US$108
US$117
US$105
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Crystal Inn(Eatontown)
US$79
US$97
Best Western Hazlet Inn(Hazlet)
US$141
All reviewssandy hookmunicipal lotboutique hotelnice balconysmall hotelour room was spaciousice machineone night stayblue baycopper canyon restaurantferrytartdesklobbynyccomforter
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

In the executive suite you get a view of a construction site and utility pole with metal barrels overhanging balcony. God forbid if you your child gets sick and you need to reschedule reservation or ask for a glass of milk at 9 pm - you are on your own. Staff not caring and management is uncompromising.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mopusat
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The blue bay inn is charming. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. It is in a great location, however it is a little pricey as it lacks alot of
amenities. There is no parking on the site and the Inn doesn't have a pool, workout room, fridge, microwave or lounge, but, they are in the process of adding a lounge.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat B
Reviewed 23 June 2017

We recently stayed here. It's one of the few places in that neighborhood. The inn itself is small and lovely. The rooms are well appointed. That's the good news. The bad news? Lots of construction right next door, construction that started at 7 AM on Saturday morning! My suggestion is that if you are staying here you make sure you are on the opposite side of the hotel from the construction. It looks like major construction so it will probably be going on for quite a while.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017

This hotel is cute and perfectly nice. We had seen it before on our many trips to Sandy Hook and had high hopes for it. We stayed for a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary and was hoping for something fancier than we would normally do. The hotel was fine, just not as nice as I had hoped for the price. You're paying for location more than anything here.

Our room was a spacious as I'd expect for $215 a night. But the added amenities that could have put this over the top for me are missing. The only coffee available is from a single k-cup machine in the lobby of the hotel. For $200+ a night, I'd like decent in-room coffee. If I have leave my room, I don't want to drink garbage k-cup coffee. The toiletries aren't great and don't get replenished every day. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner because what they provide will not do the trick for a single person, let alone a couple. We did have a cute little balcony, but during our stay it overlooked a construction site complete with heavy machinery noise at 8 am. The curtains are for show only and don't pull across the window or glass door to block the light and the light on the balcony can't be turned off. I had hoped for a nice dark room where my husband and I could sleep in, but was awake by 7 am every day because once the sun is up your room is bright and there's nothing you can do to fix it. Not the relaxing getaway I had hoped for.

Like I said, a perfectly nice hotel that was clean and the staff was friendly. But for what I paid, I can go somewhere nicer. I'd rather drive a little farther and get more for my money.

Room Tip: A parking pass is provided for the nearby municipal lot but be warned that it can fill up quickly during peak season.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LMcCBender
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We stayed here because we were scoping out Gateway National Recreation Area which is nearby in Sandy Hook and The Blue Bay Inn came up as a top choice in the area. I think because there are very few hotels in the immediate area, they can charge a little more at the Blue Bay. The hotel and rooms are nicely decorated, but there weren't much in the way of extras, such as breakfast or bottled water. Our room did have a flat screen TV. The parking is in the back in a municipal lot, and I imagine since it was nearly full on a cold rainy Saturday in May, it may be very full in the peak of summer. This place may be best for mid week travelers who are taking the ferry from NYC who wouldn't have a car with them. The ferry is just down the street. There are several restaurants right next door, and there was a wine bar where they were playing loud music easily heard from our room. They stopped playing at a fairly reasonable time though. There was stomping noises from the room above us also, and we noticed some airplane noises as well, which are likely on the approach to JFK. We do REALLY recommend the bakery down the street "The Flaky Tart" for yummy pastries!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor away from the front of the hotel to reduce noise issues.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family