“MY BIRTHDAY LUNCH AT MEAT BAR”
Review of Meat Bar

Meat Bar
Ranked #3 of 161 Restaurants in Herzliya
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2021

Always a great place for any occasion. My wife wanted to have a special lunch with me for my 75th birthday, so I chose Meat Bar in Herzlia as I had already a good experience.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (473)

Reviewed 23 September 2021 via mobile

The quality of all the dishes and food was high, everything was very tasty. The service we received was excellent and courteous

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 24 July 2020 via mobile

Our waiter was very pleasant and the restaurant is beautiful. This 1 star review is only based on the food.

This being said, this was one of the most expensive and least satisfying meals I have ever had in my life. My boyfriend and I came in on a Friday afternoon. They seated us immediately which was nice.

We ordered the “Sinta” and Beef Filet. We ordered the sinta medium and the beef filet well done”

The sinta was very dry and more well done than we would have liked but it was edible. The beef filet came almost raw and appeared to be less then the 300g that they advertise. We told the waiter that it was not cooked enough and they took our plate and put the steak back on the grill. When they returned it to us it was not edible. What I mean by this is that I tried to stick my fork into it and it was like trying to poke rubber. My boyfriend and I split the steak in two and we each took a bite of the “new” steak and looked at each other in utter shock.

We left the steak on the plate and waited for the waiter to come pick it up. They finally noticed we hadn’t eaten and came to ask it it was okay. We told them how gross it was and then they offered to bring us something else. They then took the plates with probably 3/4 of the steak on it.

At this point we didn’t want to take anymore risks on their meat so we politely declined.

They brought us some fruit sorbet as a way to “make up for the disgusting steak”.

We received the bill and sure enough the steak that we COULD NOT eat was on there (and the most expensive item on the bill- 178 nis)

On the way out I wanted to explain to the manager that it was not the best etiquette to charge for an item that a customer could literally not eat.

She told me that she was just following restaurant guidelines and that if I come back, she would tell the cook to pay more attention to my steak next time.

There will be no next time but thank you for taking 600 sheckel for one of the worst meals I have had ever.

Also, the fried cauliflower was really dry and bland.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

This famous restaurant in hertzlia think that having a good name allowed its self to increase the prices and reduce the quality and the service.
Well this whats is happening for the information of the future visitors .i have been twice last week 2nd and 3rd of march and i came to the above conclusion
Not much to add. I hope for them that they will change.

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank YosefL
Reviewed 6 March 2020

I remembered it as a legendary place, known for its good steaks, and visited there several times in the past few years.
The last visit will be probably the last one - as portrayed our visit in a different light
We ordered a table for 5 - and received a table for 4 - with me sitting at the head of the table. Our tables was on the main corridor to the kitchen, and the number of times waitresses kept bouncing at me and moving me - while rushing to the kitchen was too high to bear. Needless to say no one apologized, but kept hurrying with the importance look on their faces.
Even the steaks - two medium ones that e ordered - were sent back for another treatment - as they came cold and rare on the inside.
Not a great experience for the large bill we paid.

Date of visit: February 2020