Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

This place appears to have absconded with my $2,500FD, along with others' (see reservations.com). Recently, they contacted me, thanked me for being patient with refund (10 months after I asked for it!), and then asked for my banking info to send me my refund! Needless to say, I did not send it. I said they could issue me a refund to the credit card...Not seen it yet. BE VERY CAREFUL.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkSS1
Reviewed 26 November 2020

Wananavu is not the most posh resort that you will find in Fiji, a place synonymous with luxury but it is certainly one of the warmest welcomes that you will find. It oozes charm, character and relaxation and provides excellent value for money. I booked direct for the best deal.

We also felt like we had experienced a slice of the local culture and hospitality rather than going to a hotel that we felt could be anywhere in the tropics. In comparison, we spent a night before flying out at the Westin Denarau, and whilst it was perfectly nice. It didn't feel particularly Fijian.

Location:
The drive from Nadi is pretty breathtaking. Unlike hotels on other islands, you can rent a car and take yourself rather than having to catch another flight.

The hotel is near to Raki Raki, a small town in the North of Viti Levu, the main island in Fiji. This is not an area populated with hotels and so outside of the hotel the tourist amenities are limited. But don't let that stop you. Raki Raki is a great town, with a vibrant market (wonderful street food), some interesting little shops and local bakeries.

Service:
Every member of staff (without exception) was attentive, friendly and helpful. With it being a small hotel, you quickly get to know one another.

Because it is a small place, there aren't people waiting on you at every corner, so you will generally need to go and get your drinks from the bar but that was fine by us.

Facilities:
Being a small hotel, don't expect lots of extra facilities, but I can attest to the pool being a delightful spot for a cooling swim and a cheeky G&T. The beach area was also a calming place for a read from the swinging hammocks. Though it isn't the sweeping sands of many a brochure, we loved it's cove-esque intimacy.

We had massages and facial while we were there and that service was again excellent. It's in a small enclave at the top of the hotel site, no extras such as jacuzzis etc, just a treatment room but the treatments themselves and expertly delivered by a very friendly lady. The prices are also very reasonable.

Food and Drink:
We did not opt for the all inclusive option as we tend to have breakfast (which is included in the room rate) late and then skip lunch on holiday. All the additional food and drink was really very reasonably priced and it all worked out in the end. Try the coffee rum in particular, it s delicious end of the night tipple.

The food itself was generally really delicious. The chef made different dishes every night so there was variety. I am a vegetarian and I was never lacking in options. Much like the hotel as a whole, it was good quality without being overly flashy.

The Diving:

OUT OF THIS WORLD! There is a very professionally run diving centre on site and the location of Wananavu provides for the most magnificent diving experience. The array of soft corals in particular was breath taking and the rock formations are spectacular, making for a fish filled and colourful experience.

I could go on, but I won't. You need to experience Wananavu for yourself.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Lucie B
Reviewed 27 August 2020

We had planned to say in April and May and had put down a deposit. I had emailed many times like the folks below asking for a refund and Beto also told us that he would check with the billing department and then no response after that. Also in the booking process the communication was awful and it took forever to get us the price for the right amount of rooms with diving and food and it felt like we were pulling teeth to get the info instead of helpful responses and making us feel like they wanted us to stay there.. Now I am out $1500 deposit and no response from the resort. I am willing to update this review if they get back to me and provide my deposit.

Date of stay: May 2020
5  Thank Snoobles
Reviewed 15 July 2020

Still waiting for our promised refund from March along with others!!! No way to run a business not replying to anyone. We did the transaction while you were still open, so no excuse. Also spoke to a staff member at the time to make sure you had received the cancellation, which you had. Just had to go to accounts, yeah right!!

Date of stay: April 2020
2  Thank Penny M
Reviewed 6 March 2020

A lovely location with such nice scenes.surrounded by nature I.e trees and water .beautiful ocean.
Rooms are ok but it's dark and gloomy .Not appealing at all.Staffs are smiling and friendly but lack service like we had to ask for stuffs around the resort whilst a day trip to volivoli we were taken around the resort and shown what all services are available there.That counts an excellent service
For food at wananavu not so good to match its prices.breakfast same fruits and same menu with lack of varities.i guess they can do much better.Id say volivoli has better choices and delicious meals .
Location of wananavu superb.very beautiful place but few places they can offer better service.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Beato Dulunaqio, General Manager at Wananavu Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2020

Bula Vindhya,

Thank you for your comments, we will defiantly look into those point you have raised.

Vinaka,