All reviews free shuttle rice paddy walk smaller pool outdoor bathroom warung mendez private pool central ubud great shuttle service quiet resort mosquito spray stayed for four nights tea and coffee on demand day bed bathroom door open air a lovely stay
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

First impressions of the hotel and our villa(with pool) were really good both me and the fiancée were impressed the pool looked amazing, bathroom large and had a typical Balinese feel to it bedroom upstairs looked great with the bed and canopy.

After being in it for the first of two nights we realised the mosquito net on the bed had quite a few holes in and the mosquitos love me!!

The day bed downstairs looked like it had some very disturbing stains on it. Could be the hard water I don’t know!!

I know it is a bit of a rural area but the cockerels round the area are going all day and night, this is no fault of the hotels it’s just where you are but the noises that did concern me were you could hear the cabin next door I think they were Americans that had just flew in and experiencing jet lag as they were up at 4 in the morning walking up and down the stairs and chatting at the top of their voices.

Bathroom was nice and open-aired, we even had a bat in there the first night. But it just needed a bit more attention to detail to the cleaning it just didn’t feel clean

General cleanliness could have been a bit better, I opened the little book with the room service menu and it was all mouldy inside, just little things like that would make the experience better.

The pool was a really nice touch anyone staying here I would recommend the villa with a pool you get a nice area to sunbathe and chill out.

This isn’t a complaint just some advice if you are staying here, get some (a lot) of mosquito spray, plugins, repellent smoke coils whatever you get your hands on, end of the day you are in a tropical area and the huts are big with tall ceilings so you need as much as possible to keep them away.

All in all I wouldn’t stay here again myself it just didn’t feel homely to us and we couldn’t relax but I certainly wouldn’t say don’t stay here as it would be good for other people just not us.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

From the moment we got out of the taxi on arrival the receptionist did everything in her power to sell us guided trips. The driver who dropped us in town that evening did the same and even the waiter at breakfast started selling us trips. On asking about yoga classes we were given no help but managed to find a superb yoga centre only 10 minutes walk away. It was such a shame about the pushy staff as the hotel is small and lovely and the room was nice too. It is in a great quiet spot within walking distance of the town.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

My first impression of this hotel was OMG, what a place is this? Resort is close to nature as if you are staying in a jungle. Rooms are a bit small and feels like to make the bathroom huge, room size was compromised. They provided a baby cot but it was too small for my 7 month old. Also, it had some wood clipped from sides which made me uncomfortable and we ended up co-sleeping with our baby. Nevertheless, resort is quite well equipped with modern amenities. I initially thought that there will be too many mosquitoes or flies etc. but to my surprise it was very well managed and I didn’t find this problem. Breakfast spread is not great and a bit disappointing. With amount you pay for this resort, I would expect a better variety of breakfast. Quality of food was good but just the limited variety was disappointing. Staff is courteous and make every effort to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in mid-June. Lovely attentive staff. Nice pool area that villas border upon. Breakfast was ample and the wonderful Alchemy cafe is a few doors up if ur still a bit peckish :)
Generally a quiet resort away from the hustle n bustle that constitutes Ubud.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

My husband, 6 year old daughter and I stayed for 3 nights.
The location is great and some lovely little Warung's around to eat at. Highly recommend Warung Mendez for awesome food. I didn't find the staff overly friendly, they definitely weren't rude by any means but they weren't that eager to please.

Skip the breakfast, VERY limited choice.
Infact it was a big let down. Simple fix would be to just mix it up a bit the onsite restaurant is just ok.

The accommodation itself could of been great but instead it was just good. Really small things but still.

1. Stains and marks on all the bedding sheets,pillows and towels. And no I don't mean the Bali hard water marks these were obvious stains.

2.Mosquito net over the bed had holes in its canopy, they've plugged it with cotton wool.

3. The open air bathroom was massive in size and great for a family but there was no attention to detail on cleaning it. And yes I'm well aware that the hard water of Bali makes stains etc but this isn't the issue.
There were cob webs in crevices,daddy long legs galore and cockroaches. Unfortunately this ruined it for us.

4. Lots and lots of trainee staff, which is perfectly fine, no issues but when you're paying nearly $230 a night some basic English would go a long way.

Some positives:

1. The central pool was great, lovely and big and clean.

2. Beautiful traditional grounds

3. On arrival they give you some great history on the place which we loved

4. Awesome high thatched roof with a little open window was lovely

5.The 20 minute massage was amazzzzing

6.The wifi was really good

7. The shuttle is really convenient! Free for resort guests and NOT on a schedule.

8. The staff were really good with our daughter.

I just feel that with a few small fixes this gorgeous looking little resort really good be the place to stay when in Ubud but for its price point it just misses the mark for us.

Date of stay: June 2018