1,470 results
All reviews terrace restaurant pool villa bamboo bar villa guests baan thai le meridien luxury escapes package thai restaurant kids club beautiful resort phuket airport thai staff tennis courts beach front happy hour tropical paradise large resort
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We had our wedding at the Katiliya Khao Lak Resort on 18 April. We had a traditional Hindu wedding on the beach.

We received exceptional service from the staff who were friendly, courteous, receptive to our needs and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. Well before our arrival at the resort, we were assigned a personal wedding coordinator who made sure that every detail was attended to, not only for the wedding day but for our pre-wedding functions too.

The bride's family stayed at the Katiliya 3 bedroom family villa which offered a private pool and the groom's family stayed in a superior suite. Both villa's were incredibly spacious. On our wedding night we were upgraded to a royal suite which offered a private pool with beach views.

As part of the wedding package we received a complimentary spa treatment; which was amazing experience and relaxing. The spa rooms are very private, well decorated and also include other facilities.

The food was great – a big thank you to chef Kamal who prepared a specific Indian menu for the wedding reception and one of the pre-wedding functions. There also catered for special dietary requirements for certain guests.

Even though the wedding was on the beach, the staff made sure it was private and even assisted in procuring a long tail boat for our photo shoot.

Overall an incredible stay made even better by the helpful staff and beautiful venue.

Thanks Richard, Basil, AE and all the stuff for making our day special!

Room tip: The villas are amazing!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017

This was my favourite place that I stayed in Thailand. It was very pretty to walk through with natural tropical gardens, squirrels scampering around and some birds around too. We walked down a secluded path to the adult only pool. The staff take care of your every need without being intrusive.
The buffet breakfast was to die for, so much to choose from and barista made coffee in lovely big mugs. The only place that offered that out of four places.
We used room service for some meals and were never disappointed. You can also just stroll along the beach until a restaurant catches your eye.
Even the ladies servicing or rooms were faultless and very attentive to every detail. They were also very generous with the complimentary drinking water that they provided.
The rooms were spacious and beautiful. The bathroom was dreamy. I have no negatives at all.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda K
Reviewed 7 May 2017

The ground, garden, pools and beach are nice. My family of 6 (4 - 67 years old) spent 2 nights there. We enjoyed swimming in the pools and walking on the beach. We didn't swim in the sea in that rainy season (October) to avoid herds of jellyfish causing skin rash. Hotel service was generally good. I purchased a discount voucher for the low season period, so the value was reasonable for me. I wouldn't go for the full price in high season.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We were on all inclusive luxury escape holiday , we only paid for drinks at the end of our stay . The staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms comfortable all be it a bit tired ,but spotless. We were very pleased we had a first floor room as we walked 10 paces into one of the resorts many beautiful pools . Activities ranged from beach yoga , Thai boxing water aerobics and bike riding , plus a fully equiped gym . We were a group of 4 adults who enjoyed the relaxation aspect of the trip ,however I think families with kids 10 years and older may find that the kids get a bit bored .

1  Thank Alan E
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Booked 2 rooms using the online tool. The reservation was cancelled by the hotel claiming my card was declined. My card issuer has no record of this of a transaction ever been put through. When I went on line to re-book, the rate had doubled. Won't be bothering again. Disgusting.

Date of stay: May 2017