“My Teacher Training Course”

Rama School of Yoga
Ranked #8 of 23 Spas & Wellness in Varkala
More attraction details
Owner description: Rama School of Yoga registered in Yoga alliance USA. conducts Five Yoga Teacher Training Programs in Varkala Kerala India each year, specializing in 200 Hour Yoga Teacher's Training in various styles such as Ashtanga Vinyasa and Hatha Yoga. 200 hr - ‪Hatha Yoga Teacher Training‬ 200hr Ashtanga Vinyasa Teacher Training Yoga & Ayurveda Retreat
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I did my yoga teach training course in March 2018. The course was beyond my expectations in every way. It was intense and covered asanas, anatomy, modifications, adjustments, philosophy. I lived and breathed yoga for a whole month and came away with immense knowledge. I loved every moment. The accommodation was simple and food delicious. I whole heartedly recommend Rama School of Yoga for anyone who wants to learn to be become a yoga instructor. My gratitude to Rama and his team. Namaste

All reviews
"lesson"
"india"
"beach"

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

There are many yoga TTCs out there, and the selection is overwhelming. After attending Rama School of Yoga this past March for my 200hr ttc, I was hoping to provide other yogis at the start of their professional path as much information about my experience as possible, so you can decide if its the right place for you as it was for me. This is a long elaborated review! If it's to much, just take my 5 star rating as a reflection of my opinion.

Rama is the owner of the school and lead teacher. He is an inspiring man. I have so much appreciation for his patience and skills. He has a lot of knowledge to share and does so with energy and humility. He is approachable, will help with anything, and support you in your journey.
The other teachers (Nisha, Sunil and Sanathanan) who teach anatomy, philosophy and meditation, were wonderful teachers and super knowledgeable in their fields, often giving us more information than necessary because of our questions. These are three generous individuals whom I had a real pleasure studying with.

The location is serene, away from Varkals crowded cliff. It's located in Edava, and is basically a few meters from the sea which is at your disposal between classes. The peremesis staff is very kind, the food is great (local Kerala dishes), and on Sundays you can go to the cliff area if you want a break from it all (enjoy shopping and cappuccinos). The rooms are super basic- beds, small cupboard, bathroom with toilet (western) and shower. Be advised if you are into luxury.

This month is all about practice, learning, and focusing on your path of growth, but it is NOT a vipassana retreat, nor is it an ashram or a full on traditional indian facility that will challenge your perception. If you are looking for a chance to detach yourself from western culture, from the internet and your phone in general, from socializing or communicating- you will have to manifest it yourself. This place allows a smooth transition from western lifestyle and into the yogi lifestyle. No extremes here, aside for waking up early (which is a habit I recommend anyway), and the amount of sweat you will pore during offseason… so if you are looking for a hardcore escape from your life, this isn't it.

Some tips:
Weather: check in advance, it might be extremely hot and can potentially make life much harder (during march we all complained a lot but survived...I don't know what April and May courses will have to say).
Number of students: We were 14 students, while the two batches before us and this present one average 6 per batch. I Prefer small groups and might have made my decisions accordingly had I known to ask in advance.
Yoga mat: bring your own or prepare to buy a basic cheap one in Varkala.
Skin safety: Bring mosquito repellent, mosquito net if you can, and a soothing cream for your potential bites.
Linen: I would recommend bringing a towel for the practice, one for the shower, and bed sheets. You are provided linen and a towels every week but honestly I didn't like the smell and took them to be washed. If you bring your own you can use those in between.

This month was an in depth experience in which I have improved my yoga practice and lifestyle, received real tools for teaching and living (which were all practiced, including teaching and adjusting), felt empowered through struggles and victories, and of course...got to meet some sweet people from all over our planet. I came to Rama’s school with the sole intention of learning more about yoga, but ended up wanting to pass the knowledge forwards and can't wait to do so.
Good luck to whoever you are who read to this point :)

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I just come back from my course...It was such an amazing experience. The course is very very well prepared, great methodology, interesting classes, attention to the details, very good teachers. I really learn a lot!!! The staff is very friendly, good food, place just next to the ocean.We could hear the sound of waves all day long!! The location is very safe and beautiful! I just come back from my course...It was such an amazing experience. The course is very very well prepared, great methodology, interesting classes, attention to the details, very good teachers. I really learn a lot!!! The staff is very friendly, good food, place just next to the ocean.We could hear the sound of waves all day long!! The location is very safe and beautiful! Thank you Rama one more time for creating this space for us!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I completed my 200hr Ashtanga Vinyasa TTC with Rama in February 2018. The location of the school is the perfect setting for a month of yoga practice and study. Being right by the beach means breaks can be spent swimming and relaxing. It is quiet and secluded, with no distractions. The yoga hall is beautifully made of natural materials, with a positive energy. Local food was provided 3 times a day and was of high quality and sufficient portions. Accomodation is basic but sufficient. Rama is an excellent teacher, who goes above and beyond for his students, assisting in progressing their self practice both physically and mentally. Classes were very well structured. We also had plenty of free time to explore the town on weekends and also did an enjoyable day trip to the Kerala Backwaters. Absolutely loved my month spent here, it was an incredible journey and very rewarding. I would highly recommend it and will definitely be back!