“Nice Indian Food”

The Spice Shop
Ranked #251 of 965 Restaurants in Hsinchu
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The first time I visited, I was a little disappointed as it wasn't the same as I was used to in the UK, but I have since become a regular visitor. Its different, but its nice. Good food and good flavours - possibly the best restaurant in Hsinchu. Prices are very reasonable, and staff are friendly and speak good English.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

I love it chicken dishes. The tandoori chicken is nicely marinated and grilled. My only gripe is that the size of the chicken. Where in Taiwan did you get chicken legs that small? I also like the chicken tikka dish, it goes well with the plain nun. The beef dish is well flavored but they used the stewing portion that are more typical of Chinese cut (tendon heavy). I also like the frosted cumin seeds. It offers a refreshing treat after a heavy and spicy food.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Order Chicken Tikki Masala, Vegetable Malai and Panek Paneer (Creamed Spinach)

All 3 dishes was bland! I could barely taste the indian spice! I guess the owner wants to save on that expense. He did say he cooks it differently for indians. Guess I will request that next time to see if its better.

Dishes are above average for Taiwan prices. For example chicken dish was $8 USD.

Waitress was in a hurry and made no attempt to be friendly. I know they dont work for tips here but I didnt see her smile the whole hour I was there. Owner was friendly and asked about our food though.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I am new to Hsinchu and a big lover of Indian food. The first thing i did was hunt for Indian. The Spice Shop is a gem with the best tandoori chicken I have tasted in Taiwan!!!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

There is more than one location of the Spice Shop in Hsinchu. The newest one, I believe is just off Guangfu Road, near the bridge going over the train tracks. I've been to both locations and have had similarly favorable experiences. The food is delicious. I most recently had the butter veggie and was as satisfied as I am when I have the Rogen Josh. The naan comes in various varieties, cheese being my all time favorite, followed by onion, and then wheat.
The staff are meticulous about filling your water glass and removing dishes from your table. I've never felt rushed or abandoned.

4  Thank Asoupcan