All reviews pools beach honeymoon key roomy
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We called asking for a suites and we told there were no rooms available. However, we did go for breakfast the last day in Salinas. The entrance was really nice. We entered the buffet room and it was really nicely organized and full of food options. We went and sat at a big enough table for 10 of our family members. Everything that we served ourselves was fantastic. Our server/waiter was really attentive to our needs and wants. Although we were not staying at the hotel it was very very uncomfortable to see and over hear the host direct the waiter to make sure that one of us to approach the register to pay She was standing right behind me and I was sitting at the end of the table. That is so wrong I think she should have taken him to the buffet room spoken to him then. I agree with a previous review... none of the employees really crack a smile. That is very important when working in this business.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
BarceloSalinas, Director General at Barcelo Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

In Barceló we strongly believe that there is always room for improvement and your comments will assist our team in their continuous efforts aimed at meeting our guests' expectations, therefore we greatly appreciate the time you took out of your day to share your constructive critics.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

The most disappointing experience in my lifetime of travel. The front desk is rude and unhelpful. Every encounter with them was negative. They never smile and are very clearly unhappy people. I went off season and paid over $500 for two nights. The hotel was very empty and yet the clerk insisted on giving us the worst room in the place. The room is a tiled up dated and more motel looking. It seemed to please the front desk clerk to stick to us with the room. She put the mandatory wrist band on in front of the security guy with a gun. I seriously felt like I was in North Korea . No one there smiles.

The staff in the dining room was much more cordial. The dining area was staffed well and they were much better than the front desk. The food was not to my liking but available most of the day.

The bartenders were really off the charts. One older guy was not friendly or happy but would serve us. The two young ones were hostile. I watched them angrily serve guests and never smile or even be personable with the clients. The one by the upstairs pool looked like he wanted to fight somebody. The bar is included and Barcelo does not want people hanging around the bar long. Hiring those pitbull bartenders keeps people away. Maybe the work conditions are hard and the pay is low but I got the feeling no one working at Barcelo Salinas wants to be there.

I traveled from the other side of the world by airplane. Took a 3 hour car ride there. I get one vacation a year. Barcelo Salinas could care less. Why not give me a decent room when the hotel is empty? Why be so angry and hostile at the bars? It's my only vacation and I spent so much money and time to see you and you can't even smile and treat your guests special? I found Ecudorians to be friendly and warm in Quito and Guayaquil. Unfortunately the Barcelo in Salinas does not share in that pride.

I always try to learn something from my bad experiences. I sat at the rooftop pool and think the view there is breathtaking . I could not understand how the bartender could sit there so unhappy. He was in the spot everybody is traveling around the world to see. Yet he can not enjoy the paradise because of something inside himself. I guess you realize hapiness is not a location, it is a state of mind.

T

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
BarceloSalinas, Director General at Barcelo Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Although we are quite surprised and dismayed by the content of your review regarding your holiday at our Barceló Salinas , please rest assured that your comments have been taken onboard and revised by the entire Management team, however we would like to take this opportunity to clarify certain aspects of your review as a simple matter of exactness of the information reported. The most important thing we want to clarify is: In our hotel, there is no security personnel with weapons ... For the rest of the points, please be assured that all will be addressed by our staff and will be considered to increase the quality of our services and direct attention to our dear guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconsistency you may have experienced during your stay. Thank you for your comments. Best regards

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Clean, excellent food. Employees are courteous. they make you feel just like home. I will come back every time, I'm in Salinas. Hotel is 100% better than decameron punta centinela. the room views to the ocean, are superb. comfort is the key & you get it in Barcelo, too bad I stayed one day this time around. They have remodeled the hotel is absolutely beautiful, 2 swimming pools, very close to the beach. I love it hear, my favorite hotel in salinas.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
BarceloSalinas, Director General at Barcelo Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thank you very much for sharing this great review of your recent stay at Barceló Salinas. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay and certainly agree that our dedicated staff plays a key role to our guests' overall experience. The entire team works very hard to ensure that we deliver a high standard of service and a warm, memorable experience.
We will be happy to assist you again in your next vacation. Best Regards

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

The Barcelo Colon is a 4 star hotel/residence. The perfect location on the Malecon. Great bar and restaurant on-site. Good proximity to other venues and beach.

Stayed in the condo residence section. All the amenities of the hotel plus extra privacy.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
bcmiramar, Director General at Barcelo Salinas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear Guest
First thing, thank you very much for your comments about our Hotel, Services and Location. Your opinion is very important for us, and will help improve our standards and obviously, the satisfaction of all our guests. We truly hope to have de oportunity to make you feel again as at home, in a near future. Best regards!

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Pros:
1- Comfort is the key!
2- Elegant setting
3- Professional and kind staff
4- Free Wifi, oh lord so much needed!
5- Great location. It's located in the middle of Salinas strip or Malecón.
6- Fantastic place to come to Celebrate New Year's!!!

Date of stay: January 2017

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your preference in our services, and for dedicating your time by sending us your comments, which are very important for us. We hope to have the opportunity to give you the most warm welcome to your Barceló Salinas Hotel, and to have a totally new and pleasant experience. All our staff will be very happy to assist you in the near future. Best regards and have a Happy New Year 2017!