19 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$230
PricelineUS$229
Trip.comUS$230
4,096 results
All reviews magic life activity pool main restaurant different theme beach bar fantastic holiday water polo chicken sea sharm complex tui tennis aerobics
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

I cannot give enough praise to this hotel! As a family we loved it! The rooms were huge and always cleaned by the lovely housekeeping staff that were always so friendly! There was so much choice of food, each dinner was a different theme and was exciting to have a look and see what displays there were, even the waiters dressed up! The whole hotel was kept so clean and tidy-even the beach toilets were cleaner than most public toilets in the uk! Every day we saw the maintenance men painting something new and the gardeners tidying up the shrubs and trees. The grounds are stunning!

The pool area was amazing, spent most of the time at the kids pool where there was enough loungers for everyone. The few times we ventured to the otherside of the pool it was even better, there was music playing and activities with the entertainment team-could get a bit loud but I love it.

I have to say the biggest and best part about the hotel was the kids club, it was amazing and I'm gutted I didn't "send" my daughter there earlier- every day she woke up asking for us to take her there. She loved it! Franzi and the team were so lovely and made so much effort with the kids. The club room is like a little play school and has so much to do! The little disco at the end was so much fun for them, even when the songs were in different languages everyone joined in.

I couldn't get over how friendly the staff were, the barmen at the pool, waiters, lifeguards and even the gardeners would say hello and smile even when they were busy. They would always ask how we were and how our day was!

We went to the Indian/Thai restaurant which was lovely. Was easy to book and the staff yet again were so friendly. The food was lovely-not your average Indian.

The beach was a little dissapointing but only due to the roughness of the sand, the loungers and everything else were perfect-although they get hot! The lifeguards and barmen again were lovely. The best part of the beach has to to be the jetty! It's so nice to walk down and see what you can see, the corals and fish are gorgeous.my OH and parents went diving and loved it! They are so helpful and friendly at Magic dive.

Even the wellness team (which I was a bit worried about after reading reviews) were very friendly. They would approach you but were happy enough when you said no. The shop owner in the "newsagents" was brilliant! He was so helpful and funny that we ended up in there at least once or twice a day! Sold everything you needed and prices are set so no haggling which I found so much easier, everything is lablled in euros but he will quite happily change into sterling or Egyptian pounds!

So overall we loved the hotel and holiday! All I would say about sharm airport is take toilet paper and disinfectant! The only time in the whole holiday I felt a little bit sick! Don't expect anything from it!

I would 100% go back again, April/may was definitely the best time to go, was quiet enough and so warm! Highs hit 38 which was perfect! Although I was told that this was the coldest April in 15 years, I'm quite happy with that as was also told August gets to 58 degrees! Ouch!

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank Megan C
Reviewed 4 May 2015

Stayed here last week of april and had a very good time as i agree with another review there is no wow factor with this hotel and i dont think they need it. From the time we arrived we were looked after everyone is very friendly and helpful and hotel is very clean. No problem with the food or drinks tried all three al la cartes amazing. Please dont change anything about the hotel having walked up to neighbouring rixos its not the hotel we stayed in a couple of years back. Thank you for a brill time and yes we would stay at this lovely hotel again.

Room tip: our room overlooked gardens in block 14 quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank hai99
Reviewed 3 May 2015

I have been to Sharm before, so was therefore not expecting too much from the local surroundings, but was slightly disappointed on arrival at the hotel reception, because it seemed a bit shabby and worn. The last time we stayed in Nabq bay we stayed at a much glossier hotel. However as we got used to the place we actually began to like it more, the buildings all have the appearance of orange sandstone, a very Egyptian feel, rather than ultra modern and everything was very clean, with lovely gardens to wander in. Our room was near the relax pool and we stayed pretty much in this area the whole time, it was nice to be away from the loud music and efforts of the animation team, although they seemed to be doing a good job for those who wanted to partake in the many activities. In the evenings we really enjoyed sitting outside in the various bar areas and saw a couple of really good shows both there and in the amphitheatre. The staff were all excellent, very busy serving, clearing tables etc all the time and always pleasant. It is a big hotel so the main dining area was quite hectic around 7pm, but if you enjoy a cocktail, then dine a bit later ie after 8pm it qui tens down and dining is a much more pleasant experience. Each evening the restaurant was beautifully decorated for a different theme, which was lovely and there was always plenty of choice of freshly cooked food for every taste. The a la carte restaurants were perfect a much more relaxed dining experience, all were good but the Italian was my favourite. Overall I would recommend this hotel, it has a lovely ethnic feel and it's very well kept, with excellent standards of hygiene.

Room tip: I think all rooms were pretty standard design, we had a pool view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jane L
Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

This review is of the hotel itself, its surroundings and Egypt overall. Our trip was in July 2014. When we booked the holiday we were very excited and had very high expectations as it was not cheap and is 5*. Before we even got to the hotel, arriving at the airport in sharm el sheik was awful! There was no clear queues to get through security so everyone was pushing and shoving and it was totally unorganised. There was also clearly no air con so we were waiting for nearly an hour and a half in ridiculous heat! Once arriving at the hotel, it did not look as I imagined. Down the road of the hotel were a lot of dingy looking shops with men sitting outside trying to talk people into going in. Obviously I expected this as it was Egypt and I had previously been told to expect this. But I was hoping that it would not be so close to the hotel. Reception was fantastic and we were taken to our room within 5 mins and told that we could make the late night buffet. This was great as we were starving, and although there wasn't much to offer, we still appreciated that we got to eat so late. The first day me and my boyfriend were walking along the beach, which wasn't that great, as there was a lot of cigarette nubs and it was rather quite rocky. We were approached by a camel man who seemed very nice at first. My boyfriend and I practically got forced on the camel and he took my boyfriends phone to take pictures. Still seeming very innocent. He made another man walk us up and down the beach and when it was over, we HAD to pay. Of course there was no mention of this beforehand but it was clear if we did not pay, we were not getting the phone back. The man, who did not do anything, but make the other man do the work demanded what was the equivalent of £50!!!!!!! Of course it got very heated as I refused and got very angry so in the end he got about £10 from my boyfriend just wanting to leave it, he did not deserve anything he was a disgusting rude man. Of course every day we went to the beach he bugged us. He sat next to the jetty so he could target people. I also noticed he had friends in the hotel so we didn't exactly have anyone to complain to, and one worker even witnessed our argument and did not step in he just looked as though he thought it was funny. Disgusting. I was quite put off from the start. However the hotel itself was lovely!! Very large and the pool area was gorgeous. Great atmosphere during the afternoon when the entertainment group did the pool games. The unlimited drinks were very nice. Not watered down at all and the cheese toasties and sandwiches which you could get all day until 5 by the pool was a nice touch! Breakfast there was a lot to choose from! All very lovely! Could not get better food tbh and the chefs were very professional and would never complain. All of the workers I met at the hotel were fantastic! I wish I could remember the names of the waiters that really stood out to me! The slim man with the glasses who works the morning and dinner buffets! He was lovely, always smiling, always asking if we needed anything else. The bar men on the night were also very nice! Very funny and always made you whatever you wanted. Our room was quite dated and abit depressing but was always clean ! Our cleaner Mohammed was fantastic! Always left us lovely shapes with the towels and always made an effort with our room, so of course he always got tipped. The Mosquitos were awful. I was literally eaten alive the whole holiday but I guess this would happen in most hotels in Egypt especially as club magic life is so open. We would spend an extra hour trying to swat all of them before we went to sleep but due to the dark furniture it was very hard to see them. So I liked all of the hotel staff, except for one!!!!! The wellness staff. Need I say more? The spa man with the green eyes was the rudest man I had ever came across!!!!! He approached me and my boyfriend seeming very nice but when we made it clear we would like to think about it before we booked as it was £170 each!!! He went crazy. Totally lost his temper with me saying I had to decide there and then, making out like I did not have a choice. So of course I told him he was a rude man with him then telling me I was a rude horrible woman! Lol of course we ended up arguing and he then left us alone. I always get the feeling with a lot of Egyptian men that they do not like being told by a woman. They are obviously not used to it, but when they are dealing with women from other countries, I think they ought to start getting used to it! Anyway, the head of the spa had obviously seen this and came over and apologised to us and also got the man himself to apologise. Anyway, the entertainment on the night by the club magic life team was very good!! The shows were amazing and very funny. However the evening entertainment such as the discos were very boring. I would not recommend this hotel for young couples. You will be very dissappointed. The sea was also not my cup of tea. You had to walk down the jetty if you wanted to go into the sea but of course it was very deep by that point and being an inexperienced swimmer I did not get in. We did a few excursions, nothing special. We always found that although we had payed already we always had to part with some cash at the end. I didn't like this as it always felt like we were bullied into it. I'm pretty sure when you tip it's because you want to!? Going out at night was very scary tbh. The roads were very dark and the shop keepers would turn very nasty if you did not want to buy anything from their shop. Not all of them, but the majority of them. By the end of the two weeks I just couldn't wait to go home. Me and my boyfriend were so fed up. It was a shame as the hotel itself is fab! There are just a few downfalls unfortunately. It's safe to say I will never go back to Egypt in my life. It's just not for me. But everyone is different.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank lulujx
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

I'm being picky only giving this place 4. It does everything very well but just lacks the final wow. Staff everywhere are almost all brilliant and attentive and tip boxes are all over so tips can be shared out. Buffet has a different theme every night and is freshly cooked. Hygiene and cleanliness is great. We were there 10 days and had no tummy problems at all. We wanted a room change from a twin to a double (thank you, not, for yet again not transmitting our request First Choice...) and this was actioned promptly, courteously and with a smile by the really helpful Magic Life reception staff.
All inclusives (Italian - great ambience, Asian - great Thai, Egyptian - well, Egyptian...) and are all good but have to be booked at guest services one day in advance. It opens at 9 and the queuing starts at 8.15 but has cleared by 10 past nine and places are still available then - so go later and avoid the queue!
Snorkelling is good off the jetty. We had three red flag days with strong winds which marred the snorkelling a bit, but once the green flag was up its pretty good with a lifeguard present who lets you know which way the current is flowing. Snorkelling to the right, (South side) is better.
Relax pool is quiet, activity pool is hectic, sun beds usually towelled up between 7.30 and 8 so be prepared...Sun is hot and burns so find shade and remember your high factor suntan cream.
Entertainment staff are enthusiastic and the shows are fun and enjoyable. Get your drinks from the bar before going to the amphitheatre though as there is no bar there.
The Asian restaurant is open, no booking required, at lunchtime and does great fajitas.
Promenade north at the hotel front is a great walk in the evening after about 4.30 when it starts to cool, very few touts to bother you.
The hotel provides everything you need unless you forget insect repellent spray which you can buy in the Pharmacy across the road. Only a few mossies at dawn and early evening though but did see some people with nasty bites..although the hotel has its own 'ghost buster' patrol with their electric tennis bats...
Not a lot to see other than desert and tat outside so don't bother and if going bike riding remember it's very hot and be fit and take lots of water - or alternatively don't.
Trips are available to Cairo / Luxor but expensive and long days, we preferred just chill axing. We did do the snorkelling cruise to Tiran Island (see TA VIP Cruise reviews) which is a must do, but shop around as Viator (tripadvisor) do a much better deal than the tour operators who big up the safety / security side and charge extra for that. Again though, your choice.
Magic Life is up with the best we could see in the Nabq Bay Area. Village Egyptian theme, Rixos next door and a new Rixos soon to open on the other side are probably more luxurious and contemporary, but Magic Life gives great value for money, just lacks that final wow factor though, nd although gardens and fabric are exceptionally well maintained there are signs of ageing..
Finally Sharm is in a military zone (zone c - the safest) and is exclusively dependent on tourism. Staff are predominantly male unaccompanied as very few families live locally and most staff come from Cairo and villages in mainland (non Sinai / Asian) Egypt.
They need our tourism and are aware of it and open to constructive feedback, and generally try to be helpful and attentive. If we stay away standards will fall which would be a shame, and so we will keep going back as its a great and economical early summer break location with everything you could want for all at a great price; although we might go to Naamah bay next time where it's more sheltered from wind and the from the Gulf of Aqaba tidal swell and also nearer old sharm - but again personal choice..
4 and a half or more out of five but not quite five - don't let me put you off, we had a great time and I've been purposely picky to inform fellow travellers rather than with any intention to criticise...

Trip type: Travelled as a couple