All reviewscable tvlay your headolder placewithin walking distanceother hotels in the areamicrowaveboardwalkmattress
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Even though this motel is convenient to the beach it's just awful. It's old, their bathrooms are gross. The bed linens and bedspread has to be 20 years old. The odor in the room was foul. The carpeting was so old. Picture a motel from 1970 and this is it! We were scared to sleep in the bed so we ended up leaving. It's a shame, this is prime piece of real estate, these folks could make millions if they would just totally renevate this place! The shower didn't even have a shower head it was just a pipe. Stand up shower, tiles were gross, bathroom floor was wet. The towels were a little bigger than a hand towel and thin as paper. Nothing to put on the bathroom floor. Ughhh it was just awful! Hopefully these owners will see they have a gold mine here and fix the place up! The man that checked us in was no accommodating at all. Don't even try to check in a few minutes early!! The 2 women checking us out were nice. We ended up driving home that night. The door didn't even close right. No security on the door, we just didn't feel comfortable here. One word.... Yuk!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Momma252
Reviewed 25 February 2018

My daughter and I only stayed one night. It's an old hotel and needs work. It had all the basics we needed, but I definitely would not walk on the carpet in my bare feet. Had to ring the door bell to access the front desk, which then made me wonder what kind of area I was in.

Room Tip: Felt better on the second floor than the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I had booked a room at the Oceanic for Oct 14 & 15 for a wedding. On Oct 9th I had a death in the family and not only had to cancel all my travel plans but had to make funeral arrangements at the same time. Needless to say my room at the Oceanic slipped through my list on things to do. I kept looking in my emails to see if there was anything there as I couldn't even remember the name of the hotel in all of this chaos. Ultimately I never found the booking information and forgot to pursue it further to cancel. I got a call the day of the funeral requesting a time that I was going to check in on Saturday Oct 14, 2017. I called back to explain what happened and was told the manager was not there. Normal policy requires 3 days ahead to cancel. I was told to call back at 9 am the next morning to speak with the manager. I woke up the next morning the day after the funeral at 9 am and again was busy with funeral/death stuff and forgot to call until 12:30. At that time I was told the manager waited until 9:30 and had to charge me $109 for the room. I thought I booked the room for $89 so that was a surprise. It was also a surprise when I got a call back later telling me what the manager had done in the morning. I know it was an exception to the rule but having a close family member pass away unexpectedly will throw you off. Sorry to say because of this I will never stay nor recommend anyone to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank perrellic
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The Oceanic Inn is old. So am I. We both show our age. I would stay here anytime I can. It has all the basics. I probably should give it 5 stars, but the shortbread is old and droopy. Stay here and make your own dream come true. You can't beat the price and location.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jere T
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

That's the only perk to this very outdated hotel. It was a close walk to the beach and boardwalk. The man at the counter was nice, gave information about the local goings on that may be of interest. Room was cramped and very old looking. Had everything but an alarm clock and a hair dryer. Shower dripped all night and you could hear the people walking around upstairs clearly. Be ready to hand them $10 cash upon check in for the key. Still a real key and not an electronic lock. You get it back when you leave, but if you don't carry cash it could be problematic.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family