All reviews solar powered lights great diving dive master world class fish cats and dogs mosquito net boat captain hot water secluded bay lush rainforest cookies paddle boarding the great white wall beachfront location cabbage patch food was amazing
Reviewed 25 April 2017

The location is amazing. A beautiful, calm and secluded bay. The snorkelling on the house reef is great and the calm waters meant paddleboarding was also enjoyable. The diving was absolutely incredible! I stayed in one of the tents which was basic but great value and also enjoyable if you like camping. Only downside for me was that I found the food portions on the small side and breakfast should have included a bit more fruit (rather than mostly toast). But I still loved my stay!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Bula vinaka,
Thank you so much for your review and the kind words. I just wanted to note that our meals are all you can eat, breakfast as well, there is continental type and full breakfast, plus a small menu on the table for eggs and such things. You just have to ask for it. I am very sorry if this was not made clear to you on your check in. Please accept our apologies...May be we can make it up to you some time:-)
We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

My husband Mike and I didn't actually stay at the resort, but think the diving there is amazing. We dived with Roland a couple of years ago, so when we were in the area again, we wanted to go back. We were staying on Taveuni and did a day trip to Dolphin Bay: two dives, morning coffee, and lunch. Roland is an excellent Dive Master; very competent, cheerful, and has a really good knowledge of Rainbow Reef. With just the three of us in the water, it was a very personalised memorable experience: unreservedly recommended. The reef is world class; on our last visit we dived the Great White Wall: like Wow! Very much looking forward to more great diving there.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Manager at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Thank you! Hopefully we will see you next time!

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Thanks Rolland and Zoe for making our stay so wonderful. We were only there a short time to teach first aid and didn't dive to the best dive sites so close to your wonderful hospitality. We loved the beautiful beach and the intimate and relaxing eating area and the private bure. We did get to snorkel out the front though on a great house reef with all of the tropical fish you would expect to see in paradise. We will be back and stay longer for pleasure next time . Well done and thank you for letting us teach to some of your staff and assist a local charity.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Bula guys,
We loved to have you and thank you for spending the time and teaching! MAy be we will see you for some fun time sometime:-)
Roland, Zoe, Kathy, well everyone:-)

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Everything was just wonderful! My partner enjoyed the diving and I was spoiled with massages! If travelling with a non-diving partner this is the place to go. The food was healthy and very tasty. Roland and Viola are perfect hosts, and their staff made us feel like we were part of the family. Accommodation is basic but remember this is a remote island that you reach by boat, they work with a generator and use rain water, which makes it all even more amazing given the circumstances. We had the perfect holiday: my partner did many dives, including a night dive, and I had a lovely relaxing time, I even got over my fear of water and learned to snorkel! The Christmas lovo dinner was so special, and we even had a group of people singing Fijian and Christmas songs for us. Thank you Viola, Roland and everyone at Dolphin Bay, we will visit you again at your new location! Love from Ioana and Chris

Room Tip: Bures have their own toilet and shower, tents have access to shared toilet and showering blocks.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2017

Bula you two!
Thank you for the nice review. We love having you and especially enjoyed your first snorkel...thanks Alice !!!! Hope you will keep it up! May be we shall see you in our new place!
It was great having you!
Viola and everyone!

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Pick up mic, continue: If you're looking for a super romantic couples getaway this is it--remote, no roads, leave your room unlocked, on the beach, etc. And if you're a diver this is it--two of the best diving site sin the world (The Great White Wall and The Rainbow Reef) are just 5-10 minutes from the lagoon. The Dive operation is the best I've been to for a couple of reasons: The equipment was all new and up to date and like all good dive operations DBR was over-the-top fanatical about safety and procedures but they weren't in your face about it which was really refreshing. We timed our stay just right so the currents, visibility, calm, light, everything worked in our favor so that we were able to do two dives on The Great White Wall as well as Rainbow Passage and The Purple Wall. The colors, open coral, reef, abundance of species and fish were incredible and like no other diving experience. It was definitely a bucket-list dive trip that hadn't made it on my list yet but should be on yours!

Other reasons to stay here: Whenever you have a pinnacle experience look to the leadership and then from there to everyone around you'll see why. Roland and Viola are beautiful, interesting, intelligent, engaging, accommodating, and it was like that with everyone we met from food service to office to dive staff, boat captain and room keeping. The food was incredible and healthy. And the other guests were amazing--we had some of the best dinner conversations I've had in years!

We stayed in Manta and although there was no AC we didn't need it and were glad we didn't have it. There's a fan and a mosquito net over and surrounding the bed so no bugs bit but being able to have the louvers open and listen to the waves rolling gently in, the crickets, all of it and for this time of year it was perfect.

This place is awesome!!!! Thanks!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whispersthat W
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Vinaka Vaka Levu! We will certainly pass your review on to our staff! Thanks for staying with us and hopefully we will see back in our new place!