Garden Island Resort(Taveuni Island)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$164
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Maravu Taveuni Lodge(Matei)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$35
  • Pool
Paradise Taveuni(Taveuni Island)
US$471
US$368
  • Breakfast included
Sau Bay Fiji Retreat(Waiyevo)(Great Value!)
US$586
US$315
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat(Taveuni Island)(Great Value!)
US$43
HotelsClick
US$1,097
Aroha Taveuni(Taveuni Island)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdive resortsolar powerrainbow reeffishlunch and dinner specialsan excellent instructorfox restaurantexcellent local knowledgelocal marine lifewonderful couplethe great white wallgreat divingstrong currentsspecial thanksthe reefssoft coralsthe open air restaurant
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Accommodations: The burre I stayed in was lovely. Basically a one room unit with lots of open space. Fabulous open concept shower. The grounds are beautiful! and landscaping here is perfect. all native tropical species. everything is laid out as it should be, with variety and colour! beautiful flowers and lots of fruit trees. like papaya, pineapple, coconut, and soursop. Very eco friendly. The chef is accomplished at creating amazing culinary treats. Everyone who works here is a gem.The pace is slow and relaxed.
the diving on Rainbow Reef is some of the best I've ever seen. The owners are present daily; wonderfully accommodating and friendly.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Fred B, Manager at Taveuni Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the great review, and thanks for the feedback -- it is really important to us that you had a good time.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Where do we begin - this resort is cozy, quaint, romantic, is located close to the water. The rooms are elegant and purposefully designed for a memorable stay from the layout to the toiletries in the room. Each room has a theme and it represents a dive spot in the world renown Somosomo Straights and Rainbow Reef. The owners, Carl and Muriel, are lovely and are divers so they have paid attention to every detail for a diver, snorkeler or traveler who just wants to get away and have a wonderful vacation. The chefs Aggie and Lisa are incredible - the food is delicious, unique and geared to anyone - even me who has numerous items I can't eat. The managers Calverne and Corina are dive instructors and manage the site day to day. They do an incredible job! The staff - Elana, Catarina, Emily, and so many more are friendly, fun and make your stay delightful. Then there are the dive masters and boat captains - Wise, Jerry, Joe, Alfred, Joelle who are so skilled - they make current diving doable and enjoyable. The corals are lush, the fish plentiful, the water clear and warm for diving and snorkeling. The big animals are incredible - sharks, mantas, pilot whales, dolphins! We have dove all over the world and this has moved into my #1 resort and dive location!

Room Tip: Our Yellow Tunnel room had a fabulous view of the water and sunsets.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you Terri and Todd!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I wish we could give 6 stars!!! We came to Taveuni Dive Resort because of the reviews about the reef diving on the island of Taveuni. The island is everything we expected from lush rainforest waterfall hikes to the most beautiful reef I have ever seen. What has made this trip even more special is the Taveuni Dive Resort. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, the staff treats you as you are family. The room is gorgeous, the food is wonderful and the personalized service is the best I have ever experienced at any hotel/resort. The dive masters and captains do a great job of selecting the best areas to dive each day based on winds, current, and visibility for both divers and snorkelers. Each crew member is right there to assist you with everything you need. From putting on your wet suit to removing your fins while still in the water, we did not have do lift a finger other than to enjoy our dive. Tonight the staff at the Dive Resort is treating us to a traditional Fujian dinner and the entire staff (including dive masters) will be singing to us. Our experience was so awesome that we paid additional fees to reschedule our flight giving us an extra day. If you are seeking natural beauty and Fijian hospitality away from tourists destinations, this is the place to go. This is a true paradise indeed!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Wow! We can’t say thank you enough. We are so glad you had a good time!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I had one of travels most unfortunate situations, my flight was canceled and I missed my connection. It sucks but if you travel enough it happens to everyone. Unfortunately this caused my arrival to be pushed back a day and unfortunately one day made all of the difference. There are no flights to Taveuni on Sundays or Tuesday and I was supposed to stay with Taveuni Dive Resort on Sunday and Monday. I spent $600 and the earliest I would be able to arrive at the hotel was at 17:00 on the second day of my stay and then leave at 07:00 the next morning.

I did what any reasonable person would, I altered my plans to make the most out of the situation and kept my head up. This is where the story can turn on one of two ways and what ultimately separates good hospitable people from selfish money-grabbers. As it happens Taveuni Dive Resorts falls into the later. After several attempts from Expedia contacting the resort, they finally received a concise but cold message that there was a 45 day cancellation policy, no exceptions. Mind you I only booked this the day my flight was canceled. Attempts by myself to reach out to the resort explaining that there was no reasonable way for me to get to the resort were met by crickets, nada, no response. Apparently this resorts only responsibility is to their bottom line.

When I think of a remote island getaway I think of sunshine, relaxation, hospitality. Unfortunately not all resorts and hotels prioritize those things. If this resort looks good to you, by all means book it, I hope you have an adventure of the life time. I just cannot personally recommend a place capable of showing so little empathy and lack of hospitality. They say Fiji is the happiest place in the world but you wouldn’t be able to tell that based on how this management team operates as human beings.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott M
Fred B, Manager at Taveuni Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Scott, I’m sorry that you missed your flight and were unable to make your trip. Unfortunately, we clearly state our 30-day cancellation policy with each of the booking agents we use. I’ll also note that this cancellation policy is not unique, rather it is standard in the industry. We always look for ways like arranging alternate dates for the guest's stay before charging a cancellation fee. This didn’t seem to work for you, and I apologize.

Finally, I’d always suggest reaching out to the resort directly if a guest needs to contact us in an emergency. We respond to inquiries with 24 hours of receiving them. Typically it’s quite fast, but Fiji internet can be occasionally spotty.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Excellent resort! Modern, clean, comfortable accommodations. Delicious food. Very skilled and helpful Fijian dive masters. Warm and welcoming staff. Friendly and experienced owners who are unhand every day. I couldn't ask for anything more. Stay here; you'll be happy you did.

The dives during our visit were challenging, with fast and variable currents, and a lot of particulate in the water due to recent rains. But the dive sites are really beautiful, with an array of both soft and hard corals unlike anyplace I'd visited before, and with a healthy and varied fish population. The dive masters really know the reefs and the currents, and they are very helpful, so I was always comfortable with the available support. Put this resort on your bucket list, and make sure you get there; you'll love it!

Stayed: April 2018
Fred B, Manager at Taveuni Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

I appreciate the review, and thanks for the feedback on the dives. Thanks for visiting!

Fred