again for 6 nights with our 6 year old son and 23 month old daughter before movingon to Khao Lak, we are accustomed to eating at so called 'Italian' restaurants and not expecting much, however this restaurant really does deserve the credit it is earning on trip advisor.
From the minute we entered I was impressed, my family was made to feel welcome in a calm and peaceful environment that felt like an oasis away from the bustle of Patong strip. More importantly, the food spoke for itself and the lobster linguini I selectedwas wonderful, and my wife was very happy with the sea bass she ordered.
At the end of dinner, the final suprise was the reasonable bill without additional service charges added, only the government tax.
We are only here for 2 more nights but we will definitely return before leaving Patong.

1  Thank Adrian S
Reviewed 18 March 2015

My fiancé and I were lucky enough to be staying at the Bathai Resort which is next door. Leo and Mas was just delicious! Their gnocchi is fantastic and their pizza even better! Beautiful thin crust. We ate in and the service was fantastic! We also got take away and their food was just as beautiful. Thank you guys, keep up the good work!

Reviewed 16 March 2015

Get away from the chaos of Patong at this restaurant. I have to believe it is run by Italians and if you love Italian food it is the best!!!!!! Service is great too.