“Excellent food, excellent service ”
Review of Haj Kahil

Haj Kahil
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Jaffa
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Ended up in this restaurant not knowing much about it after another restaurant messed up our reservation. And I'm happy it did.

We were seated at the last open table on a busy Friday night. Many waiters plus attention from the maitre'd make for efficient service.

This is one of those Mediterranean restaurants that cover the table with little salad plates, served with hot out-of-the-oven pita bread. Some of the salads are of the pretty standard variety, some more unusual.

House specialties look worth another visit but this time we ordered three types of grilled meats. Everything was delicious.

Do yourself a favor and get knafe for dessert. It takes a little while to arrive as it is being made fresh. Made with good quality cheese and just the right amount of syrup, this is the lightest knafe I ever had.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Good service delicious arabic food
We came on Saturday and reservation is a must

All type of salad are cool and tastes excellent
We asked for main dish which is a lamp and neck of sheep stuffed with rice

Magnificent taste in a crowded resturant and everybody is enjoying his time

The deserts of kinafeh was awesome that we have requested another one

Surely this is a place i will drop against n

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Visited for dinner on a Monday by myself on recommendation from my Israeli meeting host. The restaurant is on the main round about on entry to Jaffa from downtown Tel Aviv. I turned up around 6.20pm and there were many tables. The restaurant didn't get too busy through the evening.

Food was fantastic. They didn't have the beetroot and goats cheese salad for starter so instead ordered the meze. It was essentially enough for dinner - 8 different small plates, a big bowl of tabouleh and a large flat bread. Way too much food so I tasted bits of everything. Main was lamb chops which was served with rice, a vegetable kebab, some steamed vegetables and potatoes. The lamb went well with the tomato salsa from the meze. Overall, food was tasty but portions were huge (and I'm a big eater). Still, there's always room for pud so I had the Bavarian cream and an espresso.

Service was friendly though the waiter had to be reminded of my lemonade order (which once received was very refreshing). No booze is served but the food more than makes up for it. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This is the best oriental north Arabic food you'll ever taste. Go for their special dishes. Fair prices, not cheap stuffed lamb neck or veal shoulder.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

But on the inside, really, is not.
Pretty regular stuff, not always fresh. The prices though, are very fancy.

1  Thank inna o