2,026 results
All reviews stayed at le meridien sandy bottom overwater bungalow french polynesia koi pond grocery store le carre restaurant la plantation pool bar fish windstar cruise other islands free wifi in the lobby per person hotel shuttle the main hotel white sand
Reviewed 24 October 2018

First off, I am a SPG/Marriott SPG Elite Member. Prior to our trip, we read the tripadvisor reviews and still decided to stay here. My husband and I stayed here before and after a 5 night stay at the St. Regis Bora Bora.

Our first stay at Le Meridien was uneventful, the food was terrible (the pasta tasted like Chow Mein) other than that, we didn't expect much from the property and didn't even bother to tell them it was our honeymoon since we were on our way to St. Regis.

Our second stay was where we were really disappointed in the property. When we arrived after Bora Bora, we wanted a relaxing last night in Tahiti before our flight... however they were hosting Mr. Tahiti, and until 11pm we can hear all the shouting, horns, and music from our room... there was actually no location on the property where you couldn't hear the noise and therefore ruined our last night before going home.

In addition to the noise, our room was dirty there was coffee stains on the desk and oil stains on the night stand. The only thing the hotel did was to send someone to wipe it down.... but shouldn't this stuff be clean before we checked in? Who know what else was not cleaned.

Zero SPG platinum recognition. There is a desk at reception for SPG Gold/Platinum check in, however I have never seen any employees at that desk and the second night was arrived the desk was used to sell Mr Tahiti tickets. I raised this with the hotel staff the follow day (because I had to wait in line) and he told me it is all the same... why do I bother achieving SPG platinum status to not get any recognition.

The last straw was check out. The entire time, the hotel employees were chatting to each other (in french) and totally ignored us. The second they completed their check out procedures it was like we no longer existed. No one ask us if we wanted to get a taxi to the airport or help with our luggage. Luckily we had asked the taxi driver who dropped us off the previous day to pick us up and he helped us get our luggage in to the taxi. This was not a particular busy time for the hotel.

Honestly, the service is terrible, the food is terrible, the employees are sloppy (the breakfast servers has so many stains on their clothing, I immediately lost my appetite).

If I were to come to Tahiti again, I would stay at the Intercontinental (which we stayed for one night before going to Moorea). The Intercontinental is a renovated travelodge, and that is still better than Le Meridien.

This Le Meridien location is at best an Aloft or Four Points.

Room tip: No good rooms, they all have a disgusting view of this platform above the dining area.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank seanstar2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spend 2 days in this hotel, the first day we arrived to French Polynesia and the last one as we visited other islands.
Not up to Le Meridien standards in other countries. Rooms are out of date as the bathrooms.
Reception looks abandoned and it’s supposed to be some kind of lake over some roof and it’s empty and dirty.
Staff and the reception were extra helpful and nice.
Staff at the restaurant downstairs were outstanding, very kind and professional.
Staff at the bar and at the restaurant further, near the water were ‘bah’ and even rude.
The swimming pool is dirty, you can see the water full of sun protective creams and oils and the beach is small.
Over water villas were under construction.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

We stayed here before and after a scheduled cruise around French Polynesia. Room was good and modern. Same with bathroom. One thing the property lacked (which I was surprised for a modern resort) was an exercise room. Overall the staff was kind and attentive and the rooms modern and clean.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I was booked here thru work and was given a suite. I was very impressed. I arrived late in the evening and after a couple of long flights to get here is is nice to see the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the room. The next morning is walked around the grounds and this place looks great. But keep in mind it is not cheap but as they say you get what you pay for. I would definitely use this place for private travels

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Came to this hotel for dinner before the airport.
Dinner at Carre .. the beach side restaurant was not pleasant. The man serving our Pinot Grigio was most displeased that we wanted our white wine cold. Muttering something indecipherable as he begrudgingly plunked the offending bottle into a bucket of ice.
Dinner was expensive and not worth a meal at half the price.
The hotel is old and in need of extensive repairs to the common areas, sidewalks and pool. The pool water was murky.
So happy that we did not need to spend a night here