All reviews robin and jim sunset bure taveuni ocean sports organic garden somosomo strait fish rainbow reef family bure marine life hummus banana bread passion fruit food was fantastic our honeymoon feel like family the entire staff personal attention
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We spent just over a week in this beautiful spot. Everyone we came into contact with including the dive team were exceptionaly lovely and friendly. The food was delicious and accomodation very comfortable. The staff all seemed very happy and well looked after making our luxurious stay all the more relaxing and enjoyable.
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank rhhssutherland
Reviewed 3 January 2017

My family spent four days at Nakia in the Somosomo bure and absolutely loved it! The bure was spotless, had everything we needed. The view from the porch was beautiful and we loved the double hammock overlooking the ocean. The food was fabulous, I only wish we could have stayed longer so I could try everything on the menu. The staff couldn't be more helpful. Frances took us to a natural waterslide and helped me across a rushing river to get to the waterslide. First place I've stayed that I can say the staff saved me from serious injury! Joyce was great, helping us plan activities and making sure we we always taken car of. I hope we get to return there someday.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank marthachriswoodward
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Our 13 nights at Nakia were lovely. All the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

The food is lovely, local, locally grown, and beautifully presented.

Bures are clean, spacious, and comfortable.

The island has many outdoor activities on offer; the Lavena Coastal walk is particularly nice.

Many thanks to Joyce and Julie!

Room Tip: The family bure is spacious and open plan. The second bedroom is also the living space. Great views too.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Nakia with my fiancé's family for four days and cannot say enough great things about it. We left just yesterday and here I am writing my first ever Trip Advisor review - it was that wonderful! The staff made us feel like family: from Jackie driving us to the resort, to friendly Aunt Joyce with her welcome speech and stories, Julie leading her beautiful dive shop, and Francis guiding us at the natural water slide (and literally carrying us across the water!). The food was excellent (the banana pancakes for breakfast and steak for dinner were my favorites), the grounds were immaculate, and the bure was so relaxing. The view cannot be beat. Snorkeling was also amazing and a must-do for non scuba divers like myself. Nakia family, thank you for everything!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2016

We are a couple from San Francisco and stayed in Nakia for 5 nights. and dove with Taveuni Ocean Sports for four days. We gave both the resort and Julie's dive shop 5-stars! Truely kind, warm, friendly people and well run operations.

We arrived in Taveuni airport after 20 hours of traveling through LAX and Nadi, pissed off and exhausted. We had picked up a banana at LAX airport and intended to consume it on the 13 hour overnight plane ride to Nadi. Unfortunately, we had forgot about it and received a shocking FJ $400 (UDS$200) fine at Nadi airport. Despite our repeated explanation, we were greeted with nasty, bureaucratic, cold attitude--we were told that we had 7-days to pay up the fine. Otherwise we won't be allow to leave fiji.

Joyce came out to greet us at the tiny airport in Taveuni. Immediately, we felt the friendly warm welcome that we read about Fiji. While driving to the resort, she was already explaining the island, introducing us to the culture. At Nakia, we were greeted with welcome cold refreshing drinks, and hot breakfast. Finally, it felt like the start of a vacation!

We did the mini culture tour with Joyce, visited a local village (where some of the staff lives), walked up to a waterfall, toured the local hospital and church, stopped at the International dateline. All really interesting stops. The second day, we started diving and we found the rental equipments were in good conditions. The entire staff in the dive shop were professional and helpful. We were always in small groups, 2-4 divers per dive master who were good at explaining things with underwater writing slate. The rainbow reef is everything that everybody said it is, and better. A quick word about the Cyclone Winston that hit Taveuni in Feb 2016. You can see a few broken hard corals here and there, but the overall quality is not affected.

Before we leave the island, Joyce offered to help us with logistics of paying the Banana tax. She made a lot of phone calls and figured out who to contact, where the local official office is and drove us there. We were grateful for all her help.

Last but not least, the food at Nakia was absolutely yummy. Fresh fish, local beef and on site vegetable garden made the meals outstanding. Be careful divers, you might need extra weights on your dive the next day, but it's worth it. The Kava night with local songs and music was also a memorable experience.

Nakia and the Dive shop were recommended to us by a friend who had been there before. We will definitely do the same and highly recommend this experience to everybody. Thank you again. Bula!

Room Tip: only four bures, no bad rooms
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple