All reviews pool table hammock area cinema room small pool cleaning ladies pub crawl el poblado perfect location clean rooms free coffee great atmosphere other travelers min walk hostel rooftop chill vibe
Reviewed 24 January 2016

a very clean and stylistic hostel. Has a small cinema room, a pool table, an in house bar, plus a great patio sitting area to socialize, also a side area with a table and lounge area to make use of their fast and free wifi. Located in a cool neighborhood, cash kiwi is a great hostel, one of the better ones in a big city i've stayed in.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jasonyamanaka
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

This us not my first stay at casa kiwi. I was here 3 years ago and it was great. Not so much any more. The place is or was owned by an American but he seems to have left the place to fall apart.

Current staff is very unhelpful and doesn't appear to be the most intelligent. For example you ask about one of the tours and no one knows anything. We are on our 7th day here and they have only cleaned our room once. You can't flush toilet paper here so it piles up in the tiny trash cans when they don't clean your room .

All in all I don't know what the owner is up to or if he just doesn't read the ratings but his place is fading fast. Find another hostel this one's a bummer now.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CasaKiwiHostel, Owner at Casa Kiwi Hostel Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Hola. You're right, I wasn't around much last year since my dad passed away, so I spent a lot time out of the country for months at a time helping my mom with her loss and the transition involved with that. As far as cleaning the private rooms, in order to help out the environment, we don't clean the rooms everyday, but when requested we're more than happy to do so. If the reviews here are any indication, most of our guests seen to have enjoyed their stay. Maybe we'll see you another day. Saludos.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

The atmosphere and welcome from the staff is second to none. Especially from Frederico and David. The environment is conducive to making friends for life, which I did... If you want a hostel with a party atmosphere and friendly guests, this is second to none. Get involved

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

Has a little dipping pool on top, hammocks to lay on, pretty flowers all over. Staff speak English and are very helpful with info and directions. Has a bar, pool table and restaurant. Very clean, comfortable and quiet. Only downfall is price-80000 cop..but I checked several other places that didn't seem as nice and they were all the same price.. Medellin is a bit more pricey than the coast.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Deanna C
Reviewed 1 December 2015

The hostel itself was beautiful and common areas looked more like an exotic hotel than a backpacker hostel. Great kitchen service, friendly staff, clean rooms, nice bar, comfortable common areas, SUPER well located. Normally this place would get 5 stars, but...

I got a really bad vibe from some of the people staying at the hostel. I understand this isn't necessarily the hostel's fault since staff don't pick and choose who gets to stay here, but I feel like some of the rules could have been enforced a little better.

Date of stay: November 2015