“Loved it!”

Ranked #127 of 731 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Roma restaurant and pizzeria Da Mauro , is the oldest real Italian restaurant from 1985 , with owner italian chef Mauro , since the first day and till today. From beginning of october 2013 we open a new restaurant and pizzeria oven wood fire at the Banana Walk Mall,on Patong beach front,with sea view big terrace.See u there soon ,ciao Mauro.
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant by chance and liked it so much that despite all variety of restaurants and cuisines in Patong, we came back there 3 times!
It serves authentic Italian home cooked food. Their pasta fresca is perfectly al dente and is just as tasty as I remember it to be back in Italian trattorias. All ingredients like mozzarella, prosciutto, breads are incredible, authentically Italian.
The wood oven pizzas are delicious!
The portions are huge, and so it is good value for money.
I especially recommend pasta with clams in white creamy sauce.
This restaurant has lovely views over the beach, try getting one of the tables outside for dinner (during the say it is better to stay inside as it is too hot).

Date of visit: August 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

After a bout of gastro I just wanted something safe so went here and had the most amazing pizza. Thin woodfired crust, lovely tomato base and not overloaded. Some people complain about not enough topping but you would never get a pizza swimming in cheese in Italy. I loved it, fresh herbs with an extra order of mushrooms. The pizza was huge, my husband had the calzone which was also huge and delicious. We were kindly given a box to take home leftovers. Large cold beer and wine which was one of the better one I've had in Thailand completed the order. Add in great views and good value and you've one happy camper.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

All of our group was sick about the beef carpaccio, please don't order this here ( for the restaurant: if you was in Italy your restaurant was already close down for served poisoned food)
In addition, we get trouble to get a regular invoice (to submit at our company)
Nice position and nice sea view...but this is not enough to keep the customers longer. Very disappointed because I was suggested personally this place to my friends arrived to Phuket.
No way to contact the management of this place on the social media despite soon we are on 2018...

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank carlo1102
mauropar, Proprietario at Roma Ristorante & Pizzeria Da Mauro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Absolutely no sense to me your review mr ....., i'm there every day to serve my customers , never we have problems with our imported beef , normally easy to contact me in the restaurant ,but no one call's me , even you mr......you don't call me or my italian staff to clear this situation than we don't know at all . First i don't believe absolutely about you get sick with our carpaccio , have another reason for sure and not in our restaurant , second about copy bills for your company, must call the management like every place to do it for. very easy. but u even don't that again. finally mr........ we don't have nothing to do with yours personal problems, hope u get well soon. have good time.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Roma restaurant was like visiting mums kitchen after eating predominantly Thai food for 10 days. The quality of the food spoke by the plates being emptied. The size of the meals were quite satisfactory. We ate there 3 times in 2 days and had seafood pasta, pizza & snitzel. The staff are lovely and atmosphere and ambience suit its location. Situated on the first floor with air conditioning to relieve and lovely views off the beach and street below. A great meal at a great price.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We ate delicious Italian Tuna and Vegetables Pizzas.Location is Nice, front on beach road
Great price and the service is good