“Excellent dinner experience”

Wabi Sabi
Ranked #245 of 11,733 Restaurants in Bengaluru
Price range: US$27 - US$47
Neighbourhood: Ulsoor
Description: Our new Asian restaurant Wabi Sabi is inspired by its namesake Oriental philosophy that appreciates the complexity of simplicity. A breathtaking 24 carat gold leaf wall provides a stunning backdrop to the live sushi & sashimi counter & the soft murmur of the waterfall outside creates a zen-like soundscape. It offers a selection of Chinese & Japanese favourites expertly curated by expatriate chefs
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The food and service at Wabi Sabi is absolutely top notch.
Santu and Rana had given us some great food recommendations.
It is their prompt service that made our evening along with the phenomenal food.
The sushi (maki rolls) and kimchi noodles are a must try!
Service was well timed despite it being a busy weekend.
I had one of the best Japanese meals ever!

Date of visit: August 2021
TheOberoiBengaluru, General Manager at Wabi Sabi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ms. Dutta,

It was a pleasure to have you over at Wabi Sabi recently.

Thank you for highlighting the exceptional experience you had during your meal and for recommending our Asian restaurant on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to know that you were impressed with the cuisine and the care that my terrific team members demonstrated when you dined with us, including Santu and Rana whom you have so graciously recognised - your compliments will make them feel very special.

We hope to have the delight of welcoming you back many more times.

The Oberoi, Bengaluru

Write a reviewReviews (26)

Reviewed 23 August 2021

So there was no debate when I had to choose where I was going to go to celebrate my birthday dinner. WABI SABI!!

Being sashimi crazy and a die hard fan of the Miso Black Cod, there was never a doubt that Wabi Sabi would deliver on both of these and much more (the entire menu is just exquisite!!).

With cuisine to die for and Rana and his team looking after us, my wife and I had an experience fit for royalty and it is hands down my favourite restaurant in Bangalore!

Thank you Rana and friends for such a lovely evening. We will be back (as we have been so many times) again soon!

Date of visit: August 2021
TheOberoiBengaluru, General Manager at Wabi Sabi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

Dear Mr. Abraham,

Thank you very much for choosing Wabi Sabi to celebrate a special occasion. We are very grateful for your wonderful review

I am overwhelmed to note that you have memorable experiences that merits your return many times to our Asian restaurant.

My entire team including Rana is delighted by your recognition.

Look forward to welcoming you back for many more celebrations.

Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

Had a quick work lunch at Wabi Sabi; my first time there. The Oberoi has another winner in this one after the incredible Rim Naam.

The Sashimi was super fresh and presented beautifully. Full of flavour. The lobster Sushi was sumptuous ( large portions) and very well made. The team was super kind and suggested a lovely Gin cocktail ( Think it was the Wabi Sabi special ) though it had a bit too much of ice for my liking. They also sent a heavenly Truffle scented Edamame plate ( MUST try) and some Gyozas ( Decent ). Very intuitive service and overall a great experience.

Date of visit: July 2021
TheOberoiBengaluru, General Manager at Wabi Sabi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

Dear pinochyotravels25

It was a delight to welcome you at Wabi Sabi.

I was extremely moved by your review. The detailing and nuances of your observations and the many names that you remembered and mentioned, left us all spellbound and delighted! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Such feedback is true testimony to our team and make all our effort in turning Szechwan Court to Wabi Sabi worthwhile.

I have shared your gracious comments with the entire team and they are delighted to learn that they could make your experience a unforgettable one.

We have noted your preference for less ice in your beverages and are grateful to you for highlighting this to us.

Many thanks once again for this wonderful review and your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you many more times.

Reviewed 21 July 2021

Wabi-Sabi is synonymous with my idea of a celebration. I love everything about this restaurant- the ambience, the very modern decor, the breathtaking Bonsai plants and most importantly, the absolutely sumptuous food!

Of the many times I have eaten here, I'd like to mention that I have always left feeling very satisfied.

My top favorite dishes to order are: the Peking duck and the outstanding pork belly- definitely the best I've ever eaten. I have also thoroughly enjoyed the trio crème brulee and the mushroom chocolate, which is the perfect dessert if you're looking for that element of theatre that results in indulging in some sinful chocolate soon after. I think it's safe to say that, Heston Blumenthal would be impressed.

The staff is extremely helpful and attentive. I've eaten here a couple of times during the pandemic and I've always noticed strict adherence to Covid protocol which is a huge relief to diners. Special thanks to Rana who helped me a lot the last time I visited.

What else is there to say? I absolutely love this restaurant and I don't think anyone would ever be dissatisfied after dining here.

Date of visit: April 2021
TheOberoiBengaluru, General Manager at Wabi Sabi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2021

Dear Ms. Uday,

It was a delight to welcome you at Wabi Sabi.

Wabi Sabi – our modern Asian restaurant promises legendary Oberoi hospitality in a thoughtfully designed interiors and carefully curated menu. Resonating your thoughts, Wabi Sabi is the place to dine in Bengaluru. I have shared your encouraging review of our desserts to our pastry chef and your gracious comment on pleasing Heston Blumenthal! It is big.

I have shared your gracious comments with the entire team including Rana at the restaurant and they are delighted to learn that they could make your experience a unforgettable one.

Many thanks once again for this wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you many more times.

Visheshwar Raj Singh Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2021

The ambiance is excellent and staff are staff is so friendly. The food is excellent. Strongly recommended

Date of visit: July 2021
TheOberoiBengaluru, General Manager at Wabi Sabi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Dear 282anishas,

Greetings from The Oberoi, Bengaluru.

It was wonderful to welcome you to Wabi Sabi.

Thank you very much for the positive review that you have shared with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted that we could contribute positively to your dining experience. I have shared your generous compliments with the team and they were happy to note that they were able to create beautiful memories for you.

Look forward to welcoming you back many more times.