5 people are viewing this hotel
No prepayment needed
$220
Get rewarded with One Key
1,142 results
All reviews garden bure private pool vuda marina low tide foot island day trip fiji time cooked breakfast spa bath outdoor shower sleeping giant fish feeding fijian experience coral coast new zealand fire dancers nadi airport
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2022 via mobile

We just stayed 3 nights here (so wish it was longer!) and I can’t rate it highly enough! The staff were 10/10 - incredibly welcoming and friendly and made us feel like this was our new home. I really can’t praise the staff highly enough.
I’m absolutely shocked at some of the negative reviews and can promise that First Landing does not deserve the negativity. I’ve decided that the negative reviews are from two types of people 1. Those unhappy people that are always dissatisfied with something 2. People that are a costumed to a 5-star lifestyle and expect everywhere to deliver to their very high 5-star standards. Now fiji is a developing country - there is severe poverty in parts and they rely heavily on tourism to survive - COVID hit them very hard. The beauty of First Landing is that there are options to suit different budgets. The villas with private pool are of course stunning but there’s a price tag associated with them. We stayed in the studio apartment with semi private pool which was lovely. I had a walk around the bures and some of the beach front bures are right on the beach, with an expansive deck and hammock. Literally your own little paradise. Do note some are set back from the beach. I note people have commented on the bures being ‘dated’ - they’re not supposed to be fancy - it’s typical island life.
The main pool is great - with 2 sail shades. I thought the food was good and reasonably priced. The night entertainment was fabulous and there was live beautiful music playing early evening. The views over the sea, and sunsets, are wonderful.

If you want 5 star luxurious accommodation, you may as well be anywhere, but part of being in fiji is being in their world, without Netflix and ondemand channels. Being on ‘fiji time’ without the stress of city life, deadlines, timetables etc. remove your watch and just ‘be’.

I am planning my next trip here next year, with my parents and children this time and can’t wait to experience First Landing’s hospitality.

Now, if you want 5 star hotel accommodation and loads of different restaurants and pools and lots of people and noise then definitely don’t stay here. But if you want a more intimate setting. amazing staff, happy people, relaxation, water, good food, good entertainment, then I can’t recommend this resort highly enough.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelBug_KAJ
Reviewed 29 November 2022

Loved the atmosphere the staff here have a great vibe. Away from the pool area there are beach lounges and hammocks to lay and relax. The restaurants Kokoda was a favourite. We had an ocean view spa bure and the view was fantastic. The Warrior show was a lot of fun and a highlight.

Room tip: great location if you don't want to go too far from Nadi, several different types of accomodation options
Date of stay: November 2022
1  Thank NikkyD_13
Reviewed 26 November 2022

We had dinner at the restaurant while staying at a neighboring resort. They were hosting a wedding in the main restaurant so we were accommodated in the lower restaurant.
It was worth making a reservation for dinner as it was a busy Saturday night with live entertainment and we got a good table. Unfortunately the music from the wedding completely overshadowed the singers in our part of the resort. The dancers had a better show as they brought a decent sound system. Their fire dance turned out to be the best one on our trip. It was exceptionally well done.

The food was good, even though we had to change our selections due to some items not being available. Be warned though, they make the absolute worse Pina Colada I have ever had (and I've had many in many different island bars!!!). It was sooooo far off the mark that it should not be on their bar menu and can only be described as pineapple concentrate over ice - pretty gross.

Date of stay: November 2022
Reviewed 2 November 2022 via mobile

Went to First Landing Resort after a 12 Night stay at Mana Island Resort & Spa.
Transferred from South Sea Cruisers to Tawaka Shuttle Transfer.
Arrived at First Landing at 4pm.
For a 5 night stay & Checked In.
Dropped the bags off to the room.
Was impressed with the Deluxe Garden Bure
Always needs different maintenance on the Bures but we bypass that due to Covid for the last 18months and usually only skeleton staff at resorts during that time
Looked around the resort
Had Drinks. Watched a wedding, Had Dinner.
Finished up and went back to the Delux Garden Bure started unpacking.
Decided to have a shower turned on the hot water and not one drop on the outdoor shower.
Turned on the Bath & Shower inside and no Hot Water. Turned on the Bathroom Sink no Hot Water.
Turned on the kitchenette sinks Taps, no Hot Water.
Thought to myself, I've booked into an Eco resort.
Went down to the Front Reception.
Asked does Hot Water come with the Bures as I've never stayed anywhere else with just cold water and if that's the case I'd like local rate.
I was assured there is Hot Water but it hasnt been working since we checked in.
While we were waiting to fix the water, the wife was talking to the other Deluxe Garden Bure Occupants and they were told they hadn't had Hot water since 8am that morning.
Want back down and asked for Duty Manager.
He came to the Bure said it will be fixed by 8pm.
I said if it's not we'd like an upgrade or a room that can give us a Hot Shower. He said the resort was booked out. 8pm arrived no Hot water, gave them till 9pm. 9pm arrived and no hot water. Said you have till 10pm or we are transferring to another resort and we asked to speak to the Operations Manager. We did talk to Mary the Opetations Manager we told her our intentions and she asked could we just stay till the morning.
We said No, if there is No Hot Water. there is absolutely no reason for us to stay and we said this situation was like this before we checked into the Room. We asked for a Full Refund if we had to leave, in which she reluctantly but fully agreed to.
We should have been told and either directed us to where we could get a decent shower till the situation was rectified. It's mainly a wedding ceremony Resort where we aren't required to stay or have to stay due to a wedding.
As while we were waiting for 10pm to arrive, we organised a local to Transfer us to Tokatoka that night if Hot Water didn't eventuate. Well it didn't happen 10pm came, Operations Manager asked again to stay till morning we said no. We settled our dinner and drinks in cash that night.
Transferred to Tokatoka at 11:15pm.
Got back to Australia to Organise Flight Centre to get our Full Refund because we had emailed prior about the situation.
First Landing charged us for 1 night as they told Expedia & Flight Centre that we stayed till Morning. I checked into Tokatoka at 11:30pm.
I've sent all paperwork proving we didn't stay the night but they're sticking to their story that we checked out at 9:15am the next morning.
So far we still haven't received our Full Refund as Promised by Mary, Operations Manager First Landing Resort.

Room tip: Great Food, Great Bar Staff. Check Hot Water. and your whole Bure for any concerns before exploring.
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank doch777
Reviewed 31 October 2022

Just got back from 8 nights stay at First Landing and loved it. The location is great, just 20 minutes drive from Nadi airport, and the grounds were stunning. The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful. Big thanks especially to Joe and Bex for making us feel welcome and at home. Would definitely recommend. Hope to come back soon.

Date of stay: October 2022