Garden Island Resort(Taveuni Island)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$167
  • Restaurant
Maravu Taveuni Lodge(Matei)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$35
  • Pool
Taveuni Dive Resort(Taveuni Island)
US$295
US$275
Priceline
  • Pool
Sau Bay Fiji Retreat(Waiyevo)(Great Value!)
US$585
US$713
US$341
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$504/night.

No availability for your dates from these sites
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Agoda.com
All reviewsfiji nightfoot massageallan and terridive shoprainbow reeffishdive staffindian nightoutdoor showerbrowniecourse dinnerdive sitesbasket weavingkava ceremonysoft coralsliving areaoctopus
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Right from the minute you step into the grounds you are greeted by the staff who make you feel welcome. From that point until we left we didn't have a bad word to say about Paradise Taveuni. The staff are friendly, the grounds are well kept (considering that Winston was only one year ago, the recovery is phenomenal) and there is plenty to see and do. We had our one year old daughter with us, and the only regret is she will be too young to remember all the new friends she made. There was a nanny service available as well, which was great news!!

If you're looking to get away and do your own thing, get involved with cultural activities and see the sites on the island or go and dive the reef, I have no worries in recommending Paradise Taveuni to anyone. The fact that just last year the resort was smashed by the cyclone, it can only get better.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
paradisetaveuni, Owner at Paradise Taveuni, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Bula Aaron,
Thanks so much for bringing your family to Paradise and we all enjoyed having you stay with us. Thank you also for the recommendation and great comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise again some day.
Terri & Allan

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Arriving at the small, rural airport at Taveuni was where this dive adventure started for me. Traveling from the Midwest in the USA to Taveuni was an arduous trip but we were made to feel immediately welcome as soon as we arrived. Our group was met by Allen, the owner of Paradise Taveuni, our dive gear and luggage was grabbed by Allen and his staff, loaded in the back of pickup trucks, and we were off to the resort. It was about an hour drive to the resort on a very bad road (being honest). Once at the resort we were met enthusiastically by the staff, introductions were made, and our luggage was taken to our rooms. This is a small detail but worth mentioning; the staff called us by name from then on and always remembered our names, a courtesy I had difficulty with reciprocating.

We were there for the diving and we were not disappointed, this is a first class dive operation. We were well briefed on the location of safety equipment on the dive boat and for each dive. The staff took care of switching out tanks and our bcd's stayed on the boat while we took care of rinsing and hanging our wet suits between dives. Our guides were knowledgeable and pointed out sea life. Another unusual thing was that Allen made just about every dive with us.

Our rooms at the resort were quite luxurious. We had a bedroom, sitting area, and a large washroom with the usual. There was also an outside shower that I used most of the time; no worries, it had a privacy wall. I found the water temp to be a bit tricky to adjust but manageable.

Dining was sheltered but 'open air'. All of the meals were exquisitely prepared and served. Cocktails were available and were also beautifully prepared. There was a happy hour and a 'special' of the day. There was a charge for drinks and the liquor but it was reasonable.

There were also non-diving excursions available for an additional charge and they were well worth the cost. We made one trip to an outlying island to meet non-Fijian islanders that settled an island with cooperation of the Fiji government in 1946. We also did a waterfall and natural water slide tour on our last day since we couldn't dive. It was fun but the hike to the upper falls and the top of the slide wasn't easy.

Needless to say, what I liked best was the diving, after all that's what I came for. Allen made himself available to talk about life on the reefs and share his insights on the reef's health. My non-diving partner also enjoyed her stay. There were spa treatments and messages available that she enjoyed. We also participated in a kava ceremony that was a highlight of our stay. (An event best experienced first hand rather than described)

My least favorite part of this trip was saying goodbye. I really felt as though I had made new friends by meeting Allen and Terry and their wonderful staff. Terry chronicled the rebuilding of the resort after it was destroyed by Cyclone Winston in 2016. Most of today's staff are the ones who came to rebuild the resort after the destruction. It was apparent the relationship between staff and employer is not a typical one. My sense is the staff feels committed to making every guest feel welcome and comfortable. Is that an Islander characteristic? I don't know but it is a special bond between employer, staff, and guest. Allen and Terry are to be commended for what they do for the economy of Taveuni.

Room Tip: The bures face the ocean. Meal plan but ala cart prices available. Resort's location is remote.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenneth J
paradisetaveuni, Owner at Paradise Taveuni, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Bula Ken,
Thanks so much for your heartfelt words that brought a tear to my eye while reading them. I am elated that your Paradise experience was one to be fondly remembered and that you enjoyed the diving here in Paradise. We are fortunate that the cyclone did not effect the stunning Rainbow Reef, where you and the group dived mostly. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed just about everything on offer here - accommodation, food, activities and of course the Fijian hospitality.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Terri - Paradise owner

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We stayed and dove at Paradise for 7 wonderful days in March 2017. This is truly a tropical paradise. The accommodations are beautifully decorated and comfortable. Beautiful fresh flowers placed everywhere you look. The grounds are immaculate with hammocks for resting and even an Oceanside outdoor spa is available. The swimming pool was always sparkling. Numerous tours are offered. We did the Bouma Falls tour and Loved it. There are a lot of complimentary activities. I enjoyed the basket weaving with Mike. The food is tastefully prepared and you have a variety of offerings. Desserts are exceptional. We did get a little tired of the root crops. The service of the staff here is top notch. You're treated like family where everyone knows your name and goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. The dive shop and crew are there 100% to help with all your gear and guide you on dives with the utmost safety. Rainbow Reef is a sensory delight of colorful hard and soft corals and so many fish. I can't say enough about the staff at this resort. I have never met such loving friendly people and hope I get to return here some day. Stay the same Paradise Taveuni! Rick and Jennifer from Tucson Arizona, USA.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Bula Rick & Jennifer and many thanks for your great comments about your stay. It makes each and every one of us very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Dive Vacation in Paradise. I know that we and all of the Paradise Team enjoyed getting to know you all. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Allan & Terri

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Our dive group descended on the Paradise resort with great expectations for diving in Fiji. These were fully met and surpassed by the resort. My wife. who is a non-diver is often dubious of the facilities in dive oriented venues but we all fell in love with Paradise. The location and staff are simply outstanding. The accommodations matched the environment perfectly. Don't expect a lavish luxury resort but if you enjoy a truly welcoming experience where you feel part of the family, Paradise is ideal. Meals were creative and highlighted delicious local dishes. Everything was made to order with a new menu daily. The dive operation was first class, well organized and very supportive of individual diver's needs and preferences. Terri, Allan and the Paradise team have created a very special, bucket-list, experience. Don't miss Terri's presentation on their recovery from cyclone Winston that visualizes the amazing community effort to rebuild this unique location. Best dive trip ever!

Room Tip: Request Oceanfront Bure
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Seanprb
paradisetaveuni, Owner at Paradise Taveuni, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Bula Sean,
We are so happy to receive this wonderful review and we are overjoyed to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Thanks for referring others to stay with us and we hope to meet you and Karen in Paradise again.
Terri and the Paradise Team

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Reason why I say Part #1 . I am in the booking process. I am the Group leader of a large group planning a trip to here. I have already met Allen and have been in communication with Teri. Booking with them has been very easy and dependable to work with. I can not wait to bring my divers to meet the rest of The Paradise Family.

Please tell Allen I am sure wanting to get another bottle of that Fiji Rum. I have searched, I can only get it Fiji. Yum.

I'll share my Part #2 Review after my Trip in August. In the meantime Ill be dreaming with all the wonderful photos that the Resorts posts on Facebook.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Bula! Thanks for the great review and we are all looking forward to exceeding you and your divers expectations when you are here. Looking forward to meeting you all in August. Allan will have extra Fiji Rum on hand :)
Terri & Allan - Paradise owners