See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

We were traveling through "Ruta Spondylus", we visited many beaches and cities (and hotels).

Nazo was a really good choice when we were at Manta, to visit the city and closest beaches like Puerto Cayo, San Lorenzo and San Mateo at south side, and Crucita, San Jacinto, San Clemente at north side.

The hotel personnel was very kind, the room very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was ok as it's included in the price, the person who attends at breakfast is very gentle also.

The location was ok, no much people nor traffic, supermarket and some restaurants were very close. "Murcielago" beach is near also.

If we visit Manta again, we'll reserve at Nazo.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PanchoIzurieta
Reviewed 18 December 2015

This great hotel is on the edge of manta. Only a $2 taxi ride to anywhere in Manta.
Staying 1.5 miles from the hustle and bustle of the City center is a plus, considering the very low cost taxis. You will not find a better hotel for $45 per night in Ecuador.

Room tip: If you want to be directly on the beach but the beach is only a 4 minute $2 taxi ride away.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dennis O
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Julia was our hostess and what a great representative for this hotel - she went out of her way to make sure we really enjoyed our stay. Our room was certainly adequate with all necessary facilities. The free wifi was also appreciated. The on-site Argentinian restaurant was perfect for our evening meal and next morning Julia cooked our breakfast personally. We would definitely return when next in Manta.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2015

Arrived at the hotel for a 2 night stay. Was greeted by "Julia" very nice and helpful. Entered the room was really clean, did not smell and everything in the room looked relatively new. Was only in room about 5 minutes before I had to leave to make business rounds. When I returned that evening I noticed that the AC was making LOUD banging noises when the compressor cycled. It was a difficult sleep. I reported the issue the next morning and they said they would repair it. (They offered to change my room, but I had already unpacked my suitcase and I did not want to be bothered again in packing and unpacking.) The next day I came back early evening and they said they had fixed the AC. I turned un the AC and yes the "banging noises" were not present, but the unit did have a "hum" to it. Went to sleep and about 3:00am I had to wake up due to the "banging noises of the AC being even louder than the night before". Needless to say I di not sleep well. Following I will rate the good with the bad of this hotel.
GOOD: Clean, everything inside the hotel is pretty new and there is no residual smell from use of the room. Plenty of towels, hot water worked well.
BAD: Cheap Chinese made AC systems. The Direct TV has a limited amount of Channels. The telephone system in the rooms is worthless, you have to call the front desk and have Them connect your calls (even local ones) and there is No one in reception after 11:00pm. Hotel has 4 floors and NO Elevator, so if you like to climb stairs all the time this place is for you. The hotel is located on a street that is busy at times with NOISE like starting at 6:00am !
NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: Locks on doors do not automatically close, they should be changed. Breakfast was "spartan" at best I did not take advantage of it the day I left, I went to a café.

Final Assessment: Would I or Would I Not Stay Here Again ? Maybe, but probably not. I checked out the HAMILTON hotel which is nearby and it is a better property, will stay there next time.

Room tip: Get the 2nd floor unless you like to climb stairs.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank CaptainKuddles
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family and I had a great experience here at Nazo. The staff was amazing! We were all jet lagged and we arrived extremely early (before check in time) and the owner allowed us to check in a room without any issues. We didn't have to explain the fact that we just spent two days traveling and that we took a 7 hour car ride to arrive a tthe hotel! The hotel itself is very clean and the breakfast is good as well. For this amazing price you can't beat it! We are truly happy we stayed here as opposed to the expensive outdated Hotel Oro Verde. We definitely intend on returning! As far as the security goes, please don't judge a book by its cover. Most places have security guards and we felt completely safe...def. not something that you should worry about.

Room tip: If the noise of cars bothers you then it might be a problem because you can here the cars in the middle of the night since it is on a busy road.
Date of stay: August 2014