The White Hotels
US$43
US$67
US$57
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvivek sharmavalley viewtikkaduty managerfive star hoteljai mata diswimming poolexcellent hotelwelcome drinkplace to stayvegetarian foodthe hotel staffmaa vaishnodeviin room diningthe hotel offerscourteous staffban ganga
Reviewed 19 April 2018

The hotel has all great rooms, clean and comfy. The staff is very helpful and courteous. Everyone is always willing to help. We had a an early morning check in and they were very prompt even in that hour. Only the taxi pick up took some time to reach the railway station in the morning, but was manageable wait.
Breakfast is very tasty, limited options but all was fresh and tasteful.
Don't think twice for booking this hotel.

Room Tip: back side rooms have a very nice view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was recommended by a relative.

Turns out it is probably the WORST experience ever I will ever have to live through in my life

- a day before we arrived, a mail appeared saying “there are repairs going on in the hotel lobby”. When I called and asked why they could not have told me earlier, the lady made some silly excuse. I asked what the highest floor was that I could stay in to avoid the noise... she said “your going to stay on the 3rd floor because that’s your grade”
- when we arrived, the lobby was in a MESS. Stone cutting everywhere, dust covering everything. They guy who came up with us along with our bags had dusty footprints that he carried into the room.
- due to the constant drilling, we were forced to eat lunch cooped up in our rooms. The restaurant is at the lobby level.
- WIFI is not free. The login is PER DEVICE and hold your breath : 16 digits of login code and 7 digits of passwords. Even FBI would have an easier wifi
- As I write this at 735 pm, the stone cutting continues. The lobby manager told me that repairs stop at 6 but that was a lie. I guess dinner will be in our room also
- When I threatened to write this review (which I have done), the manager came up offering me a suite on the 6th floor to stay in! This is classic Indian management style : torture the consumer until he can’t take it anymore. If he squeals, give him a toffee.

Please don’t stay here.

Jai Mata Di.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
vivek_5251, General Manager at The White Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Sir,
Greetings !
First of all sincere apologies for the inconvenience . We regret for the same. Yes there was renovation work going in the lobby area and as rightly said that we informed you the same through the mail 2 days prior ( 15th April). We would have informed you earlier also but we were expecting the work to get over on your arrival , but in got extended further for 3-4 days .( I agree that its not a concern of the Guest).
Our Reservation Manager informed you the same telephonically also after sending the mail and took your consent.After your arrival we tried to give you the best room and even we stopped the ongoing work on your request , offered you the room on the higher floor to avoid the disturbance of the sound . We tried everything for your satisfaction fallowing our Indian traditions "ATITHI DEVO BHAVA".( Guest is God ).However we again regret for the inconvenience and look forward to see you soon and assure you the best of our services.
Warm Regards
VIvek

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed two nights with my wife for our trip to vaishno Devi. Amazing hotel. Amazing staff who looked after us... Treated us so well. In house restaurant is also the best restaurant in katra. 5 mins away from the centre and a few more from base camp of the mandir.

Will definetly come and stay again. Hotel was also being renovated so will continue to get better.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I booked another hotel initially. But when i saw white hotel my mouth watered. After spending 1 night at the old hotel I shifted to white hotel. The food quality excellent. Also the only place in entire Katra where you get onion and garlic prepped meals. Rooms spick and span. Bathrooms clean and hygienic. Only thing I was taken aback by was the fact the hotel charges you for pick up and drop off to Katra's Jewel Fountain. My initial hotel took me ten times a day and never charged even once. Overall if you can afford it is the best place to stay for your pilgrimage.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I visit the vaishno Devi shrine every year. And have always stayed at this hotel since it has opened. The staff is very courteous, the ambience is great, food is fantastic. The rooms are well maintained. Plus, the location is extremely central yet away from the hustle bustle, thanks to the winding road that leads to the main porch. All in all, it’s great place to come back and relax after a hectic day.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family