All reviews private pool direct beach access beachfront villa gay beach sea restaurant bangla road rooftop bar complimentary mini bar egg station boutique hotel breakfast staff the hustle and bustle bangla rd restaurant staff walking distance to everything amazing location night life
Reviewed 28 January 2017

I spent several weeks trying to decided on a place to stay in Patong. I had previously been to Patong, so was familiar with the area and knew I wanted to be centrally located on the beach; this hotel offers just that.

Situated steps from the beach, La Flora Resort is one of only a few resorts that are actually right on the beach. With it being as hot as it is, being able to just walk off the beach and up a couple stairs to your hotel is a nice convenience.

What I liked:

Customer service was great. From check in to check out, everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating. The breakfast provided each morning was adequate and had plenty of options to choose from. The room was clean and bed comfortable; we did have an issue with the AC not working one night and they had it fixed promptly the next day. And, of course, the location. You are in the most central part of Patong and within walking distance to everything.

What i disliked:

The pool area is claustrophobic. Let me explain. They have two pools and each one is very long and narrow and situated between the buildings. The pools end and then they have an area at the far end, near the beach, for chaise loungers (not that many, as each day I never was able to get one as they were always taken early).

It's difficult to explain but the resort was built without much thought on maximizing the view out to the beach from the pool. You are either in this corridor in between the buildings using the pool, or you go out to the end where there are some chaise lounges to experience the beach. I stayed 5 days and i kept thinking to myself: "Its too bad they didn't place these pools out in front of the hotel by the beach, as it would be more enjoyable being able to use the pool while looking out at the beach."

In summary, for the amount of money we paid, I really thought I was going to be "wowed" during my stay; however, a day into it, I really just felt like the place was average and a bit "overhyped" as a luxury resort. Were the people there wonderful? Yes. But - and I feel bad saying - I left definitely feeling like the money I paid was not worth it and for half of what I paid, if not even more than that, I could have stayed elsewhere and probably had the same level of accommodation - just not on the beach.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Brian M
TheNaka_LaFlora, Manager at La Flora Resort Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear bsm9034,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on La Flora Resort Patong. We welcome all feedback and comments as they are tools to further assist us to improve ourselves hence you can be rest assured, your review are taken very seriously.
Once again thank you very much for your valuable comments and apologize for any inconvenience occurred.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Here's the thing, we wanted to love this place, we really did. We chose it specifically because it has one of the few beachfront villas with a private pool in Patong with an ocean view. And that room is the grand beachfront villa, the most expensive room they have, and can average close to US $1000 a night, And the room was really beautiful...at first glance. Our comcern here is we had way too many issues for what we paid for this room.

When we checked in, the person who showed us the room wasn't able to open the wooden doors that open up on to the pool from the bed. OK, so they said they would send someone to fix it. Stuff happens, no big deal. But then I realized that the pool was very cloudy. After traveling for 6 hours we couldn't wait to jump in, but we waited because the pool wasn't clean. OK, so we left the room figuring that all would be taken care of while we were out, and went to get drinks on the roof. The rooftop restaurant has beautiful views and a nice menu and great drink menu, but a little sparse on furniture and decor. Needs some more pillows and a refresh. But I digress, we got back to the room and they fixed the door but the pool was still cloudy. But as we entered the room we encountered a painful 3rd issue, I didn't realize there were two steps up to the door because there was no light outside of the room, and stubbed my toe so bad it literally spurted blood all over the place. I kid you not, I still have a gouge of toe missing and my toenail is still black and blue, almost 2 weeks later. So we called and told them how unsafe it was not to have a light at the entry, and they needed to fix this immediately.

The other issue we had was the a/c, it is set at 23 degrees Celsius, and that's it. We actually called about that when we checked in now that I recall, but it took a few additional calls before someone actually explained we can't go below 23 degrees. I have a huge issue with this. I don't like being told how cold I can have my room, not when you are spending this much money for your room. Coming in from the beach we were so hot, and the room just was never cold enough for us. It's a very hard pill to swallow to spend the kind of money we did for our room, and yet always be hot! We also had issues with the pillows, as they were feather or maybe once were, but were flatter than a pancake. So after a few phone calls to the staff and then a visit from housekeeping because no one understood 'pillow', they finally sent us different pillows. I understand we are in a different country and English is likely everyone's second or third language here, but I have to say we had more issues communicating at this hotel than we did anywhere else in Asia, and this includes many small towns in Vietnam and Cambodia. Maybe it was our accents, I don't know, but I would have expected housekeeping to understand the word pillow. Nitpicking here I realize.

Ultimately I would say about 24 hours after we checked in, everything had been addresssed and they got us a fan that at least made it tolerable enough to sleep. But what we were left with was this: our room was clearly not quality checked prior to us checking in. How do you make a mistake like that on a room that costs almost $1000 a night??? I would think of all the rooms at the resort, this room above all else, would have been checked. It clearly wasn't, the pool was cloudy, the doors were broke and that light being out at the room entrance was just completely dangerous. I'm sure this room probably doesn't rent often due to the cost, and I get that, but it is unacceptable that we had even one issue related to quality checking in a room of this magnitude, let alone 6 issues.

That said, the staff was lovely and friendly, and very attentive. I even managed to lock myself out on the roof deck upstairs like a moron, and they came running to my rescue. Breakfast was awesome and the restaurant staff was quick and accommodating. I love a breakfast where they bring the coffee immediately! Huge pet peeve of mine when you have to wait for coffee, and the waitstaff was excellent with that. The nighttime front desk clerk was also always very helpful and friendly, as we bothered him nightly for switching money and all the issues we listed above. He always dealt with it all with a smile!

Really, the only issue we had was that our room was never checked, and it's a real shame, as it's your first impression of the hotel and it was a bad one. I appreciate that the hotel addresssed all of our concerns within the first day, but let's be honest, most of these issues shouldn't have happened in the first place. I also completely disagree with controlling the A/C. At the rate we paid, you cannot dictate to your guests what is comfortable for them. I was dumbfounded by this, a very cheap and embarrassing way to save money. Even if you have the lock, if someone complains you should be able to change it for them. That was unacceptable for a room that is close to 4 figures a night.

Would I still recommend coming here, I actually would, because it's a beautiful place in a perfect location and the staff was amazing. But maybe don't splurge on the expensive room that we did. We wanted the sea view, but the beach is right there, so just get your private pool. But pray it's clean when you get there!

Room tip: Splurge for the private pool, but the beachfront grand villa isn't worth it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank RobandAaron
TheNaka_LaFlora, Manager at La Flora Resort Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Dear RobandAaron,

We always look forward to our guest’s feedback on a daily basis, positive and negative, and rest assured we are constantly taking measures to ensure improvements with regards to room maintenance. We apologise for the less-than-satisfactory experience you had with us. Your concerns raised have been discussed with the relevant department heads and steps for improvement in the areas mentioned by you are in place and have been implemented.

And we really thank you very much indeed for your comments following your stay at La Flora Resort patong. It is terrific your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

We hope that you will find time to visit us again in order to re-evaluate our improved service standards.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Small hotel located surprisingly on the beach. Nicely appointed rooms although they probably can do with a little fix up. Nice breakfast, not most extensive but you won't be hungry when you leave. Centrally located.

Room tip: Most rooms are noisy due to outside noise. The hotel itself is quiet and relaxing.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank AntsInPants56
TheNaka_LaFlora, Manager at La Flora Resort Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear AntsInPants56,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at La flora Resort Patong during your visit to Phuket and for having taken the time to share your review.

I was very happy to know that you had an overall amazing time and that you were very pleased with our room, various breakfast and our location.

It will be a pleasure to share your kind words with all of our personnel.

We look forward to your next visit and to welcoming you back to La Flora Resort Patong.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 10 nights at la flora Got a deal 46 % of from 3rd Jan 2017
Love this hotel had a great room lovely staff And very good breakfast
Free Mini bar free ice
Gym all new equipment really good
Best thing location location location
Right on the beach can use the loungers and then go to the pool or the beach
My only complaint is the aircon is a old system and doesn't cool the room the best they need to invest money into getting this fixed let's the hotel down
From the roof top wonderful views

3  Thank Clintonjoh
TheNaka_LaFlora, Manager at La Flora Resort Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Dear Clintonjoh,

Thank you for taking notice of our spacious room and very friendly staff as it is a feature that we are proud of.
Your comments regarding an air con issue have been noted and brought to the attention of our department leaders who are on top of the matter.

May I say that my team and I are very grateful to hear of your good experience in our hotel.
We hope that you will find time to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Would highly recommend this hotel. Great staff and really nice property. The beach is right there and you can walk out of the hotel onto the beach. Location is great that it's in the center of Patong and accessible to restaurants, shopping and bars.

The staff is awesome and really friendly! Would highly recommend you utilize the hotel's airport transport service. There's a charge for it (not too much higher than regular taxi), but they have hotel personnel at the airport to help you expedite the lines through international check-in.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank SonP130
TheNaka_LaFlora, Manager at La Flora Resort Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Dear Son P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review about your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you loved your stay and that you found our location is really nice and convenient to step to the beach. I am pleased to hear that you had such wonderful experience and great time, and I am pleased that every member of my staff went above and beyond to assure your satisfaction throughout your stay. We pride ourselves on our service, so I am thrilled to learn that my staff did everything possible to make your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.