Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Li P

Ben and Li’s 10 year anniversary trip

Review of Turtle Island
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 May 2024
Talking about Kava. It’s the most magical root plant on earth in my opinion. It was harvested from the roots of a tree and the older the tree is , the stronger the Kava will be. We’ve drank kava for five night straight, starting from 3 a night to 10 tsunamis on Friday. It comes in three different sizes, low tide, high tide and tsunami. It makes your tongue numb a little bit and it tastes like medicine. But you know what ? The best part is that I slept like a baby which never happened for the last seven years since I had William, my oldest son. I wish Kava can be introduced more in US. I truly believe in its power to bring people back to nature and improve the sleep quality in the most natural way, not by drinking alcohol or medication.

Bill is the manager of operations on Turtle Island. He looks serious most of the time. And I can tell that he has millions of thoughts in his head because his mission is to make the guests happy. I also believe that he is playing a big role on this island like a father to lots of the younger staff. They all respect him very much.

Mama Lo is our Bura 7’s mama. She is a quiet person and doesn’t talk too much. But I can tell that she has the warmest heart and takes care of her Bura families very thoughtfully. She seems super patient with every single request that we put out there. And she tries her best to meet our needs. We have danced together so much on Friday night. And It’s sad and unfortunate that we are leaving the next day. Mama Lo has four kids and she is divorced. Luckily she has her sister who can help taking care of the kids when she is away from them. We will be back mama Lo. We won’t make you waiting for long.

Turtle island asks their employees to work 5 weeks and the gives them one week off. During the family time, the island will be shut down since all employees are sent home to enjoy time with their families. The island owner, Richard, has done such an incredible job taking care of the Fiji community and his staff. Everyone here are beyond happy.

Jerry and Inia are the funniest guys on the island. Both of them have great smiles, especially great at the “Kava Smile” after drinking the typhoon bowl of Kava. It was hilarious!
Inia was the guy who picks us up from the ferry. He also took us to the Butterfly reefs for snorkeling.
Jerry has a lot of knowledge and history of the island. He jokes a lot and makes himself a very fun person to hangout with.
Erami feels like a big uncle to me. He is always so warm and carries big smiles on his face. He teaches us the first rule on the island, which is “Kip smiling”. I love the optimism the entire island brings. He is going to be 55 on May 12th, 2024. It’s Mother’s Day on the 12th and all man will cook for the women. I don’t know if I want to eat food on the island that day. Luckily, we are leaving on the 11th.

Mere, there is no better song like “You are the sunshine , the only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray “ to describe the greatest character you have.

Last but not the least, our fishman of the week, Micah, has helped us caught a yellowfin tuna. Everyone enjoyed it. So as me who loves sashimi and sushi. Micah is like a big brother I’ve never had. I can’t wait to be back to catch our next 100 lbs fish that I lost this time.

Tracey, one of my favorite Bura friends who stayed in Bura 8, once said that Sera is the Fiji queen. I couldn’t agree with her more. She always greets me in the cafeteria every morning with the biggest smile on her face and a small kiss on my cheek and a warmest hug. It was the best smile I could ever get every morning and the best part is that I got tons of energy to start my day with.

There are so many staffs that greet us every day with Bula bula and the big smiles. Unfortunately, I don’t remember all of their names. But when I come back next time, I hope to get to know each one of you.

I believe the cocktail and dinner time is the smartest idea for getting people together. Unlike other resorts, we are “forced” to sit down at the same table together and talk to our neighbors of the day. It’s a great way to make friends and we have never missed a day and we will never miss the opportunity to meet more people in the future when we come back.

I’ve seen many many beautiful places in China and US. But nothing is nearly comparable with this Turtle Island. What makes this place unique is the people here. Your hospitality, your happiness and your power of love are the most inspiring and memorable things here. There’s no other place on earth that deserves to be called our second home than here. I wrote this from the bottom of my heart.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Island Manager, General Manager at Turtle Island, responded to this review
Responded 5 weeks ago
Bula Ben & Li,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay and the unique charm of Turtle Island. Your kind words about our staff and the special moments you had mean a lot to us. We can’t wait to welcome you back! Sota tale! Love your Turtle Island Family
$332
    • Vio.com
      $331
    30.6 km from Turtle Island
    Restaurant
    Arieal view with the majestic mountain tops providing one of the most scenic backdrops. Waya Island Resort, Yasawa Islands, Fiji
    $1,270
      $1,205
    46.2 km from Turtle Island
      48.4 km from Turtle Island
      View more hotels in Nanuya Levu
      All reviews bure mama private beach other guests our honeymoon new friends fijian staff communal table deep sea fishing sea plane fijian culture the entire staff welcome home long beach picnic lunch once in a lifetime lobster magical place
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 30 April 2024

This is the experience of a lifetime for seasoned travelers. It is a one-of-a-kind experience which emerges you in the 4,000-year-old history of the Figi people. The Island itself is an amazing story and one of the most beautiful places on earth. All while doing it in first class luxury! This was our second trip and the friendships you make will last a lifetime.

Room tip: It is the South Pacific, bring your bug spray, lots of it, and the strong stuff. Despite, the bugs it will be the trip of a lifetime.
      Date of stay: April 2024
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Island Manager, General Manager at Turtle Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2024

Bula George & Kathi,
      Thank you for your wonderful review! We are honored to be your home away from home. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon! Sota tale! Love your Turtle Island Family

Reviewed 6 April 2024

It was everything we hoped for and much more. The staff truly treats you like close family. The food is outstanding , the bure was beautiful and spacious . The island is beautiful and the view from your bure is like you would see in a movie.

Date of stay: April 2024
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Review collected in partnership with this hotel
      Island Manager, General Manager at Turtle Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2024

Bula Dean & Cathy,
      Thank you deeply for your heartwarming review. We are overjoyed to hear that your experience exceeded expectations. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Turtle Island whenever you are ready for another unforgettable adventure. Sota tale! Love your Turtle Island Family

Reviewed 6 April 2024

Literally the best vacation I have ever had, and it will be very hard to top as this place became home and the people have become a part of my family. Thank you for a very memorable time. We fished almost everyday as that is one of our favorite hobbies! Miss you all already!

Date of stay: March 2024
      • Trip type: Travelled with family
      1  Thank Arlene C

Bula Arlene & Nate,
      Thank you so much for sharing your incredible experience at Turtle Island on TripAdvisor. It brings us immense joy to read that your stay with us was the best vacation you have ever had and that our little slice of paradise felt like home. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our island paradise in the future. Until then, may your memories of Turtle Island continue to bring you joy and warmth wherever your travels may take you. Sota tale! Love your Turtle Island Family

Reviewed 27 March 2024

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Turtle Island to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary, and to say the trip far exceeded our expectations is a gross understatement. We found TRUE paradise, and we are still feeling the love in our hearts from the most amazing staff of people on an island whose superior beauty is exceeded only by the beauty of the people working there We didn't read any reviews or do any research before we left. Our daughter and her boyfriend were guests last November, and they returned from their trip saying "you need to go to Turtle Island!" We took their word, as well as the word from every friend, acquaintance, or stranger we met who had also been there. The advice is unanimous. This is the best vacation you will ever take. And it is worth every penny.
      From the moment you land and meet Maggy and Peter and their warm smiles at the Nadi airport, you know you are getting the best care possible.
      Once you arrive on the island, Bill, Bale, Mere, and their amazing group of staff welcome you with open arms and you feel immediately like you have returned to your loving family. The joy and love you feel from their smiles, their music, and their warm hugs is infectious. No surprise, this feeling of love and acceptance spreads amongst you and the other guests as well throughout your stay.
      The entire staff (all amazing, hard working Fijian locals from the nearby islands) take such incredible care of your every need. The accommodations of your personal "Bure" are spacious, clean, comfortable, and in a word, perfect in every way!!
      While I personally loved the beautiful, big shower, private jacuzzi, comfortable bed and day bed on the porch, and dual toilets, I must say the amazing cookie jar that our Mama Laveti replenished daily with the best cookies and brownies was a personal favorite! Your private Bure is of course on the beach with an incredible view of the spectacular Blue Lagoon!! You can walk out and swim or snorkel any time of day in the warm, clear, blue waters right at your doorstep.
      During your stay, your own personal Bure "Mama" or "Papa" is taking care of all of your needs (even needs you didn't know you had!) both behind the scenes as well as with you when you take daily trips by boat or cart to private beaches and excursions. I could literally go on an on with how amazing this trip was, how special the people are, and how well worth the price is for this once in a lifetime experience!! But since I am back at home and back to reality (greatly missing my "Mama" and the staff who cooked and cared for us, the best food we have ever had, I might add!), I instead need to sign off and return to my daily chores and responsibilities at home. I will leave this review with the final note that we can't wait to go back, we now understand why so many guests from Turtle Island return again and again, and Sota Tale Turtle Isand!!! ( See you again soon!) Vinaka Turtle Island staff for this life changing vacation!!

Date of stay: March 2024
      • Trip type: Travelled solo
      Island Manager, General Manager at Turtle Island, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2024

Bula Kaysie & Gary,

Thank you from the depths of our hearts for sharing your incredible experience at Turtle Island. Your words filled us with warmth and gratitude.

It is truly heartening to hear that your stay at Turtle Island exceeded your expectation. Your description of Turtle Island as a heaven of paradise and your appreciation for our exceptional staff brought smiles to our faces.

Thank you once again for choosing Turtle Island for your special celebration. Your appreciation means the world to us, and we can't wait to welcome you home again soon. Sota tale! Love your Turtle Island Family

Reviewed 20 March 2024 via mobile

It was my second time visiting this wonderful Island and my boyfriend’s first. I was very excited to introduce him to the lovely people I remembered so well.

The day we landed my boyfriend proposed so it became a very special engagement trip! I do miss the photo albums that were provided in 2012 along with the leather luggage tags. We had a total of 5 photos provided and they did not really showcase our trip. Those small details from the first trip meant a lot and I hope they consider doing them again.

All in all it was very nice to be back with our Turtle Family!

Date of stay: July 2023
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Island Manager, General Manager at Turtle Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2024

Bula Nikki,
      What an incredibly special moment to share with us - your engagement! Congratulations to you both again.
      Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience of your trip . We understand how those small touches added to the magic of your experience. Sota tale! Love your Turtle Island Family