Book In Advance
Tours from Art of Bicycle Trips tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Art of Bicycle Trips
from US$35.00
More Info
from US$15.00
More Info
All reviews canoe ride city tour local boat experience local water provided rural life hour tour different areas fort cochin beautiful scenery an excellent guide chai tamil nadu experience kerala jew town helmets kayal
Reviewed 3 February 2018

A very professional operation.Modern and well maintained hybrid bikes.Idiomatic English standard guide.Well balanced tour ..both senses..with bikes X6 being loaded into a local boat that was punted through local backwaters.Recommended and well
worth the price.

1  Thank zipkow
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Such a great way to experience Cochin life. We really enjoyed the ride which took us through small villages and along river banks. The locals on the way were so happy to see us with a warm smile or wave and inquisitive children wanting to show us their linguistic skills. The tour leaders were both super friendly and very knowledgeable about Kerela life. We were made to feel welcome and very much at ease. The ride is flat and easy and also features a canoe ride for a breather!!. After the trip we then met up with our guide who took us for a beer and dinner at a local restaurant in Jew town which was fab. So far it’s the best thing we have done to date on our travels Thank you very much. Highly recommended.
Gary & Philippa Ward UK

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Gary W
Reviewed 30 January 2018

My husband and I just finished the van-supported Kerala Coastal Tour. We had a great time! This was our first time in India, and Dibin and his crew did an excellent job of keeping us safe and showing us the best of the area.

The hotels were quite comfortable (more than we needed, and these weren't even the premier inns). They were in scenic, quiet locations. We tried a wide variety of different foods with nary a twitch in our stomachs.

I thought we were just going to get directions and meet the van at the end, but Deepu actually escorted us along the route. This would have been complete overkill for me in all the bike touring I'd done so far - hundreds of miles on my own, admittedly on easy roads and rail trails - but I greatly appreciated it given my unfamiliarity with Indian traffic patterns. You may want ear plugs for the horns and a face mask for the pollution, though I didn't use them and this isn't anything like the pollution in Delhi. We stopped at a few local attractions on the way.

The kayak portion was far more interesting, informative, and peaceful than a houseboat tour would have been. We got off the main canals and into the small canals where houseboats wouldn't fit. Samson explained to us the plants and culture we were seeing, and chatted away with us as we paddled in a pleasant breeze. I had expected bugs but didn't have a problem with them. We did cover up for sun protection, which was wise as evidenced by my sandal tan afterwards.

We had never done a package tour before, but after an unfortunate experience in Cuba I preferred planning guided travel in India. This one was highly rated on TripAdvisor, and for good reason. Do it!

1  Thank Ann H
Reviewed 14 January 2018

An incredible afternoon of cycling the countryside just outside Kochi with Dibin as guide. Beautiful scenery, a well maintained bike and a serene wooden boat ride across the backwaters.
After meeting at the office near Fort Kochi, we transferred by car to a private home away from the crowded centre. The bikes were ready to go and we headed south along the main road soon to turn on to small country lanes and pathways bordering the endless waterways of Kerala.
Locals waved and smiled, Dibin spoke of rural life in Kerala and with stops along the way the entire day passed too quickly.
The cycling is easy as roads are flat. Highly recommend this experience of Kerala.

1  Thank cycleSteve
Reviewed 11 January 2018

I went with my three teenage children for the backwater tour in the afternoon and it was as great an experience as seven years ago outside Bangalore when artofbicycletrips was in its early stages of development.Thanks to Dibin who was a friendly, knowledgeable and careful guide! we enjoyed the tour and could have gone further!

1  Thank hedgehog4578